3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Double Din Dash Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double Din Dash Kit?

I'm planning on getting a double din navigation for my 04 but i can't find a dash kit for it. Anyone have any idea where I can get a hold of one?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Try http://www.scosche.com/

Been a while since I looked at their catalog online, but I thought they had one...
Old 10-17-2007, 12:38 PM

i looked for a while but couldnt find one, so i decided to make my own. ill post pics of my progress later today. here are a couple of links to where i got my ideas from.

http://fiberglassforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630

http://fiberglassforums.com/showthre...rsion+AC+style

im in the process of doing something similar to the second one

hope that helps
Old 10-17-2007, 01:30 PM

I can tell they put some hard work and time into it but I would of incorperated some kind of trim/beauty ring.

I think it looks like and I'd be if I was a paying customer.

I hope you make it look better.

I'd rather have a flip out then that POS in my truck

Goodluck
Old 10-17-2007, 07:33 PM

You can get the Nav Dash Kit at ebay.

Just search for chrysler/jeep/dodge nav kit, retails at around $15.

And you might need the bezel too, the nav bezel goes for around $80-$110 at ebay depending on finish.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His trucks a little to old to get a bezel from the factory so your going to have to do something custom. I did mine about 6-7 months ago, not as fancy as some of those bondod ones but Im not done this is just a long term temp fix tell I have more time to do it right. I did it pretty much like the first link that roxj posted but I just used carbon vynil to cover it all up. Like I said its not preficte but untill I have more time hopefully this winter when work slows down, it will do.

JW
Old 10-19-2007, 10:17 AM

im doing something similar to the second method molding the ford double din kit to the dodge dash piece. i didnt get any pics from the early stages of cutting and molding the two pieces together. here are some of it right now in the final finishing stages. it still needs a little more bondo to get the shape just right. then it needs to be textured, primed, and painted. i wil also be useing the avic d3.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:45 AM

roxj are you taking orders?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by walnutfarmer
roxj are you taking orders?
lol! no, but let me see how this one turns out. its been pretty time consuming to get the dimensions right. ill keep you posted.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM

i finally got the bezel finished and have more pics. i am happy with the finished product and was even able to match the stock texture of the dash(after many attempts and lots of spraying and resanding). the only part i dont like is the finish. i sprayed it in flat black and it matched the interior trim, ie. cigarette lighter, ac vents, etc. perfectly. that is, until i put a clear coat on it to protect it. after i sprayed the clear it made it too shiny and glossy, so i am going to pull it back out and reshoot it in flat black eventually.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:55 AM

what did you do behind the bezel to fit the unit. I thought there needed to be some trimming behind it.

Thinking a satin finish might make your black look better. That or the carbon fiber version looked good.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by nriver
what did you do behind the bezel to fit the unit. I thought there needed to be some trimming behind it.

Thinking a satin finish might make your black look better. That or the carbon fiber version looked good.
there is a plastic xmember that has to be trimmed behind the dash. its easier to remove the whole thing but it can also be removed partially and still work.
i tried satin first and it came out too glossy thats why i went to the flat. the flat was a perfect match untill i applied the clear coat. im going to pull it out when i have time and either go back to the flat without the clear or try and match the dash color. ive been looking for paint to match the dash which was my original plan but havent had any luck. all the colors i found were a couple of shades off. i may go to a paint shop and see if they can make something that will match.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 PM

cool, that is what I thought. hmmm, do I need a new project?

wondered if just teh satin clear coat would do it for you, or a flat clear coat. I also just looked to see if there was any mopar matching paint, did not see any agate for 03+. There is some for the 2nd gens, it may be closer. Just thinking on line.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:20 PM

the best i found was the stuff diesel manor or genos sells but it wasnt close enough for me.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Go with the flat w/o the clear.

The clear coat make it stick out like a sore thumb

If you said it matched perfect before then do it that way and leave the colored dashed for the show cars

Look great though