3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

EDGE attitude monitor mounting- i'd like to see yours.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
EDGE attitude monitor mounting- i'd like to see yours.

just curious of the 'where' mounting of th monitor in a gen 3. I don't want to put any big holes in dash.
I'm thinking about buying the edge/juice/atttitude box with monitor. thanx , DAVE
Old 09-09-2005, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Used the A-Pillar mount from Edge

Old 09-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crossy,

Probably 90+% of the customer that get the Edge Juice Attitude from us get the A pillar mount like was shown or the new overhead mount that goes above the windshield rear view mirror. Both are super easy installs and can be removed very easily if you need to go in for warranty service too. I had the A pillar mount and recently changed to the overhead and think I like it better, more out of the way and stealthy for thieves too! Call us if you have any questions etc, by the way we have a special DTR member price on the Edge.

Makr @ DPPI
Old 09-09-2005, 10:09 AM

thanx thats what i needed to see.
couple other ? for ya.
1.)are you still running the AM gauges listed in your sig?
2.)Any particualar reason for the ranchos VS. the bilsteins that everyone else here seems to like? did they sraighten out the bouncy bouncy?
3.) what is the whole EZ stacked thing about? I still dont understand half the abbreviations i see here.
4.) since you are working with hotroddiesels I have to assume that your mods are well tested , are you happy with the Juice + exhaust mods?
5.) how much extra $ is the pillar mount,
thanx , DAVE
Old 09-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Mark, you posted while i was still typing. yep I'm that slow:-( .
isn't it a lot harder to keep your eye on the numbers up there when the hammer is down,?

DAVE
Old 09-09-2005, 12:35 PM

Crossy,

I attached pic of my current cockpit.

1 - I have the 4 Autometer gauges installed. They are seperate from any other gauges provided by performance boxes. That way I can switch and still have all my gauges. They also verify that performance boxes are displaying accurate information.

2 - Chose the Rancho because they were adjustable. Don't know if the Bilsteins are better or not. The Ranchos are ok, it is a heavy duty 4x4 3/4 ton truck and kind of rides like one.

3 - The Edge EZ is a different performance box that Edge sells. It adds power with fuel pressure. The Juice adds power with timing and duration so they are a complimenting combination to gain additional power.

4 - Some are well tested and some are their's and mine own combination. Still not through trying different combination of mods for optimum power.

5 - I think the pillar mount was around $50.

Old 09-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
Sorry I don't have a picture, but I've got my Attitude monitor wear the cigarette lighter is/was. I got some fairly large velcro circles and put one on the back of the monitor and the other over the cigarette light hole. Works for me. I don't light bright gauges in my eyes especially when I drive at night, (they bother my eyes) so I put it down low. Works for me!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:15 PM

i have the pillar mount as well, it's alright. you could save some cash and mount it on top of your steering column with the angle aluminum piece edge gives you, i've seen that done and it looked good.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:30 PM

I made my own mount, here are some pictures. Been thing about making them available to the public.

They can mount on either side of the steering wheel and can be attached with High strength double sided tape. I used the tape and then added the screws just to make sure it didn't go anywhere. I'm thinking about shorting up the mount, so it will not have the leverage weight on it. However, the Attitude doesn't weigh much. Let me know what you think.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:38 PM

ramwheelsby4, what is your ez switch is that like a toggle switch?
Old 09-25-2005, 11:06 PM

The Edge EZ has a three position toggle switch to select power levels.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

crossy,

No not really, it's basically the same as having it on the A pillar as far as being able to see it when you're driving etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 09-28-2005, 06:17 PM

Edge release of a2 controller

End of Oct should be the release of the a2. Moniters more not so many extra gauges. Looks good also. Like the Gps. Might want to check that out before you do the attitude. Nothing against the attitude.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:40 PM

Dumb question...since I haven't been able to find it anywhere. To install the 'attitude' do you need to first have the 'juice' or is it a seperate standalone power module in itself?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Banned

The Attitude monitor plugs into the Juice box... so yes, you need the Juice for the Attitude to work.

You can get the BD X monitor though, which is like the Attitude, and it is a standalone gauge unit.

Quick Reply: EDGE attitude monitor mounting- i'd like to see yours.