3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Don M

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don M

so the distributor for Don M calls me today, apparently my injectors are TOAST. but fixable. I sent them out ground on thursday, and Don M has already checked them all out and is fixing them. should get them back by early next week. Don M works FAST. everyone on this site was totally right about him.

but now I cant wait to get it back. I think thats why I have been on DTR every day since I sent them out, living through you guys.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:26 PM

Did he saw what was wrong with them? I'm looking to go this route but I have 140k miles on mine, probably 100k miles with a pressure box. Did you have to buy any replacement bodies?

Andy
Old 02-18-2008, 03:03 PM

he did say that the bodies were NOT cracked, and that it was all internal. so I didnt need new bodies. i paid 125 per injector and he will replace any internal parts that are busted and then re test them before he sends them back out to me I guess. but you have to buy the flux stix if you want any of that done.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Yep, he took a set of my injectors that wouldn't hold rail pressure properly and now they do. Yes I did have to buy his tips but so what!! New bodies w/stock tips were around $500 each last I checked, that would be about 3 grand for a set. Don was about half that to make 'em work, so I saved $1500 to have 6 operational bodies, and I have flux1 tips to boot.

The only thing that sucked is that it's very hard to talk to Don himself, so I never found out what was fubared in the first place. But they didn't work and now they do!!

I remember awhile back a few people claimed Don couldn't fix the bodies, they said even Bosch service centers couldn't fix 'em. Well I do believe Bosch can't, or, more likely wont, fix them. But I KNOW Don can fix them.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:54 PM

its funny, cause all the shops says he cant fix them (or anyone for that matter) and yet, here is Don, cleaning up everyone elses mess. and yeah, stockers are waaaaaay over priced for what you get, so to have 40 extra horse, and bomb proof injectors, thats well worth the 1800.