3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Does your Di pricol Optix boost gauge make a vibrate/rattle noise??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
The new Optix series is pretty sweet I like the look of the optix over all (way better then the old Dipricol's IMHO) but when I got them was a little disappointed because the pyro looked awesome at night, but the boost gauge put off a purple tint from under the middle of the gauge needle. I asked Dipricol about this when I talked to them, they said that they look different because one is mechanical and one is electric and that if I install a dimmer that it should take care of the purple tint.
I am going to try the dimmer and see what happens.........
I talked to Dipricol about the purple tint as well. I explained to them that the pyro is PERFECT. but the boost and tranny temp is pathetic. They told me that the pyro is broke and it *SHOULD* be putting off the purple glow.

I have tried to dim them and it doesn't matter. Guys get in my truck and ask me what's wrong with the gauges and I just tell them "it's the way they were designed"

I would be the happiest guy on earth if they all looked like the pyro. Hopefully my rail gauge looks decent for the money it costs.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:10 AM

My 0-60 rattles when it builds boost quickly, and my pyro has been giving me some wierd readings. Once in a while, the pyro will set itself at about 600 at start-up and build from there. Don't know that I am totally happy with the quality of these.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Luken
I talked to Dipricol about the purple tint as well. I explained to them that the pyro is PERFECT. but the boost and tranny temp is pathetic. They told me that the pyro is broke and it *SHOULD* be putting off the purple glow.

I have tried to dim them and it doesn't matter. Guys get in my truck and ask me what's wrong with the gauges and I just tell them "it's the way they were designed"

I would be the happiest guy on earth if they all looked like the pyro. Hopefully my rail gauge looks decent for the money it costs.

you can tell why it's purple when you look at the sweeper needle of the boost gauge and compare it to the pyro. the boost gauge needs to overlap the center hole or something.

they told me it's just the two different style gauges.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 AM

I'm not happy with spending over $700 bucks on 5 gauges that look like this. Lessons learned
Old 10-18-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Luken
I'm not happy with spending over $700 bucks on 5 gauges that look like this. Lessons learned

I really liked my Isspro EV that I had on my 01. but when looking at the new ones decided the Optix looked better. and they do if they all looked like the pyro!

I would probably recommend Isspro now......

sounds like they have some rattling issues too tho

I'm sending my boost out today I will let y'all know what happens.....
Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 PM

Well I got my Boost gauge back from Dipricol today but they sent me a 60psi instead of my 35psi that I sent in

when I sent it in I asked them if they could convert it to a 60psi because the 35psi was too small they called me and said they could not convert it. I said o-well just send it back and If i decide to run a box/programmer I will just upgrade to the 60psi then, so I hang up the phone and not even 2 min's later she calls me back and tells my they felt bad about the whole thing so they where just going to send out a brand new 60psi instead
They also asked me where I mounted the boost hose on the intake.
They told me they have been having trouble with the location of some mounts causing the rattles/vibration. I took it for a test drive today and I could still hear the rattle but just barely( not anywhere near as loud as it was before I have to really listen hard to hear it) they said if the new gauge does not work to buy a boost bolt and try that!! some how I have never heard of a boost bolt until after I drilled and taped my intake

Talk about great customer service

BTW I also found out that DiPricol manufactures Isspro gauges
I was complaining about how my Isspro on my 01 never made a sound and she told me they are made by us! and the reason they don't make as much noise is because they have a slower response time compared to the Dipricol Optix. This was very interesting.

in the end I am very happy with the service I received!

Old 10-29-2006, 06:02 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mu Isspros on my last truck were made in Indonesia, I was all disappointed when I got them and saw that. They were 100% flawless though, hopefully these Optix will be the same!

Who is Danin?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
53willys:

Thanks for the update on your boost gauge.

My boost gauge is also "rattling" under hard throttle, so maybe I need to try some of "fixes" you mentioned. Thanks.

-------
John_P
Old 10-29-2006, 07:48 AM

If they rattle because of faster response time, maybe a restrictor would help. Try putting in a small needle valve in the boost hose and turn it almost closed. I would guess closer to the engine would work better, but under the dash would make for an easier adjustment.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 AM

sadly i cant comment on this because i cant find anyone to install my gauges..

i have a 0-60 psi boost gauge, 100-280 trans temp, 0-30 fuel pressure, all D-pricol white faced sitting here brand new
Old 10-29-2006, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by P.J
Mu Isspros on my last truck were made in Indonesia, I was all disappointed when I got them and saw that. They were 100% flawless though, hopefully these Optix will be the same!

Who is Danin?
Danin=Dipricol
Danin is the company that owns Dipricol. They are basically the same company.

CarcajouCummins-I will try a boost bolt before I try and slow it down, besides the rattle is very quiet now. I would just leave it how it is but the boost bolt is so cheap that I will try that and see how it does.

nfsommer- you need to install those your self it's easy. paying someone to install your gauges is a waste of hard earned cash. IMHO
If you have basic tools you could do it easy.

When I say the rattle is quiet I mean it is so quiet that I have to turn the radio off and face my ear to the gauge to hear it rattle.(the old 35psi I could hear with the radio on, and any time I boosted it would rattle HARD)

Now we will see what it looks like at night. Hopefully the new 60psi is less "purple" then the 35psi.