3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dual CP3 or Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual CP3 or Stage 3

I am on the fence about getting duals or a stage 3. I was told by a reputable Injector maker that forget the stage 3 and go duals, even with moderate injector sizes. They were a little harsh on the stage 3 pump. (don't shoot me that is what they said) It sure seems like guys have good results on a stage 3's.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 PM

I too am curious!! stage 3 is alot of pump!! I don't see it pulling down to low even with moderate injectors.. Could be wrong though
Old 07-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Banned

There is a difference in Stage 3 pumps. Floor Its is the only real Stage 3. I have seen a couple of trucks run a Flux 5 stick and it still keeps up. If I did have 2 stage 2's on my truck I would of just got a stage 3.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:43 AM

I just installed one of Floor It Diesel Stage 3 pumps and it is fantastic! At some point dual pumps are going to surpass even the best single but I am betting the are going to need to be in the high end of the mega HP club at least.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetpilot
I just installed one of Floor It Diesel Stage 3 pumps and it is fantastic! At some point dual pumps are going to surpass even the best single but I am betting the are going to need to be in the high end of the mega HP club at least.
What he said...

While duals will give more "instant" response and never "dip" the Floor it stage 3 recovers fast and keeps up. It is almost to the point of personal choice. The crossover point (of when duals are required), of course entirely dependent on the individual truck and its particular mods, is going to be around upper 800's to 900 hp in my experience with it so far. For me it keeps up with flux 3's, smarty tnt/r on sw9 and tst up to level 5 and full pressure and after the intial dip and recovery will stay at 26.5-27k the whole 1/4 mile and beyond.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 AM

I talked to John this morning, he said these Sag 3 pumps are gitin better and better. I for one went with the stg3 cuz I know i can run the bigger stick and never worry about street performance like some do with big duals. But i can honestly say that this pump with the stix i have have put me more to the top of the game, I have out pulled some bad dual pump truck this year on the track.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 AM

Street performance with duals?

I have exceptional street performance by duals....that far exceeds any single pump.

rant off...

No rip on a modded single....and John / Floor It makes the best...but duals win every time. Down falls are only cost and space...and maybe rule violations for those comp guys.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Street performance with duals?

I have exceptional street performance by duals....that far exceeds any single pump.

rant off...

No rip on a modded single....and John / Floor It makes the best...but duals win every time. Down falls are only cost and space...and maybe rule violations for those comp guys.
I hear ya, im not trying to rip on duals, i have heard from guys running them with the bigger set up say they just arn't fro daily drivin. I wouldnt know, i like the singles.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by coreydr2003
I hear ya, im not trying to rip on duals, i have heard from guys running them with the bigger set up say they just arn't fro daily drivin. I wouldnt know, i like the singles.
I think those are guys running 2 modded pumps or stock and a modded pump, running 2 stockers from what Ive seen is like running a single stocker
Old 07-03-2008, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do dual pumps run one through the other in series or are they parallel as in both pumps feeding the rail through separate inlets?

I wonder if a guy couldn't build a high pressure tank reservoir kind of like a pressure tank on a home with a water well that will give your pump an extra second of extended pressure to reduce the rail pressure dip when full fuel is demanded but the pump output is not yet at peak production.

I guess what I'm really thinking is maybe the dual pumps have more total displacement of high pressure hose/tubing and thus experience less dip partially because of displacement and partially because of two pumpers.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:57 PM

If you are not runnig a class that outlaws duals then get dual pumps. FI Stage 3 is the shiznit, will run Flux 5's at 26,000psi plus without a pressure box but dual pumps will still out do it some.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:38 AM

I decided to get II's duals. Even if I wanted a stage 3 from John it takes to long, even with a good connection. I am working with a 3 week lead time and a long drive to my guys shop, so I need to know for sure the pump will be there ready to go in.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:46 AM

What are you Boy's gonna do, when you have to put your trucks through emmisions?

The democrats have taken over washington state, it's only a matter of time, till they get to you!
Old 07-04-2008, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by JJPage
What are you Boy's gonna do, when you have to put your trucks through emmisions?

The democrats have taken over washington state, it's only a matter of time, till they get to you!

Oh nooo the worlds coming to an end!!! You gotta be kidding me do us all a favor and go back to a political forum and spill your bs there!
Old 07-04-2008, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by JJPage

NO TREE HUGGIN" HIPPIES ALLOWED

Quick Reply: Dual CP3 or Stage 3