3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

edge with attitude for 6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does the reflash do for it??? How is it different than the out of the box programming?

Does it change the power levels, or what???

I ran one for about a week, un-reflashed. It seemed to work ok, but it wasn't any better than the six-gun, so I kept my six-gun.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:04 PM

I called and talked to a guy on the phone from Edge. He said it won't throw any codes or lights but it just won't give you the total performance that it's capable of.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 PM

Hoss,

Just to be clear. The 03 six speed trucks (mine has 4.10 also) with the edge juice/attitude need to have the jumpers switched around? I installed my juice in early septemeber and I havent thrown any codes and it runs great. I'm looking in the Edge site now for the jumper modifications. I don't see it anywhere yet so I am downloading the juice instructiuons - maybe it's in there.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:28 AM

Ok, I found it in the instructions online. Basically these jumpers are three switches set in different configurations depending on what gear ratio you want and what transmission you have. It allows or disallows defueling depending on what you want. Kinda strange becasue you can turn off defueling for transmission slippage right from the attitude controller. I guess it is there for the trucks without the attitude controller. It comes from the factory set up for and auto with 3.73. You remove a couple allen screws from the end of the box to access the jumpers. I'll have to change mine when I get back home in three weeks. I'm anxious to see if it makes any difference in power that is noticeable.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by deere nut
Hoss,

Just to be clear. The 03 six speed trucks (mine has 4.10 also) with the edge juice/attitude need to have the jumpers switched around? I installed my juice in early septemeber and I havent thrown any codes and it runs great. I'm looking in the Edge site now for the jumper modifications. I don't see it anywhere yet so I am downloading the juice instructiuons - maybe it's in there.
If I understood then e-mail from Edge correctly then, yes, that is correct.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by deere nut
Ok, I found it in the instructions online. Basically these jumpers are three switches set in different configurations depending on what gear ratio you want and what transmission you have. It allows or disallows defueling depending on what you want. Kinda strange becasue you can turn off defueling for transmission slippage right from the attitude controller. I guess it is there for the trucks without the attitude controller. It comes from the factory set up for and auto with 3.73. You remove a couple allen screws from the end of the box to access the jumpers. I'll have to change mine when I get back home in three weeks. I'm anxious to see if it makes any difference in power that is noticeable.
Let me know what kind of difference it makes.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:48 AM

Changing the jumpers is well worth the mintue it takes. My slip readout was way out to lunch (like 5000%) and it wouldn't defuel when it slipped. Now that I set the jumpers it works excellent.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
This whole situation here doesn't pass the stink test for me!!! The Edge Juice w/Attitude has been out for over a year now (I think) and this is the first we are hearing about this???????? They cannot be that dumb over at Edge, that they would set these boxes up not considering all the combinations of trannys and rear ends. Did any of the beta testers know of this or venders who sell these boxes. I don't think so. I did a lot of research before I chose mine over the other brands. Something is not right here IMHO!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:02 PM

Hey partner....you saw it straight from the horse's mouth above. It sounds to me like their first versions of the Juice were designed for one specific configuration. For the later ones I guess they got smart and gave the end user the ability to configure the Juice for their truck.

The first versions out (for the 04.5 and 05 trucks) apparently have to be flashed if you aren't driving an auto with 3.73 gears. The later versions (for the 03-04 and eventually the 06) have the jumpers that let you change it without a flash. That's the way I understood it from Edge.

I bet if you do a search then you'll see that this isn't the first time this has been discussed.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
Don't doubt you one bit Hoss. I usually read most every post mentioning Edge Juice w/Attitude and have never seen or read anyting of the like. Just seems strange IMHO!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:49 PM

I agree that it seems strange that they wouldn't have allowed for that with the early models. I guess they just built it for the most popular configuration (auto with 3.73).
Old 11-16-2005, 11:14 AM

I know it has been discussed at least once before, post #5;

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=82108

Also you can see in the Edge instructions on page 16 the jumpers are there for the 305 hp beaters;

http://www.edgeproducts.com/pdf/inst...structions.pdf

Strangely enough on the 600 series instructions page 16 is blank, so I'm not quite sure on that one. Just an FYI for ya.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
I agree that it seems strange that they wouldn't have allowed for that with the early models. I guess they just built it for the most popular configuration (auto with 3.73).
I think they didn't know that they needed to have them set for each specific truck configuration (4.10/3.73 or man/auto.

FWIW Thanks to this thread, I spoke to Edge and my J/A is getting the reflash as we speak. Edge told me they were having false slip readings which causes the J/A backdown. Now we can't have that now can we?

On a side note they are doing the Hot Juice flash as well!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fixing to sell my HOT Juice/Attitude to a 05 6sp, he already talked to them about sending it in for reflash.

You do not need a manual to smoke somebody. I do it accidently all the time.