3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dumby Needs help with Smarty options

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dumby Needs help with Smarty options

Hey guys my Dad just picked up this 03 Ram off the member "AKRAM". It has alot of work Like a Helix II cam, Stage 2 CP3, Flux 1 Injectors, BD Rad, and BD Towing twins and of course the head/stud work to go with it.

It came with a Smarty "SR" i guess it's called....It has BETA On it now i think Brian Said.....he gave us a CD with 4.11 on it I believe and he said it was a tad too smokey for him so he put Beta back in.

The problem is him showing us everything else on the truck we kinda forgot what he said about the smarty.... may have those backwards as to which is more smokey/powerful than the other.....

My dad runs it on #3 for fuel mileage and Brian ran it on #7 but #7 is WAYYYY too touchy for daily driving.

If we were to go Racing or felt like having fun What is the most aggressive smarty program between all of them that we can download on, And between what we have now which is most aggressive between Beta and 4.11?

Thanks for all the help, Anyone who wants to explain the Ins/outs or LInk me to a bunch of info on the Smarty.....that'd be great as i'm still consfused about the softwares and what not.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Because of the upgrades, I'm not sure what setting to run but here is a link to Mads site to help a little
http://www.madselectronics.com/Smarty06.html

I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you plug the Smarty into the truck, it will display which program it has installed, it reads off pretty fast so be ready with pen and paper.

You can check which 411 programs are on the disc through your pc, it may have multiple beta's also (4.2, 4.3, 4.4)

If I am not mistaken AKRAM,s Smarty was an S-04, just like mine, and he also liked the 411 tunes vs the betas, for his 03.

The 411 tune dynoed(on my truck) within 13 hp of the 4.2 beta, and much better driving manners, and not near as hot or smokey as the betas.

The 411 tunes on the S-04 are setup differently than the S-06 programs, in other words, the program line was different. Once you figure out which softwares you have, post them up, and I can decipher for you. Not off the top of my head completely, but I do have them written down at home.

Congrats on the truck, AKRAM did alot of improvements/upgrades to that rig.

Jess
Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok I'll let you know I'm pretty sure it's an SO4 now that you say it I think he said something about it......I was under the impression figuring it was an S06 and that's what i've been looking everyting up for all day ! lol.

Glad to see you know AKRAM....I didn't think he was a frequent poster over here...Brians a nice knowledgable guy for sure.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crossy's son
Ok I'll let you know I'm pretty sure it's an SO4 now that you say it I think he said something about it......I was under the impression figuring it was an S06 and that's what i've been looking everyting up for all day ! lol.

Glad to see you know AKRAM....I didn't think he was a frequent poster over here...Brians a nice knowledgable guy for sure.
Never met the man, just followed alot of his posts. He contributes loads of info to these forums. I followed his "mystery switch"(cummins forum) thread several years ago, worked like a dream.