3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Does your Di pricol Optix boost gauge make a vibrate/rattle noise??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does your Di pricol Optix boost gauge make a vibrate/rattle noise??

I bought some used Di pricol Optix gauges and I really like the pyrometer, but the 35psi boost gauge vibrates/rattles when ever I boost up quick. It's not super loud but it's very annoying.(it's really annoying with the cruise on because it rattles every time the truck adds speed) My Isspro boost gauge on my 01 never made a sound.

I know I should have a 60PSI gauge but I got a sweet deal on them used, do you think the 35psi makes noise because it moves too fast for the gauge??
I was thinking the 60psi would not have to move so fast or far????

what do you guy's think??

I searched and found some threaded but not much help.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a 60PSI Di pricol Optix and it did not make any noise when i first put it in, then a week later i unhooked it to install my EGT and Trans temp, now it makes a ticking noise.
so i think maybe its a leak because i did not use new Brass fitting when i put it back together so maybe you got a leak in your connection.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 PM

I have probably installed atleast 25 Di-Pricol boost gauges and have had to replace 4 of them due to that rattle noise while boosting. It doesn't matter if you have a 0-30 or 0-60 i have had the noise in both!!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by RSPTOY
I have probably installed atleast 25 Di-Pricol boost gauges and have had to replace 4 of them due to that rattle noise while boosting. It doesn't matter if you have a 0-30 or 0-60 i have had the noise in both!!
Mine makes the noise...0-60psi, new!

JG
Old 10-09-2006, 10:15 PM

I guess I will call Di pricol and see what they say about it.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
I guess I will call Di pricol and see what they say about it.
*update*
I called them today and asked about the rattle they told me they have had a few problems with some of the boost gauges and if I send it in they will fix it and send it out the same day I am impressed with the service, I did not expect it to be so easy!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Banned

mine rattles when the exhaust brake is on and decelerating. if di-pri will fix it without any issues, I will have to call them too. they were great when my pyro was not behaving.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:08 PM

how do you guys like the dipricol guages? do they seem to match factory guages and lights? I can't decide between isspro and dipricols.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GreyTD
how do you guys like the dipricol guages? do they seem to match factory guages and lights? I can't decide between isspro and dipricols.
It was a toss up when I got the gauges on my old truck. The only thing that made me go Isspro (poet and I didn't know it) was that they Di-Pricol EGT had a big dime sized blur in the middle of it. I actually prefered the other gauges, espically the Di Fuel fuel pressure.

Anyway, now I am pretty much set on getting the Optix, so I hope they work out as well as my Isspros did.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:56 PM

The new Optix series is pretty sweet I like the look of the optix over all (way better then the old Dipricol's IMHO) but when I got them was a little disappointed because the pyro looked awesome at night, but the boost gauge put off a purple tint from under the middle of the gauge needle. I asked Dipricol about this when I talked to them, they said that they look different because one is mechanical and one is electric and that if I install a dimmer that it should take care of the purple tint.
I am going to try the dimmer and see what happens.........
Old 10-17-2006, 07:24 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're getting the dimmer they sell? They dim off of the lights in the truck anyway, right? Or are you talking dimming individual gauges.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:41 PM

I have the isspro 0-60, and its makes the ticking sound anytime boost is building. Its annoying. Kevin.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:35 PM

My ISSPRO gauge would rattle too, the problem was the plastic boost tube rattling, I just wire tied the tube to wires behind my gauges.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by P.J
You're getting the dimmer they sell? They dim off of the lights in the truck anyway, right? Or are you talking dimming individual gauges.
yeah I just want to dim just the boost gauge.

mine is not the tube rattling I checked that already, it's defiantly the gauge.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
RickCJ:

Thanks for the tip on "tieing" the boost line. Mine has started to rattle to so I will try your fix. Thanks.

-------
John_P

Quick Reply: Does your Di pricol Optix boost gauge make a vibrate/rattle noise??