3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dipricol guages

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HayHauler, I think that it removes the handle all together. I could be wrong though as I am not a 3rd gen guy. If you still want the handle, there is a dash mount pod that Genos garage (I am pretty sure) sells, and would allow you to retain the handle.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HayHauler1
P.J
Did the gauge install change the location of your grab handle? It looks like it is farther up the A-Pillar than mine is with no gauges yet. I am looking at the same set of gauges you have.

Thanks,
Hay
Further up?..... It's gone buddy! Sitting on a shelf in my pantry.

At first I thought I would order an SRT style that retains the handle then just use a double steering column pod. I decided against this when I rationalized with myself that I never even use the grab handle. My old truck didn't have one, so with 2000 miles on this new one there is no way I am dependent on it or anything

Some guys like it (read beer gut) others don't touch it.

That top screw you are seeing is the top one that would normally hold the factory handle. There is only a few inches of plastic from there up to the headliner.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by P.J
Further up?..... It's gone buddy! Sitting on a shelf in my pantry.
Was gonna say, I knew I couldnt be wrong here, as even in my first gen, my 2 gauge A-pillar pod takes up a butt-load of room.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:48 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick reply. I (read beer gut) kinda need the handle. hmmmm..... This I will have to ponder...
Hay
Old 12-08-2006, 04:55 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HayHauler1
Thanks for the quick reply. I (read beer gut) kinda need the handle. hmmmm..... This I will have to ponder...
Hay
Tell you what. Have you considered the Commander (Quadzilla product)? It does pretty much every thing you want and you can get it for about the same price (less than the Optix's in fact). They just came out with a nice looking mount that will retain your factory grab.
Don't get ripped on it, I would imagine if you PM Lary (DTR Store) he will hook you up. If not, check EBay, I see them listed all the time with "best offer" options that sell in around the $310.00 mark. The pod is a little more than a standard analog pod though, around $70.00
Look Here:http://store.dieseltruckresource.com/quco.html