3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dyno vid from todays dyno session "614WHP on HE351" fuel only

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno vid from todays dyno session "614WHP on HE351" fuel only

Well today i didn't have any dyno appointments so i threw my truck on the rollers at the shop. I must say the new Smarty TNT-R software is great! The power curve is so smooth and broad and driveability is GREAT! I'm very surprised with what im getting out of the stock sticks, cp3 and the HE351 to be honest.... But then again i been tuning gas engines for over 17 years so im not as familiar with the diesels... I have been having a ball learning them though!!

BTW for reference this dyno reads about 260-280whp area on a STOCK 05 Cummins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh4SIDXz0ik
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sweet!!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 PM

You posted this for feedback...

I'd be interested to know the transmission gear, dyno and % load used to make this run. I have a lot of experience calibrating these engines and the RWHP number seems high, very high for stock components.

500 RWHP is easy to obtain on a Smarty alone, but you'll run out of air pretty quick. So I can't imagine a Smarty stacked with the MP8 really being able to obtain anything more than 550 RWHP. I'm assuming due to all the stock components listed that a stock cam and valve springs were used meaning the engine was kept below 3600 rpm for the pull.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by RD TRCTR
You posted this for feedback...

I'd be interested to know the transmission gear, dyno and % load used to make this run. I have a lot of experience calibrating these engines and the RWHP number seems high, very high for stock components.

500 RWHP is easy to obtain on a Smarty alone, but you'll run out of air pretty quick. So I can't imagine a Smarty stacked with the MP8 really being able to obtain anything more than 550 RWHP. I'm assuming due to all the stock components listed that a stock cam and valve springs were used meaning the engine was kept below 3600 rpm for the pull.
There is a 5 page thread on cummins forums... All the answers are there as it was doubted at first there as well. It's not an everyday thing you see.. I understand that. So of course i expected people to be skeptic of it as i would have been a little myself without knowing the person etc.... Although i do tune gas cars for a living im somewhat new to the diesel side of things so i wont act like i know it all... Was just sharing my experience.

And yes this tune is very hot its not a good towing tune etc which im sure is obvious to anyone with any real knowledge with these trucks and tuning in general. BTW with correction the peak # was 590WHP.... So actually not far off from what you think it should be at.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 PM

That's awesome....