3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DVD player/LCD screens?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD player/LCD screens?

I'm looking for some ideas along the lines of where you guys have installed the screens (headrests, roof?) and players and what kind you went with? I haven't seen many trucks with DVD players so post up. Anything else let me know. Pics would be great. Thank you.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ne14jpn
I'm looking for some ideas along the lines of where you guys have installed the screens (headrests, roof?) and players and what kind you went with? I haven't seen many trucks with DVD players so post up. Anything else let me know. Pics would be great. Thank you.
I just had an 06 H3 Hummer, 15K miles with them installed in the head rests. They were only 6 months old and both were broken. I would get portables or a laptop, and stay away from the temptation to "keep up with the Jones". In 6 months you'll have outdated DVD players that won't work and are out of warranty.

Just my $.02 worth.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:13 PM

i have a 2006 dodge mega cab.....with a in dash dvd player..and a new head line dvd player on the roof....they are both alpine....the in dash is called a personal alpine.and the one in the roof is a 11.5inch screen it is a alpine also..i have a sunroof also...some places wont do it if you have a sunroof..i dont no why....but they are awsomwe man..do it...you can play x box or hook up play staytion to them...or the people in the back can watch a diffrent dvd then the people in the front.....im even thinking about getting two 7inch screen put in the back of the head rests...i do alot of traveling...i motorcross all over canada with 6 other men so its nice to have a hockey tournament in a dodge truck...i would do it man..lots of fun...
Old 10-26-2006, 09:39 PM

Toxic- Thanks for the reply. I travel alot to due to rock crawling and carry my team with me- 3 other guys. I am interested in the 11.5in you got mounted from the roof. Any pics or additional info?? Where did you mount the player etc?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM

Heres what i did with mine. It's a rearview mirror screen and I mounted my DVD player under the middle seat in the cubby hole.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 PM

The Alpine That Is In The Dash Comes With A Plug And Play Modium...i Just Put It Under The Drives Seat And The Sony Playstation Fits Good There To...the One On The Roof Is Right Behind The Sunroof And You Can Plug The Sony Right In To It To...just Go To Your Local Electronic Store And Ask For The Roof Mount Alpine Dvd And The Personial In Dash Dvd Player....make Sure When They Mount You Roof Dvd Play They Put A Support Plate In There....then Can Do That By Taking Out The Roof Light And Go From There...
Old 10-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

I Would like to see pics!! I have sun-roof and want to see how a dvd player would look!!

Shane
Old 10-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the help again guys. I decided to go with an Alpine PKG-RSE2 mounted from the roof. Simple and effective. Should be in the truck in the next few weeks. I'll post up some pics and my impression.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=PKG-RSE2
Old 10-28-2006, 05:08 AM

Kenwood Excelon system mounted in dash. Look at my pics there is one of the unit installed.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:23 AM

I had a Panasonic in-dash dvd player in my dash until some kind individual broke in & permanently borrowed it. Professional job. He had some type of scanner that could disable my alarm. I was in the front row of a country club when it happened!
Old 10-28-2006, 12:38 PM

[QUOTE][He had some type of scanner that could disable my alarm./QUOTE]

You might not want to go back to the same shop to get a new one installed, may want a new alarm also. We had a shop up here where the guys used to program an extra remote when they installed alarms, a month or two later the gear would get stolen.