3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DL or Stix

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DL or Stix

I just installed my SilverBullet this weekend, and finally today I got to try everthing out. From 12-50 boost builds extremely fast, but from 0-12 its noticably slow. Is this just something that I need to learn to drive around? Would a Downloader or some small sticks help with the low end?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

Tremendiously put the tst on the twins program that will give you some more fuel down low. Also the race smoke x2 program has lots of duration for low end fueling and will help out also. A downloader (smarty,bullydog) or injectors will help also.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 PM

I need to send my tst in for the adjustable programs and timing, then I could run the x2 program. I just have the standard x2, so is there much difference between the race and the standard smoke programs as far as low end goes. I know the race is rated about 40 hp more but I figured that was on the top end. I dont really want to go with injectors yet, since there way more money. Expecially if a DL will give me the low end i want.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

Send in the tst and upgrade it you wont regret it, and run the smoke x2 program their is more duration for low end in them im sure still less then the race but still more their. You may want to look into a smarty.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 AM

If I where you and haven't got any stix yet I would definatly go with some Don M's the threads are really starting to build up with failed injectors taking out the motor. Trust me I'm in that club. With the Flux 2's on my truck I swear my SPS66 feels like I am driving a stock truck. Though I have it wastegated at 35 I need to up it to 50. But go with the flux 2's hardly any smoke at all without the chips.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smarty has some great low end...just what my handshaker needed to get off the line then the X2 comes on and finishes it
Old 11-27-2007, 06:30 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by 53 ******
Smarty has some great low end...just what my handshaker needed to get off the line then the X2 comes on and finishes it
THe Smarty alone lights mine super fast compared to other boxes I've tried.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:57 AM
wap

If I could have done it over I think I would have never gotten a tst (it is a great box but I dont feel it adds THAT much more over my smarty and I hardley ever use it now anyway BUT it has been problem free) I would have spent the money that I used for the tst on a good set of sticks and just run the smarty and mp8. That beein said, I dont know wich I would get, the smarty if half the price but it does kinda complicate things when runnin 3 "chips". I dont know if that helps any but thats just the way I feel. And fwiw, the smarty is the best thing I have put on my truck to date.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM

With a turbo like yours 0-12 will be a pain. It's the reason I switched from a 66/71 to a 62-71.

A downloader (Smarty, in particular) will help out greatly. It will, however, be smoky. I tried every combination of pressure box, TST, downloader, etc. to try to get rid of the 0-12 lag, but it was always there. I don't think I would have cared with an auto, but my '03 was a manual. I switched to a smaller turbo and was happy.

Try a Smarty first, then go for the sticks. You'll get used to driving with your turbo.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by wap
I would have spent the money that I used for the tst on a good set of sticks and just run the smarty and mp8.
Good advice.

Originally Posted by wap
it does kinda complicate things when runnin 3 "chips".
For me, it was super-hard to find the magic combination of settings.

Originally Posted by wap
And fwiw, the smarty is the best thing I have put on my truck to date.
I agree completely.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
wap

Originally Posted by JCLeary
Good advice.

For me, it was super-hard to find the magic combination of settings.

I agree completely.
For me and daily driving my magic combo is beta 4.4 on 5 and nothin else. But SW#5 or 7 and tst on 3/2 is pretty stong.

That 66 is awsome to me but you guys got remember that I am at 800ft and a LOT of guys on this site are a LOT higher than I am.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 PM

I think I just need to learn how to drive this thing. I just smoked a GTO from a start through 4th. Ive still got my little stock clutch in there, and now I it slips in 4th too. HAHA. I think if i can get a little more to get the first 10 psi, i will be completly happy. I cant believe how much more it pulls with a big turbo and thats only in 4th. I havent even tried 5th and 6th gear yet, Im sure it will be crazy in a big gear! Soon tho very soon!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Chapter President

I think you would like a smarty. It will def. finish off your stock clutch.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:00 PM

Its pretty well finished off now!! Im supprised it will still hold stock power in 5th and 6th..
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 PM

I have never tried the samrty but I know with the flux 2's it feels like I am driving a stock truck. Takes about 2-3 secs to light that turbo and there is no smoke with just the injectors turn on. If I didn't have any chips and the loud turbo whistle I honestly think nobody could tell a difference if they got out of a stock truck and got into mine. But then again I do have a schied cam so that might help me out a bit more. I just think with the power you are pushing injectors should be your next step.

Quick Reply: DL or Stix