3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dynoed my truck today.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynoed my truck today.........

well, there was a free dyno day this morning at a performance shop about an hour south of me which is totally worth it considering the diesel performance shop wants $125 for 2 pulls. Well, we had to do it a few different times to figure out exactly how to dyno it b/c its an auto and the shop said they have done only a few diesels in the past. EDGE set a 5 and we tried a few different rolls and the best ive gotten was 330 RWHP / 737 RWTQ. There was definetly some wheel hop which my guess was probably my mud tires (which I cant stand anymore). Do those number seems right? O/D was turned on.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're luck you still have lugs on your tires. Those type of rollers are notorious for chewing up mud tires. That's probably what your "wheel hop" was from. IMO the numbers look a little low. That's only 60 rwhp more than then I dyno'd stock.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by 95ram
You're luck you still have lugs on your tires. Those type of rollers are notorious for chewing up mud tires. That's probably what your "wheel hop" was from. IMO the numbers look a little low. That's only 60 rwhp more than then I dyno'd stock.
I think the torque numbers looks good but the HP does look a little. Could it be the wheel hop? so Mud tires are horrible on the dyno? Just just regular all-terrain are fine?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Banned

i dont experience any wheel hop with my mud terrains. i have made 6 pulls with them on 2 different occasions. maybe the didnt have you straightened out and strapped down tight enough? when they place you on the rollers, did the pull her in gear and gently spin the rollers without being strapped on? that aligns the truck to the rollers.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
i dont experience any wheel hop with my mud terrains. i have made 6 pulls with them on 2 different occasions. maybe the didnt have you straightened out and strapped down tight enough? when they place you on the rollers, did the pull her in gear and gently spin the rollers without being strapped on? that aligns the truck to the rollers.
yea, it was not strapped properly b/c none of those things procedures were done. What are people dynoing with the same mods?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Banned

that explains your wheel hop, the truck was trying to drive straight, and the straps were trying to keep it at the same angle as when it was loaded on the rollers. lucky you didnt get enough traction/have enough power to hop off.

with just the exhaust, intake, and juice, you are comfortably around 400, 875. careful on that tranny.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:18 AM

I thought you were suppose to dyno with the OD off. That might give you false #'s.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 AM

really!?!?!?!?!?! I knew there was something wrong
Old 04-22-2007, 11:28 AM

i ran the dyno yesterday at bd .. i ran 451.4 hp and 1059 ft pound of tq (approx) with my mods

Gary
Old 04-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

good job swan.

viking, you'll want to dyno with od off, trans in 1:1 direct drive ratio(dont know which it is for the auto) and locked up on the convertor if you have a means of doing it. it is alittle trickier with an auto to correctly dyno.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
good job swan.

viking, you'll want to dyno with od off, trans in 1:1 direct drive ratio(dont know which it is for the auto) and locked up on the convertor if you have a means of doing it. it is alittle trickier with an auto to correctly dyno.
so what should my numbers be then with my current setup at EDGE level on 5 and the BHAF and 4" straight pipe
Old 04-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

around 375-400, and 850-875 I'd guess.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Last year at the NADP dyno day a truck just like yours, exact mods, ran a 421 HP. I dont remember the tq.

OD is fine as long as they run you from 50mph and up and it will stay in od. In my case I had to run in OD to get it to hook up. As for strapping that is the most important part of a dyno run, if you cant get the tires to hook up on the dyno you wont get hp showing up on the graph.

Oh and btw, when I was running a bd powerpup, stock exhaust, and K&N airfilter I ran 348 hp.

Kevin
Old 04-22-2007, 02:06 PM

BD yesterday on my basic stock truck 272.1 HP 635.1 TQ. The TQ doesn't seem right? Any idea why? That's it can't take it anymore smarty on order!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 95ram
When I was on a mustang dyno it chewed my tire up real bad,couldn't keep them from spinning. When you walked back into the room you could smell the rubber burning. Also I think alot of your numbers has to do with the way they have the dyno set up. Also I didn't think you were suppose to pull in overdrive neither due to false numbers. I know they custed mine every time it shifted into overdrive.

Quick Reply: Dynoed my truck today.........