3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Edge, Banks, or ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Booger
I appreciate all the replies but I know there has to be someone on here who is running or knows someone running the Banks Sixgun. Even if it sux there has to be at least one out of all the users on this forum. I know Edge/Attitude because my brother and dad run them on their cummins. I am planning on running mechanical gauges cause I don't like the digital ones so I don't need the Attitude monitor. But I am still listening to your opinions.
I have the Banks 6-gun w/ speed loader on my '03 and Im happy with it. I bought the truck with the Banks in it so I didn't have a choice, but I have no reason to change it. Im sure other companies make good products too, but for now I'll stay with the Banks.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:14 AM

i had the banks six gun w/ speedbloaderand it was the crapiest chip i ever put in my truck. everytime i turned my truck on i was worried some code was going to get throwed and the chip wouldnt turn on. the whole thing runs on codes and if one goes off your chip wont turn on. one time i was just messin around tryin to spin my tires and as soon as i did it threw a code. if you cant play around with your truck and try to give it hell every once in a while with the chip on then its no fun. i have the edge j/a now and going to stack it with the superchips programmer soon. and i like my edge alot. i have had no problems and its very relaible and shoots out a pretty good stream of smoke. i think you would be more happy with the edge. its alot easier to hook up unlike the banks. on the banks when you hook it up you better have termite hands because the way you put those plugs in are almost imposible without patience. well goodluck.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:29 AM

throw 18 rolls of hay on there then let me know how it does.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone here pull a load?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Chapter President

THe main reason people on here don't like the Banks modules is the lack of saftey overides. The failsafes on Banks stuff are redundant to say the least, and unless you get the Power PDA version there is no way to overide or change the factory set peramiters that Banks builds into them. Most just buy the name. They go into the local shop and have their whole kit installed and forget about it. In fact, I've seen more people run the entire "Bundled Six gun Package" than any sinle one peice from that kit. And to reiterate what was mentioned earlier, it is an unnessarily complicated install. Every other competitor's modules are plug and play, with a 15-30min install time, so I don't see any reason why Banks has you cut and splice wires to finish and install their product.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:49 AM

Run From Banks

I've got a 04.5 srw 3500. I run the full banks bundle, the programmer, six gun high ram and banks exhaust. This is my first diesel, I did my research and went with banks because it "seemed" to be the safest, no brainer system out there. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Banks is the modern version of PT Barnum! They use all the money they get from suckers like me and put it into slick adversting, what a crock of doodoo! If your search this site, you'll find that most folks wont even touch this crap! I'm very biased against the banks junk because i've had it in my rig for close to 2 years now and i've always had codes. Once i clear one, another would appear, dont even think about calling the company for tech support, if they answer the phone at all, you'll just get a crock of crap! My next step is to pull this junk out, take it the local shooting range and pump it full of .45 and .223 rounds! Banks should be ashamed to put this crap out on the market. I know you'll find folks who swear by banks, but my personal experience has been nothing but frustration.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:16 PM

im glad some people agree with me. its a total waist of time and money and sure its safe and everything but you would only like it if you were about 87 years old and didnt go over 25mph and then you wouldnt have anything to worry about such as throwing codes etc. my advice is to go with the edge defenatly and if you have any problems just call them and they will help you out everyway they can unlike banks that takes 45 minutes just to ask a 30 second question. i guess it takes so long because other people are having alot of problems also.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM
tcr

Banks sux...go with anything else. What an intelligent comment this is

There seems to be a consistency w/ problems w/ Banks and 2004.5 and newer trucks throwing codes. The 03-04 models didn't seem to have this issue. So maybe there are problems w/ these newer models. Maybe just maybe we will here from these people who have actually had first hand issues w/ these trucks and Banks products and KNOW WHAT WAS WRONG and WHAT CAUSED WHAT. Instead of the people who's mamma's brother's friend had a banks..... and they suck!
I know too many people that are totally satisfied w/ their banks crap to count them out as a dependable product, and as far as you people that say price is an issue and bank's prices suck, then maybe you can't afford a truck w/ a 4700.00 engine option and all that goes along w/ bombing it. As far as the others that say they're customer service/ tech support sucks, if your dumb enough to stand by on hold for 30 mins, then well that's your fault; that's why there's managers and supervisors to deal w/. I've had to call banks probably 15 different times for different issues and they were always handled in a reasonable amount of time. Yes I did have problems and I would buy from them again.

Get off it, it's such a broken record w/ some people.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:08 AM

I chose Banks and after 70k mi would do it again. Yes they cost a little more but the service has been fantastic. The folks there are knowledgeable. Would not recommend any power add on that does not measure the EGT and back off on power to prevent frying the turbo. I would also recommend a real fuel pump to replace the lift pump.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:11 PM

banks 2

It's not about being "dumb enough to stay on the phone for 30 mins to speak with someone" about problems with banks stuff. my personal experience has been horrible dealing with banks and that includes supervisors and anyone else you can contact. as i stated before, i've had nothing but problems with the system constantly throwing codes. my absolute number one complaint with banks is there lack of customer service after the sale. i speak only from personal experience and i would never use a banks product again!