3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

dipricol guages

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dipricol guages

for those of you who have them what do you think? i'm planning on purchasing the new optix ones and would love some feed back on how the fit and finish is of dipricol gauges in general, also any parts you needed to purchase with them/parts that were left out of the guage packages?
Old 02-21-2006, 08:14 PM

im in the same boat as you. does anyone sell a complete kit with the dipricol gauges like the isspro kits on diesel manor. the only thing keeping me away from that kit is i think you have to cut the handle off your a-pillar. could be wrong though.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:22 PM

Gauges

Originally Posted by 1baddually
for those of you who have them what do you think? i'm planning on purchasing the new optix ones and would love some feed back on how the fit and finish is of dipricol gauges in general, also any parts you needed to purchase with them/parts that were left out of the guage packages?
Check with Mark over at www.dieselperformanceparts.com. The wesite shows the gauges lighted and they appear to be a good match for the stock gauges. All you need to add is a mount as all components needed for a working gauges are included. I'm looking at getting a boost and pyrometer in these gauges as I will need a 0 - 60 psi boost gauge to replace my 0 - 35 psi one. Good luck.

L8r,.............dogger
Old 02-22-2006, 12:09 AM

Transmission gauge

I want to put a temp probe in the transmission line, I think Mass Diesel makes a special line. But what I want to know is, if you take the transmission line out to the cooler, and replace it, how much of a gush of fluid if much at all comes out ? Or will it drain the tranny if it is not plugged while doing the install? Always had manuals before this is a new ball game for me.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:34 AM

make sure the optix are in stock. I wanted a fuel pressure gauge and they were not released yet. I think they match stock very well.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

1baddually,

The Optix are great! The fuel pressure are available and we even have a installation wiring harness that is the way to go! It has individual dimmer circuits for each gauge, they gauges are LED lighted so this way you can match them to the brightnes you ant and to the dash gauges too. Plus the harness actually plugs into the back of the gauge, no other connections at the gauge are necessary, of course you still have to run a boost line and a thermocouple line etc. We have them in black and white face as well. When you pull the trans line you'll get a few drips, unless the the engine is running that is!! On the 2003 + trucks you can also get the color matched A pillar that bolts on in place of the stock A pillar, makes it real easy!! If you want to keep the grab handle look at the over head mounts, they are available in 2,3 or 4 gauge designs.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 02-22-2006, 05:14 PM

I've had them (Non optix) for some time. They work and match great. My only complaint on the older ones are that I wish the night time lighting was a little better. In reference to the trans line gushing its not to bad. I had trouble getting the top fitting connected and I lost about a half of a quart. Let some of it drain out and then quickly reconnect the fittings. All of a fifteen minute job.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Had mine in for over a year now and love them. The night lighting could be a little better but it still matches the rest of the truck very well and is not hard to read at all. As for the tranny temp I used the test port in the rear of the tranny for the probe and it threads right in no drips no runs very clean install. I also used the in dash pod because I did not want to lose the grab handle.

Travist
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

NB64 & Travist,

The new Optix DiPricol's use LEDs for thr lighting so those dark spots etc are totally gone and they are thru the dial lighted now.

Mark @ DPPI