3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DTT Transmissions and Converters???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brett, when you broke your output shaft and had that replaced and sent in the tc to have gone through , one of the reasons you were down is that you sent it ground and wanted it back ground. I also went through it at no charge and added a billet lockup plate at no charge trying to give you a hand and all you paid for was shipping . I tried to help out and this is what you consider bad service .
Old 02-21-2008, 05:54 PM

getting a full buit DTT should be done sat ill let ya know but i had a tc and vb from them it was great just smoked ther stock clutches before i put them in so it was bound to go
Old 02-21-2008, 06:28 PM

Hey DirtEater(Terry), sorry I couldn't get back to you before this past weekend. My father-in-law passed away, and I had to fly out to Texas. Like I said on the phone today with you, I apologize for not being able to get back to you.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Stefan
Brett, when you broke your output shaft and had that replaced and sent in the tc to have gone through , one of the reasons you were down is that you sent it ground and wanted it back ground. I also went through it at no charge and added a billet lockup plate at no charge trying to give you a hand and all you paid for was shipping . I tried to help out and this is what you consider bad service .
Yeah I did send it ground, and the broken output was a month before this happend and it was down 2 1/2 weeks then too, so it wasent at the same time, I guarantee if it had been another trans company I would have had a converter sent to me to swap out and not been down so long. It's not like i skimped when I got the trans built, bought the 48re valvebody, 3rd gear drum and if it was being rebuilt to new, why couldn't it have been swaped out??? I do know a guy that will send you another converter if your not happy with your new trans and you can send yours back AFTER the swap and not be down for weeks, and just pay shipping...It sure isn't DTT
Old 02-22-2008, 04:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stefan, I just wanted to add....I can't wait to get my DTT Billet Trans and DTT Triple Disc. I have full confidence in your product and J. Northum's build and customer service, before, during and after the sale.

It's def time to put the power to the ground.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:17 AM

I'm very happy with my DTT....i have a 2-3-2 issue, but that's not a DTT specific issue, more of a throttle by wire and / or smarty issue....I might have Fred take a look at it to see if there is anything to do, not sure as of yet.....

There have been a few "DTT" haters out there, as there are with most products (even Smarty with the 2nd gen guys)....but i think there's an overall high level of satisfaction with DTT parts / Installers....

The most important criteria for a trans selection is having a good installer close by...from a hard parts perspective, the top builders all have good components...
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My DTT has 130,000 miles on it and has never had a problem. I work it everyday, drag race.... and even pulled a sled with it last week. It was removed at 90,000 miles (on tranny) to add billet shafts and the lack of wear on internal parts is what really sold me on DTT.
Many are good.... I believe no rebuilt tranny is better!

RJ
Old 02-29-2008, 04:20 PM

Does DTT have a good installer in the Wilmington North Carolina area?

I'm thinking about a tranny upgrade since purchasing a new 5th wheel.

Thanks

Ron W.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rjweiss
Does DTT have a good installer in the Wilmington North Carolina area?

I'm thinking about a tranny upgrade since purchasing a new 5th wheel.

Thanks

Ron W.

http://www.dieseltrans.com/dodge/index.htm

Call DTT here and they can tell you for sure all their authorized rebuilder/installers in your area.