3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Does someone know exactly how stacking works?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks quad. I want one of those stacking xzt's. How can I get one? Haven't seen them on the retail sites.
Oh and the mentioning about hardware not being able to keep up... that reminds me of the old pentium pro computers that they would put two processors in to handle memory heavy apps.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice post...Quad very informative
Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 AM

WOW !! i can't say enough about quads knowledge and customers service .. i am one of those with the juice with attitude and xzt stack .. and he is RIGHT the throttle response is absolutely unreal when i have the stack in .. the only this i kinda disagree with on is the lowering of egt's i can run my juice with attitude at WOT all day long and not see realy any hight egt's numbers .. but once i add the xzt the the mix i can see 1600 f in about 3 seconds at WOT .. out of the hole though it is quiet awesome .. also another concern i have is with the xzt in the mix i get alot of timing noise ...

all in all it is a very nice stack .. i have never thrown a cel and it sure makes nice numbers on the dyno ...

oops i didn't mean to hijack the thread .. just wanted to give you guys a lowdown on my experience with stacking

Gary
Old 05-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by swansong04
WOW !! i can't say enough about quads knowledge and customers service .. i am one of those with the juice with attitude and xzt stack .. and he is RIGHT the throttle response is absolutely unreal when i have the stack in .. the only this i kinda disagree with on is the lowering of egt's i can run my juice with attitude at WOT all day long and not see realy any hight egt's numbers .. but once i add the xzt the the mix i can see 1600 f in about 3 seconds at WOT .. out of the hole though it is quiet awesome .. also another concern i have is with the xzt in the mix i get alot of timing noise ...

all in all it is a very nice stack .. i have never thrown a cel and it sure makes nice numbers on the dyno ...

oops i didn't mean to hijack the thread .. just wanted to give you guys a lowdown on my experience with stacking

Gary
Do you have the stacking version for the XZT?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
Do you have the stacking version for the XZT?
yes i sent it back to quad last summer to get it re-flashed ...

Gary
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swansong04
yes i sent it back to quad last summer to get it re-flashed ...

Gary
then its weird you get timing noise. Probably more like pressure noise....
Old 05-05-2007, 02:31 PM

Yes. Pressure will make noise. The stackable xzt is pressure only. The timing has been pulled out of it. What you are hearing, you would hear with any pressure box; mp-8, ez, etc.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
then its weird you get timing noise. Probably more like pressure noise....

oh OK ... like a heavy duty rattle noise ....
Old 05-05-2007, 06:06 PM

So, has anyone tried both an Edge/Quad (or J/A/EZ) stack and the Predator/Puck combo? Wonder which works better?
I'm also curious as to what products out there can do pressure only. I know the XZT can now. I think the Smarty and Predator can. What else?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by toupee
So, has anyone tried both an Edge/Quad (or J/A/EZ) stack and the Predator/Puck combo? Wonder which works better?
I'm also curious as to what products out there can do pressure only. I know the XZT can now. I think the Smarty and Predator can. What else?
pressure only.....Quad XZT stack tune, MP8, EZ, Diablo Power Puck
Old 05-05-2007, 08:43 PM

hi everyone, i am new to diesel performance so please exuse me if i am asking a stupid question. does the edge juice w/ attitude work great by itself, or do you need to stack it w/ something else to make more power safely/properly ? i am interested in running the edge juice/attitude on my truck which is stock except for muffler delete and a gutted intake. what are some things i should know before making any purchases and also how much abuse will the stock trans (48re) take. basicaly this is my work truck that i will run at the track a few times a year and play around w/ on the street a little.

btw i was a MIR today and saw a new record set. NGM made 3 passes in their street truck, the fastest of which was 11.3 @ 117.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost Ram
hi everyone, i am new to diesel performance so please exuse me if i am asking a stupid question. does the edge juice w/ attitude work great by itself, or do you need to stack it w/ something else to make more power safely/properly ? i am interested in running the edge juice/attitude on my truck which is stock except for muffler delete and a gutted intake. what are some things i should know before making any purchases and also how much abuse will the stock trans (48re) take. basicaly this is my work truck that i will run at the track a few times a year and play around w/ on the street a little.

btw i was a MIR today and saw a new record set. NGM made 3 passes in their street truck, the fastest of which was 11.3 @ 117.
Juice works great by itself. Adds good power. You don't want to run it higher than level 3 with the stock transmission and no higher than level 1 if towing.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:24 PM

What is the benifit of stacking on top of it?
Old 05-05-2007, 10:27 PM

Now that someone mentioned TS performance I'm going to ask - How good is the mp-8? I don't read a lot about it. I do like the fact that it's multi-brand capable.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 PM

It works fine. I am not so sure it is really multi brand capable at this point though. You might want to check it out.

It used to be advertised that way and they sent you all the plugs but, once you ran it on a truck it locked to that type vehicle and you had to send it back and pay a reflash fee to change it.

Anymore I think they are model specific??

Other than that some guys really like it. It tends to have the highest peak power on a dyno where as the XZT makes more low end. So it depends on if you are trying to get dyno numbers or what you are wanting to do?

Quick Reply: Does someone know exactly how stacking works?