3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dual CP3s

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual CP3s

I have a few questions about the Dual CP3's.

1) From what I've read the choices are: PPE, ATS, Floor It. Is that right and are their others??

2) A few recent threads indicate that this mod must be good for 150hp to 200hp!! Is that REALLY right? Am I missing something or are these guys not putting up what they really have on their trucks.

I'm not trying to mess with anyone here,... just a couple simple questions and I want to know if that mod is worth that kind of power upgrade.

Sidebar issue. I heard from a couple people that you don't want to run the dual cp3s with upgraded cp3s as the trucks won't idle right? Is that accurate? That sounds much like what I've heard Relentless tout in the past,... volume and not pressure to get you there.

Thoughts or info?????????

Last edited by OT-OF-Here; 02-02-2007 at 06:21 AM. Reason: SP
Old 02-02-2007, 07:07 AM
DTR Advertiser

Right now there are 2 kits available PPE & ATS. John at Floor It is working on a kit and Nathen Wright is also I believe. I gained 67hp with the same size injectors and fueling boxes. It will only add power if your rail is below 20k at wot. I dont know how much the cp3s can add I need to get bigger injectors now. As of yet I see no reason to run modded pumps, I want to keep the factory reliability and quietness of stock cp3s. My rail press goes up at wot with tst ,crazy larry and flux 4s all on, it is above 24k. Tim
Old 02-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With my newly added TST R49AP, I can bump up rail pressure at the touch of a button. On Level 1 (there are 9 levels) I am seeing@ 24K PSI, with a spike of up to 26K, but mainly between 20-24K PSI on Level 1. Have not tried Levels 2-9. That alone I am seeing some serious fuel down low, making some serious power down there as well. I would run the R49AP, play with it, and then you can upgrade if you need more fuel.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:12 AM

That's good info

Originally Posted by Timinva
Right now there are 2 kits available PPE & ATS. John at Floor It is working on a kit and Nathen Wright is also I believe. I gained 67hp with the same size injectors and fueling boxes. It will only add power if your rail is below 20k at wot. I dont know how much the cp3s can add I need to get bigger injectors now. As of yet I see no reason to run modded pumps, I want to keep the factory reliability and quietness of stock cp3s. My rail press goes up at wot with tst ,crazy larry and flux 4s all on, it is above 24k. Tim
Tim tks for the info and it would appear through your testing that if I go that way then I should sell my lvl 2 CP3 and stick with stockers. Your data is consistent with Chris from Relentless too. Good deal,... I like confirmation.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 AM

SSminnow

Originally Posted by SSminnow
With my newly added TST R49AP, I can bump up rail pressure at the touch of a button. On Level 1 (there are 9 levels) I am seeing@ 24K PSI, with a spike of up to 26K, but mainly between 20-24K PSI on Level 1. Have not tried Levels 2-9. That alone I am seeing some serious fuel down low, making some serious power down there as well. I would run the R49AP, play with it, and then you can upgrade if you need more fuel.
I have the R49 with user adj timing and turbo cool down feature,.. do you know if mine is upgradeable to the R49AP? Is that the new one with the built in pressure box-like feature? I recall a thread a few months back that Ind Injection was commenting on meeting with some Bosch techy's and they told II that most inj failures were caused by spikes. Guess you need to be careful with that until you figure out what levels you want to run, fyi.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

It looks like here real soon I will be running a couple of modded pumps from Floor It. John has been under the weather but when he gets back up and running I feel we will see some nice numbers.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was wondering why John is mia. thanks for the heads up
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 AM

Question

Originally Posted by Sloverado
It looks like here real soon I will be running a couple of modded pumps from Floor It. John has been under the weather but when he gets back up and running I feel we will see some nice numbers.
I had heard of this on a post Luken made. I sent John a PM but obviously he's not feeling good yet. What is the cost? Installation? Are you going with modded pumps or stock pumps? Have you seen the kit and is it of the quality of ATs & PPE?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

I haven't seen Floor It's kit yet as he is not all done with it. I will be running dual modded cp3's. I know John and his quality will be top notch. Very high detail in his work.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
I have a few questions about the Dual CP3's.

1) From what I've read the choices are: PPE, ATS, Floor It. Is that right and are their others??

2) A few recent threads indicate that this mod must be good for 150hp to 200hp!! Is that REALLY right? Am I missing something or are these guys not putting up what they really have on their trucks.

I'm not trying to mess with anyone here,... just a couple simple questions and I want to know if that mod is worth that kind of power upgrade.

Sidebar issue. I heard from a couple people that you don't want to run the dual cp3s with upgraded cp3s as the trucks won't idle right? Is that accurate? That sounds much like what I've heard Relentless tout in the past,... volume and not pressure to get you there.

Thoughts or info?????????
If you sell yours let me know...
Old 02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
DTR Advertiser

I agree John does top notch work. I have sold alot of his pumps. I am just not the most patient person on waiting for his dual cp3 kit. That being said I am very impressed with the ppe kit for fit and function. I also think modded cp3s are overkill and will not add any hp over 2 stock ones. I have fuel galore but getting enough air is hard. I have a cam and port work but am looking for more air. Ever seen a silver bullet glow red at full boost? Tim
Old 02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

I haven't but it seems like you need a big brother to help you.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:26 PM

Ok this is how I understand it from talking to John at Floor It. The cp3 - modded or duels or whatever - is kind of like exhaust and intake. They don't, in and of themselves, make more power. They ALLOW the power. They will supply whatever fueling mods you have are calling for. The reason people see the power gain is because their previous cp3 set up could not provide the amount of fuel being called for. So to say they add 200hp is not accurate. It depends on how much fuel you are currently short. One truck mught see 150hp and another only see 50hp.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 PM
DTR Advertiser

That is correct. I went from a stage 2 cp3 to dual stock pumps and gained 67hp no other changes to fueling. It would of in fact been more but had some intial problems on the dyno. Tim
Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
I have the R49 with user adj timing and turbo cool down feature,.. do you know if mine is upgradeable to the R49AP? Is that the new one with the built in pressure box-like feature? I recall a thread a few months back that Ind Injection was commenting on meeting with some Bosch techy's and they told II that most inj failures were caused by spikes. Guess you need to be careful with that until you figure out what levels you want to run, fyi.

Not sure if yours is upgradeable or not, you would need to check with TST or start a thread on it. But yes, mine has the ability to raise the rail pressure (9 different levels). Right now, I figure with a stock turbo and stock injectors, Level 1 is plenty of fuel pressure (20-24K PSI). Once I upgrade the clutch, then turbo and injectors I will play with the 2-9 Levels on the Rail Pressure, as I currently see no point in needing anymore than Level 1.

Quick Reply: Dual CP3s