3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DIY CP3 mod Piece of Cake

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too bad, it's 65 and sunny here in western washington.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

Yeah, it's cleared off and the sun is just now poking through, kinda.. But no use in starting work at 1:33??? Besides what are you doing at home?? Or you at "work".
Old 04-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned

I am at my place of employment. enough said.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds like we all are just bored as you know what!!

Do you think that this CP3 Mod will help even though I am stock for now? I want to do so many things to this truck but $$ is an issue being self employed.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

unless you are really fueling hard, either really big programmer, TST, injectors, or module/programmer stacked, you wont notice anything. I did it on a member's 04.5 with a quad race, and there wasnt any noticeable difference.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrahs
sounds like we all are just bored as you know what!!

Do you think that this CP3 Mod will help even though I am stock for now? I want to do so many things to this truck but $$ is an issue being self employed.
I hear ya on the $$$$ being self employed has it's perks and disadvantages!! I think you will see the biggest gains with the cp3 mod with an upgraded fuel system. I am going to order a GDP Kit later this week and so I'm thinking that I will do this all at once!! cbrahs... you just need to head back home to Idaho!

Shane
Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Chapter President

Shane,
You don't know how bad I want to come home. But am stuck here in the land of entrapment until my kids graduate from high school and I kick their hind ends out of the house and send them to college!! .. I try to make it up there a couple times a year but can only make it once this year because I am a full time student as well and only have Christmas/new years off from school but I graduate next year so I will be going on a KILLER vacation after that or buying a TON of bombs for the truck, lock myself in my shop and brew several pots of coffee and just turn wrenches for a week and come out with mo power!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Shane,
You don't know how bad I want to come home. But am stuck here in the land of entrapment until my kids graduate from high school and I kick their hind ends out of the house and send them to college!! .. I try to make it up there a couple times a year but can only make it once this year because I am a full time student as well and only have Christmas/new years off from school but I graduate next year so I will be going on a KILLER vacation after that or buying a TON of bombs for the truck, lock myself in my shop and brew several pots of coffee and just turn wrenches for a week and come out with mo power!

Yeah, if I could win the lottery I would have a DTR shop!! Fellas could just come over and we'd work on there trucks!!! Maybe I would just move DTR to Idaho!! Oh-well just havta work harder and I can't find my self spending $5 for a lottery ticket when that $5 gets me closer to another mod!!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Chapter President

no doubt! Can't win if we don't buy. Here is one for ya. a good friend of mine down here, last year his mom got on one of those sites that pics your #'s for you, she forgot to go and buy the tickets and the next day she showed us here #'s on the paper that she printed out and they were the WINNING FRIGGEN #'s. It was when it was like 180 million. we were sick for a month after that one.

chris
Old 04-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

no doubt! Can't win if we don't buy. Here is one for ya. a good friend of mine down here, last year his mom got on one of those sites that pics your #'s for you, she forgot to go and buy the tickets and the next day she showed us here #'s on the paper that she printed out and they were the WINNING FRIGGEN #'s. It was when it was like 180 million. we were sick for a month after that one.

chris
Oh that blows!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:28 AM

the link does not work does anyone have more info on the diy mod im interested in doing it or just the gain of knowledge of how to do it
Thanks
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 AM

It is my opinion and take it fwiw....just get the wicked diesel "stage 2" bag of parts. The DIY leaves it way open for failure or an ooops.....plus if you ever want to go bigger WD will upgrade you at less cost....
Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by D.Beard
the link does not work does anyone have more info on the diy mod im interested in doing it or just the gain of knowledge of how to do it
Thanks
Here you go, but just read the whole thread, even Relentless doesnt really think its worth it. But I think thats more because of all the people that dont know what they are doing screwing it up, or the others trying to sell modified FCAs when you can do it yourself...
http://relentlessdiesel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5