3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Due To Continuous Backorder!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL!

Well the comedy of errors continues!

The local vendor that I ordered the Rancho Shocks from, 4 wheel parts wholesalers, would not let me use my company credit card and have the shocks delivered to my home. It seems that you have to ship to the address that your card is listed at. If I were to order and pick up the shocks at the local store I'd be charged an additional fee for them to ship the shocks from their Hayward warehouse to the local store.

So, in one last futile effort, I checked the vendors listed in this thread as to the availability of the Bilstein's and, again, you guessed it, backordered!

I would 'nt be making such a big deal out of this but this is my second month of trying to get shocks for this thing.

Here I sit still shockless in Sacramento

Rick
Old 02-23-2006, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by runamuk
LOL!

Well the comedy of errors continues!

The local vendor that I ordered the Rancho Shocks from, 4 wheel parts wholesalers, would not let me use my company credit card and have the shocks delivered to my home. It seems that you have to ship to the address that your card is listed at. If I were to order and pick up the shocks at the local store I'd be charged an additional fee for them to ship the shocks from their Hayward warehouse to the local store.

So, in one last futile effort, I checked the vendors listed in this thread as to the availability of the Bilstein's and, again, you guessed it, backordered!

I would 'nt be making such a big deal out of this but this is my second month of trying to get shocks for this thing.

Rick

I got mine through 4 wheel parts too......and they just had them in stock in the store. But if they don't have them at the moment, I doubt it would take long to get them. Maybe a week, right? And you would have to pay to have them shipped to your house, so what's the difference if you pay to have them shipped to your local store? You shouldn't have to pay anymore anyway....they should be getting them in soon. Surely they keep these in stock regularly at the store.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm shocked!

DT<*)))><
Old 02-23-2006, 06:50 PM

LOL!

Rick
Runamuk....that sucks! Can you dig that rhyme?

Did you already try Off Road Warehouse (ORW)? I'd really like to see you with some Bilsteins' so I'm going to search around on the net a little bit, but try these guys if you haven't already for starters.
National Tire & Wheel
Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by DirtEater
Runamuk....that sucks! Can you dig that rhyme?

Did you already try Off Road Warehouse (ORW)? I'd really like to see you with some Bilsteins' so I'm going to search around on the net a little bit, but try these guys if you haven't already for starters.
National Tire & Wheel

The Bilsteins are worth waiting a couple weeks for. I have them on both my 01's and am about ready to order for my 03
{one of my 01's are 2 wheel drive}
Old 02-23-2006, 09:53 PM

I have shocks and a new steering stabelizer!!!!!

Just as I was ranting about being shock less my buds at Central 4 wheel drive called! Yes they called me!!! I had told them over a month ago to call when they had a full set of RS 9000 shocks in stock for my 05 3500 4x4!(This is what customer service is all about!!!)

Wow! Talk about timing, just as I was about to give up and deal with the crappy stock shocks, Central 4 wheel drive came through for me and matched their competitors price to boot!!! I'm so happy I could cry!!! (not really) LOL!

They even gave me a break on the price when I told them this whole story!!!
("You sound like you've been screwed Dude!")

I even got my truck weighed for free, (just for my own info), at their location on Auburn Blvd (6950lbs) without me in it. I could, (finally), not be happier!!

I called up my boys ages 16 and 14 1/2 and they came over and installed everything to dads specs in about an hour!

All done!!! Softer ride + adjustable to fit my needs at the turn of a switch!

Fronts on 7 rears on 5.

Rick
Old 02-24-2006, 05:22 AM

Congratulations Rick! Hope you enjoy them. Keep me informed how they are holding up, as I just put the same ones on my truck last weekend.

Your truck is a lightweight though at 6950lbs. Mine has to be over 8000 now, but I haven't weighed it with the RH and winch etc on it.

Tell me more about your steering stabilzer please? I don't know much about them and I didn't replace mine when i got the shocks. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:04 AM

The steering stabelizer is just about 1 1/2 times the diameter of the stock unit with twice the resistance . Its good for up to 35" tires. Pretty simple installation once you get the original off. After pounding on it with a 2 lb sledge to no avail I used an air chisel to vibrate the original out of the tie rod.

I did'nt have a problem with the stock stabelizer I just wanted to make sure that I would'nt.

Rick
Old 02-24-2006, 03:07 PM

Did you use Rancho for that too? Model number? Cost? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:51 PM

Rancho RS 5412 list price $76.65 my price $44.91.

Rick
Old 02-24-2006, 03:52 PM

There is a company Orange County Customs in Anaheim, CA that has the Procomp Dirt Logic 2.25 with over flow resevoirs. They are fully adjustable nitrogen shocks and I absolutely love them. The are a little pricey, but well worth the money. Also the Bilstein overflow shocks are great as well you just have to add nitrogen to them to get them firm enough for the weight of the front end. I would highly recommend either of these. the Dirt Logic 2.25 use a 7/8 shaft on a 2.25" cyclinder. I have never had a nicer riding vehicle in my life and I have built my fair share of 4x4, trail truck, tow rigs, and dune trucks. I would definitely put these on my next truck as well. And they are regurlarly ready to ship same day...

That is my $.10
Old 02-25-2006, 03:24 AM

Rancho RS 5412 list price $76.65 my price $44.91.

Rick

Thank you sir!