3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge and bully dog ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge and bully dog ?

I have a 06 and people keep telling me the Edge attitude isn't out yet but lagunaspeed.com says they have them in stock?my other question is my shop that I go to says all the bully dog tuners turn on the check engine light has anyone else had this problem? thanks for your help.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:30 PM

lagunaspeed is a liar... the product is not out yet however it is supposed to be in a week or so. Im patiently waiting, I have one on preorder. If you want it, order through MarkCraig a dtr sponsor. He beat the best price out there.

you shop is also a liar... they do not always turn on cel lights. Every few trucks to but the programmer has a built in code reader and can clear them. My 04.5 had a bullydog power pup and never threw a code. I programmed back and forth betweeen stock and all the settings for a couple years and never threw a code.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:40 PM

THanks for your help where markcraig a user or a link?Sorry I'm new here.Did you like your bullydog power pup?
Old 04-28-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope! That's bull$&%*
Mike
Originally Posted by 06bluetank
I have a 06 and people keep telling me the Edge attitude isn't out yet but lagunaspeed.com says they have them in stock?my other question is my shop that I go to says all the bully dog tuners turn on the check engine light has anyone else had this problem? thanks for your help.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:28 PM

As far as the BullyDog goes mine has never thrown a code. I tried Edge/Attitude and switched to the TripleDog. I just like the Bullydog alot better. I already had gauges so I didn't need the Attitude to monitor things. Edge shut my truck down in the middle of the road one time with a trailer hooked up because the box malfunctioned. I had to climb under the hood in traffic and unhook everything to get moving again. They replaced it with out any trouble but I couldn't trust it any more. I will stick with my TripleDog.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 PM

tripledog is adjustable on the fly right?With the out look monitor?.is the tripledog and power pup the same?and what about using it in california?I know I have a lot of question sorry.

Thank you
Old 04-28-2006, 09:35 PM

tripledog is adjustable on the fly right?With the out look monitor?.is the tripledog and power pup the same?and what about using it in california?I know I have a lot of question sorry.

Thank you
TripleDog is adjustable on the fly without the OutLook monitor. Power Pup is not. TripleDog is upgradeable through the internet. Don't know about california. Don't be sorry for asking questions, that is why this place is here.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:40 PM

cool thanks well for CA they say for racing only but i don't think it really matters and does it smoke like the edge chips really don't want it to smoke alot
Old 04-28-2006, 09:46 PM

Tow setting = very little smoke
Performance = smoke at low rpm's with heavy throttle
Extreme = smokes pretty good

That being said I run the performance setting most all the time and see no smoke when driving normal. Push the skinny peddle down at less than 1800 rpm's and it smokes.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:14 PM

Whatever you do.....stay as far away from laguna speed as you can. They're morons that have nothing in stock and have everything drop-shipped to you, but they conveniently won't let you know that up front. Call Mark Craig at DPP, or shoot Larry Ellis a PM for a smokin deal.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 PM

cool thank you so much for your help.one more question I'm a pretty good mechanic is this something i can do myself I've never done tuners before.I have a 5inch straight pipe so that probley wont help with the smoke oh well.You are awsome thank you very much
Old 04-28-2006, 10:18 PM

THanks for the heads up on them dirteater the dude seemed like a dumb*** sorry
Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 PM

DPP have a website?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:20 PM

I hear ya, but you might want to edit your last word or you'll get spanked by Admin. Just a heads-up.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:22 PM

DPP have a website?
Yep, you can find them in the ads here at DTR, but here ya go.

DPP Link

Quick Reply: Edge and bully dog ?