3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dual CP3 PPE or Industrial Injection need help must order tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Sorry I'll shut up now. Merry Christmas Pourin Diesel and everybody on this forum with a Chevy or Dodge Diesel!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 01:41 PM

Good call Justin!! Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-25-2006, 07:59 PM

Jd,
Are You Scared? How About 12's?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lit up
Jd,
Are You Scared? How About 12's?
Scared of what, I don't like the II twins it is just my feelings so what, obviously you do and that is fine with me.

I am going to do twins eventually and my choice will be Wide Open setup from a builder in Oregon I believe, I don't know if anyone knows who I am speaking of but I don't really like to drop names unless I personally know the person. I have alot of trust in Wide Open and there work in my opinion is above all.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:55 PM

Maybe it is just an Auto thing or maybe it is my heavy foot but my truck smokes when it has 3 times the fueling of stock and about twice the air. I'm sure I'm short of air. This said.....the injector bodies I've been running for the last 6 months have been absolute antique crap that I I swapped in for my mint stock injectors. Maybe with the two sets of mint injectors that Don M has supplied me with and some fresh turbos....I'll be able to make my 1000hp on Diesel and water and have no smoke on the way to the Quickie Mart to get a Slherpie from Abu. As far as a Dmax being streetable with duals ....no problem with 2 big alumimun nostrils running 250 degrees cooler than my big hunk of cast Iron. I put over 15,000 miles of grocery getting on my super cp3.4 and destroyed every vehicle I raced on the street with and did over 50 boosted launches at the track and I had not a problem other than a blown head gasket, a fricked valve train, a broken intermediate shaft and a handful of blown injectors....pump worked great All part of the lurnin kurve. Hope ya learn from it. ks
Old 12-27-2006, 03:47 AM

The programing, and or boxes controls the tuning. A bigger or a second CP3 just makes sure the injectors get all the fuel they should. The injectors are controled by the ECM not the pumps. It is a different way of thinking. CR diesel is more like EFI gas then mechincal pump diesel.

Originally Posted by abc4yew
Maybe it is just an Auto thing or maybe it is my heavy foot but my truck smokes when it has 3 times the fueling of stock and about twice the air. I'm sure I'm short of air. This said.....the injector bodies I've been running for the last 6 months have been absolute antique crap that I I swapped in for my mint stock injectors. Maybe with the two sets of mint injectors that Don M has supplied me with and some fresh turbos....I'll be able to make my 1000hp on Diesel and water and have no smoke on the way to the Quickie Mart to get a Slherpie from Abu. As far as a Dmax being streetable with duals ....no problem with 2 big alumimun nostrils running 250 degrees cooler than my big hunk of cast Iron. I put over 15,000 miles of grocery getting on my super cp3.4 and destroyed every vehicle I raced on the street with and did over 50 boosted launches at the track and I had not a problem other than a blown head gasket, a fricked valve train, a broken intermediate shaft and a handful of blown injectors....pump worked great All part of the lurnin kurve. Hope ya learn from it. ks
Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

Hey, I just wanted to come in and apologize for my language the other day on this thread...it was 100% uncalled for...I lost my cool and there is no excuse. Hope ya'll have a Happy New Year

Derek
Old 12-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Banned

Everyone has there own flavor and that what makes this whole process fun, also I would like to say that II is a great outfit and I love the majority of there products. I am neighbors with a couple of the II guys and they are great people.

JD
Old 12-27-2006, 01:57 PM

The only box that directly controls the injectors is the TST. All other programers or "boxes" control how the ECM looks after the injectors either by providing an alternate ecm program or altering the sensor inputs to the ecm. With my set up the ECM requests 22k and gets well over 27k and until the turbo catches up in a second or two.....black smoke. No biggy. The ECM controls the the fuel supply that is metered out by two things the FCA and the injectors. The FCA determines how much fuel supply in both pressure and volume gets to the rail. The injectors don't have a clue how much fuel is going to be injected. They are only instructed to open at a certain time for a certain duration a number of times during each cylinder combustion event. If you have two pumps the pressure will stay up all the time that is a given. If your Pump(s) can deliver over 200% volume at a given pressure then you will have more fuel than the ecm knows about. With my pump and most "boxes" the overhead which is reading fuel delivery by injector duration and fuel tank level will be way higher than actual. With a Dmax you don't have to fool the ecm as much as with a Cummins so you are able to get an infinite # of tunes. With the Cummins you only get a limited number of tunes and then you stack to be able to affect fueling in different ways. The Dmax is tunable the Cummins is modifiable. My point is that it is pretty difficult to get a Cummins to operate at 750hp and not smoke in city driving especially with an auto. NO Biggy. My buddy has a Bully Dog stack and he swears his truck doesn't smoke.....I've followed him and trust me it smokes everytime he starts off or accelerates and he has the stock turbo. I think his mirrors are turned way to the side to check out the talent on the sidewalks. Well he did smoke.....now he's on the rack with a couple of melted pistons.....Now that's a buddy....he's willing to melt his pistons just to be empathetic. ks
Old 12-27-2006, 02:01 PM

Juice controls the "injectors" too...

Do your homework abc! hahahahaha Just joshing ya a little.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
The only box that directly controls the injectors is the TST. All other programers or "boxes" control how the ECM looks after the injectors either by providing an alternate ecm program or altering the sensor inputs to the ecm. With my set up the ECM requests 22k and gets well over 27k and until the turbo catches up in a second or two.....black smoke. No biggy. The ECM controls the the fuel supply that is metered out by two things the FCA and the injectors. The FCA determines how much fuel supply in both pressure and volume gets to the rail. The injectors don't have a clue how much fuel is going to be injected. They are only instructed to open at a certain time for a certain duration a number of times during each cylinder combustion event. If you have two pumps the pressure will stay up all the time that is a given. If your Pump(s) can deliver over 200% volume at a given pressure then you will have more fuel than the ecm knows about. With my pump and most "boxes" the overhead which is reading fuel delivery by injector duration and fuel tank level will be way higher than actual. With a Dmax you don't have to fool the ecm as much as with a Cummins so you are able to get an infinite # of tunes. With the Cummins you only get a limited number of tunes and then you stack to be able to affect fueling in different ways. The Dmax is tunable the Cummins is modifiable. My point is that it is pretty difficult to get a Cummins to operate at 750hp and not smoke in city driving especially with an auto. NO Biggy. My buddy has a Bully Dog stack and he swears his truck doesn't smoke.....I've followed him and trust me it smokes everytime he starts off or accelerates and he has the stock turbo. I think his mirrors are turned way to the side to check out the talent on the sidewalks. Well he did smoke.....now he's on the rack with a couple of melted pistons.....Now that's a buddy....he's willing to melt his pistons just to be empathetic. ks

Ah Ha. Ok I forgot about the pressure box thing. I am so used to actually to programing my pressure that I forgot the other half still used those things. Are programing works the same way. Injector is commanded to stay open for a amount of time in mirco seconds. With a single pump on a Dmax it is a balancing act of pulse width and rail pressure. With two pumps you get more fuel because you get what you command. I do understand what your saying about the higher pressures. My truck just had its first engine trouble. My fuel rail pressure regulator stuck shut. Fuel pressure at idle should be around 4000 it was 12000. Rattles like a freaking 12v. Why because I am getting to much fuel.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

What's up JohnBoy6.6 good to hear it coming from a chevy man. Sounds like you need a PPE Fuel Rail. 13.3 that's pretty good for a handshaker. I hope to hit 12's. Now that I have my DualFueler and Injectors I think I'll get their. Happy New Year.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:33 PM

The PPE dual CP3 kit is the same exact setup as the Industrial Injection CP3 kit. I think some may know this already but PPE is infact the maker of the Industrial Injection kit.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trefling
The PPE dual CP3 kit is the same exact setup as the Industrial Injection CP3 kit. I think some may know this already but PPE is infact the maker of the Industrial Injection kit.
That wouldn't be the first (or last) product relabeled and resold by II. Whenever possible I try to buy from the guys who actually design and manufacture the products.