3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dual CP3 PPE or Industrial Injection need help must order tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure you could pull with your mods. There are plenty of pulls that you could go to in California.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Banned

Sweet I would like to try it sometime
Old 12-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

Dont be knocking a big single. There's many comp guys that have gone from twins back to a single. Many slead pullers and drag guys have better results with singles for the consistancy and ease of operation. Most of the D-max guys run singles on their daily driven 600-700hp trucks. Big singles usually put down more HP at the dyno's as well.

Spool up isnt a issue while drag racing since you build 20psi at the line.

Twins are also still laggy on the street, dont expect a set of twins to spool like stock and ive heard the ATS twins spool slower then a sps62 but not as slow as a sps66. I wonder if ATS 3k-5K spools the same as a Silverbullet????

Yes this argument has been going on for years and I really dont want to get into it right now, this is just mainly for eye's of someone who already doesnt know and thinks that he needs to spend $5K on a set of twins.

I as well as many other havent been too impressed with the twins avaiable for 3rd gens.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Banned

Wow whos knocking a big single. Up untill yesterday I had a silver bullet 66 ordered. Today I called up my mechanic and told him order me a Silver Bullet 62 and a K-31 for the bottom. I think my twin setup will be the fastest best out there. Go INDUSTRIAL INJECTION.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:54 PM
chw

beast go with the ppe duals...because i am oh yeah and i talked to my mechanic and he told me today that don can make injectors to specially fit our setups and as long as the cp3 and rail can keep up you can make your injectors big as you want and it will still be a daily driver easily. don seems to think the duals are the way to go and if he says they are then you better believe it! ohhhh and go with the street twins from peirs they rock and will make more power then a silver bullet
Old 12-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info . I will tell my parts guy to tell the person making my injectors that I have the works. I was hoping to go with a 200hp rated which from what I understand that is dons biggest injector so far.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:27 PM

To me a daily driver is a truck that doesn't belch tons of black smoke even with all the boxes off. With flux 3's and dual cp3's and big turbos you will smoke until the boost hits 4psi on a roll off. If you commute everyday and belch smoke over everyone....some envirofreak is gonna key your ride at the mall. I don't think you can make over 600hp and not have tons of smoke without nitrous. With the super CP3 and the stock turbo and the TST set to 38psi.... I could run all day with very little smoke. 0 to 40psi was about .5 seconds and without the tst defueling the turbo would be going through the hood. Within a year the truck belching black smoke will be pulled over and ticketed every day of the week. I hope someone comes up with a new turbo system to help us get to where we need to be. I'm gonna start working on it in January....gotta start thinking way outside the box. I want power and don't need the hassles of smoke for daily driving. ks
Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 PM

That must be an auto thing. I can drive around town with no smoke even with the TST on 5/3 if I am easy on the throttle. Now if I nail it then black smoke galore, but not if I baby it which is normal around town. If I shut the TST off then I can drive pretty agressively without smoke.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Banned

Yeah what is he talking about. Im going to have twin turbos and everything else you can think of except head work. Im not worried about smoking out anyone. Yes D.Wiggs that is an auto thing my buddy complains about it all the time.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
To me a daily driver is a truck that doesn't belch tons of black smoke even with all the boxes off. With flux 3's and dual cp3's and big turbos you will smoke until the boost hits 4psi on a roll off. If you commute everyday and belch smoke over everyone....some envirofreak is gonna key your ride at the mall. I don't think you can make over 600hp and not have tons of smoke without nitrous. With the super CP3 and the stock turbo and the TST set to 38psi.... I could run all day with very little smoke. 0 to 40psi was about .5 seconds and without the tst defueling the turbo would be going through the hood. Within a year the truck belching black smoke will be pulled over and ticketed every day of the week. I hope someone comes up with a new turbo system to help us get to where we need to be. I'm gonna start working on it in January....gotta start thinking way outside the box. I want power and don't need the hassles of smoke for daily driving. ks
ks, At WOT with the cp3.4 no pressure box, smarty on level 5 and tst on 2/2 Is there anyway possible I can keep my rail pressure within the ECM requesting pressures In other words " Enjoy WOT without excessive Rail pressure?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
As of right now, I made 523 hp first time on the dyno (other guys at the event complained of low #'s due to light load on rollers) at the Norcal dyno day. TST 6/4, bullet and II pump, very very little smoke and when spooled up none at all. With a better fuel pump (glacier 392 on the way to replace the Fass 95) and a mild pressure box (sp also on the way) I'm looking to be in the 600 range without nitrous or tons of smoke. We'll see what happens.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:03 PM

I am right under 600hp on the dyno with no smoke daily driving (NONE!)
Old 12-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

Yeah my brother just got his fully loaded duramax back with DDP 90hp sticks and no smoke. Its because he has his truck set up right. For every fuel additive thres a air upgrade buy them all evenly and your truck will run right. By a bunch of fuel upgrades and not enough air upgrades you will have smoke. My truck will be ready in 10 days and it will not smoke alot because it will run right even though I went with big upgrades.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBeast
Yeah my brother just got his fully loaded duramax back with DDP 90hp sticks and no smoke. Its because he has his truck set up right. For every fuel additive thres a air upgrade buy them all evenly and your truck will run right. By a bunch of fuel upgrades and not enough air upgrades you will have smoke. My truck will be ready in 10 days and it will not smoke alot because it will run right even though I went with big upgrades.
Aren't you worried that your clutch isn't going to hold? I see you only got the 3600 instead of the 3850 or 4200.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Banned

Yeah I was talking about that to my brother today. He just got his dual fueler for his DMAX in the mail. Im excited to drive his truck. Drove it today and its the fastest truck I have ever driven. My clutch Im going to try to sell to my buddy so I can get a 4200. MY clutch has 50 miles on it then I blew my motor.

Quick Reply: Dual CP3 PPE or Industrial Injection need help must order tomorrow