3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

does anyone know the actual hp between smarty revo and tnt

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone know the actual hp between smarty revo and tnt

I read a bunch of posts, and didn't actually see any hp numbers for the smarty TNT tune levels. I have the smarty S-06 POD and am going to check that it has the revo settings on it currently. I bought it used and not sure if it is stock 170hp max or the revo 210hp. But, what I am after, as mentioned above, is what are the actual hp levels if I had the TNT installed?
Old 02-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
All the HP numbers you see are strictly estimates, the only actual numbers you will ever see are on a dyno sheet and even that depends on the dyno, the operator, the correction factor, the weather, the fuel and last but not least each individual truck and the way it is set up.

Until you put your truck on the dyno you will never know what you have or which program works best for you. I have seen identical trucks go on the dyno using the same programs and react totally different.

I simplified my explanation here as there are so many variables that it would be tough to touch on them all in a single post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. It does depend upon the mod variations on the truck, but I was just wondering what they claimed as a base line power. I see it posts the base line power for the s-06 pod on the website per sw level, but I didn't know if they had released a sheet for the tnt. I am just updating mine to the revo software as I type this. I was considering going up to the tnt, but I think it will kill my mpg. I'm 95% sure I have enough upgrades to handle the power. I may just upgrade to the TNT for the sled pull I do once a year, then go back to the Revo.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Fast guide to the SMARTY S-06 standard REVO software levels
SW # 0 : Half power
SW # 1 : 30 Hp increase, with added timing .
SW # 2 : 60 Hp increase, no added timing.
SW # 3 : 60 Hp increase, with added timing.
SW # 4 : 90 Hp increase, no added timing.
SW # 5 : 90 Hp increase, with added timing.
SW # 6 : 130 Hp increase, no added timing.
SW # 7 : 130 Hp increase, with added timing.
SW # 8 : 170 Hp increase, no added timing.
SW # 9 : 170 Hp increase, with added timing.
The even numbered programs have the stock timing so you can use the Smarty to stack with other power adders such as the EDGE Juice, TST PowerMax, TS Performance MP8, ect. If you are using the Smarty by itself you will want to choose and odd numbered setting. Each level has 4 levels of adjustability for Timing, Rail Pressure and Torque Management. You can also adjust tire size and read and erase trouble codes.

IMPORTANT TNT INFORMATION!

The TNT software IS DANGEROUS to the stock engine and drivetrain!

The TNT software has been written for trucks with extensive modifications!

TNT Horse Power Levels: The horsepower levels start around 100 Hp on CaTCHER # 1 and reach 230 additional Hp on CaTCHER # 9.
The TNTR software is now available for free download! Also the TNTR has been revised and adds 35 Hp more than the older softwares in all levels from 1 to 9.

These HP gains referred to are on a “close to stock” engine but depending on your modifications can be much more. With correctly modified and tuned engines we have seen gains in the 400+ Hp range above the stock software. On the higher settings a stock engine can NOT take full advantage of it because the fuel and air supply from the stock parts are simply not enough.

Minimum required modifications to run the TNT software are: aftermarket turbo, larger injectors, lift pump upgrade, injection pump upgrade, automatic transmission or manual with aftermarket clutch. These are the bare minimum requirements to use this tuner.

Also a good insurance against valve float at high boost levels is a good set of stiffer valve springs.
If you need valve springs or not, depends upon several factors like max boost pressure reached,
rev range and of course the mileage of the stock springs.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by hot_runner58
I agree. It does depend upon the mod variations on the truck, but I was just wondering what they claimed as a base line power. I see it posts the base line power for the s-06 pod on the website per sw level, but I didn't know if they had released a sheet for the tnt. I am just updating mine to the revo software as I type this. I was considering going up to the tnt, but I think it will kill my mpg. I'm 95% sure I have enough upgrades to handle the power. I may just upgrade to the TNT for the sled pull I do once a year, then go back to the Revo.
Fair enough I took your post literally and thought you wanted "actual numbers"