3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Downloading triple dog to truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downloading triple dog to truck

Ok i read everything in the book. when i first pluged the triple dog to the truck the recovery screen came up. THE TRUCK WAS STOCK i dont know why that happened. So i followed the instructions and when it was putting the truck back to stock when it got to 99% is said unrecoverable error 0x7f sector 1 Any help please. cant even drive the truck now. i have to wait untill monday now but any help so i can drive this weekend. YES i updated before i even installed. thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 08:52 PM

Was it a used unit, or did you buy it new? Are you sure you downloaded the program for the correct year of your truck from the website? And did you try it a second time?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:19 PM

yeah i have the right programmer and yes it was new in the box. The only update was under triple dog was 2.3.0
Old 07-29-2006, 09:21 PM

Sorry to hear about you problem, but we've all been there.

The first thing to remember is, turn everything off in the truck before you start downloading and close the door. Open the window before you start or you're gonna get hot.

Do not open any doors or touch any thing that will disturb any electical item.

This will help alot. I forgot once and I turned on the radio while i was waiting , then I got some code "bad seed file". I almost thought it was a new upgrade like Crazy Larry , but it didn't start after that .

You're gonna have to call BD Monday they are the only ones who can get you past the password screen. Unless someone else has figured it out.

.................Jim
Old 07-29-2006, 09:25 PM

BTW, choose the 2.2.7, Crazy Larry. The version 2.3.0 is weird for the 6 speeds. I didn't get anything but less responsive throttle. Not impressed.

...........Jim
Old 07-29-2006, 10:10 PM

alright yeah i will try the crazy larry one i was toldthat if i have a 6 speed not to use crazy larry. mess up the trany. Would it be ok to use for alittle smoke then turn back to performance. Thats why i would like to get 2.3.0 to work. thanks for everything
Old 07-29-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by howe719
alright yeah i will try the crazy larry one i was toldthat if i have a 6 speed not to use crazy larry. mess up the trany. Would it be ok to use for alittle smoke then turn back to performance. Thats why i would like to get 2.3.0 to work. thanks for everything

Version 2.2.7 is great in the performance mode. Yeah, it's smoky but at least it's not like Crazy Larry at low boost between shifts good gawd

The tranny will be fine as long as you don't nail the throttle with a trailer behind you fom a dead stop. Mine is good with 35's.

If you try and get a trailer moving from a dead stop in the CL mode, you are asking for a volcano eruption

Yes, you can switch back and forth. Bully Dog told me to shut the truck off when switching back and forth, but I found it unnecessary. It will still switch between CL and performance.

So smoke on!!!! .........or off

...........Jim
Old 07-29-2006, 11:30 PM

Who at Bully Dog told you to turn the truck off between switches?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Armapoc
Who at Bully Dog told you to turn the truck off between switches?

One of the senior techs, I forget his name. He was walking the newbie tech and me through the procedure together on how to get my VIN back.

He said: key off, plug in BDDL, key on, switch power level and watch for blink, key off, remove BDDL.

It works either way I guess, but he also recommended that I not touch anything electronic in the truck and he was right about that.

............Jim
Old 07-30-2006, 08:40 AM

see thats what sucks about mind right now the serial does not match my truck so i have to call about that.. And as soon as i plug my downloader in the recovery mode comes up this happened the first time i EVER pluged it in. and it erased my factory program and wont upload bully dog stops a 99% so i been ALL weekend since friday without a truck. If you could tell me how to get my vin changed even though the recovery mode is the first thing that comes up then Awesome. thanks for everything
Old 07-30-2006, 08:52 PM

Get ahold of HeberRam (Steve Covalt) on TDR, he had basically the same problem but got some inside help and got it going again. I'm sure he could help you.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:28 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by Big Bob
Get ahold of HeberRam (Steve Covalt) on TDR, he had basically the same problem but got some inside help and got it going again. I'm sure he could help you.

Just read this post and problem.
howe719...You said the down loader was new right? Before you tried to download to truck, did you go to Bully dog's web site and try to upgrade programer? The fact that you mentioned the first time you plugged in and got the recovery mode, and a different vin# is displayed tells me the programer was either used by someone else on another truck, or the file was corrupted when you tried to download from Bully dog's site? Anyway try this: Disconnect both neg. battery cables for at least two minutes. reconnect cables. Disconnect map sensor, outlook monitor if you have one. Turn off all power to radios, ac, cell phone connections, put drivers door window down, and shut all doors. plug downloader in OBll port. Turn key on (do not start truck). Programmer should say it is in recovery mode. follow screen display, and I believe press y. After a few seconds, the downloader should say it is returning to stock setting. A percentage count up from 0-100% should start. At the end of the % it should say don't unplug, and will start intialization sequence, counting down from 12 to 1, then after the downloader will say the download was successful and to unplug and re-cycle key. Un-plug the downloader, turn key to off, turn key to on (don't try to start) turn key off again, and then try to re-start. If you are lucky, the truck will start. Don't try to use the programmer again , until you talk to Bully Dog. Turn off truck and plug back the map sensor. If this doesn't work, your ecm maybe erased and will have to talk to Bully Dog for other options....Good Luck
Old 07-31-2006, 06:35 AM

awesome thanks for all the help i am goin to go try this this morning...would be nice to take the truck to work anyway i am most likely going to have to call bully dog cause yeah i am starting to think the program was used by someone else cause the pyro probe was messing from the box. alright thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 08:53 AM

yeah that didnt work BD opens in 10mins i am just goin to have to call and i will tell you guys what the problem was.thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 05:44 AM

well i guess someone had my programmer before i did cause the error Ox7f sector 1 means that the truck VIN does not match the vin in the programmer. so somebody must of bought the programmer and then installed in his truck and took it back and got his money back.... anyway BD just walked me though the password thing and we set my new VIN into the programmer. truck started right up then. thanks for all your help