3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Door Lock Security

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Lock Security

Just got finished installing some Jimmi Jammers on my truck today. They protect the door lock latches from someone prying at them from the outside with a screw driver. I have recently seen this method used to gain entry to a vehicle, it takes about 30secs, it literally looks like someone is fumbling with their keys trying to get in. I've got a quad cab so I got the front and rear door kits. The rears where much trickier to get on but it wasn't that bad. Basically fornt and back you just remove the door panel and then peel back the vapor liner and gain access to the door handle. You undo two nuts off each door handle, install the metal plates and replace the nuts and door panels. I also gotta tail gate security piece from the same place it covers the right side of the lower hinge. Had to take the tail gate off to install it but it sure beats someone stealing it. People have been tageting them at malls here recently. I didn't manage to take any pictures, mainly cause it was quite cold out, but you can check them out @ www.trucksecurity.com (i have no affiliation). Just a neat product that makes you think, "****, why didn't I think of that?!". The whole install took 1 hour.

-rS
Old 02-07-2006, 04:53 PM

Great Idea!!

Hadn't heard or seen of those before, great idea. Thought my truck was secure but I guess not. Ordered me the same thing. If install is as easy as it sounds it would be well worth the low cost.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:17 PM

I use an old hose clamp on the tailgate. not the best security but takes time to remove.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Jme

Think I'll order some...cheap price to pay for a peace of mind.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:39 PM

If anyone is interested, the guy I bought these off has seen an influx of dodge orders since I posted this. He emailed me and I sent him a link to this posting. He emailed me back and said that he would be willing to give a better deal if you emailed him and told him you were from dtr. Again, I have no affiliation with the seller, I just think this is a cheap and effective cab theft security option. Enjoy.