3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

difference between cummins and powerjoke

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:21 PM
J&L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like they hijacked your thread with more mindless bellybumpin' chatter.
Another point for the Cummins is cost in maintence. The Cummins comes with a 7500/15000 mile oil change schedule which the PSD cannot match. Check the the price of oil/air and fuel filters for the Cummins vs the 6.0 PSD. Fuel filters for the PSD are outta' site compared to Fleetguard fuel filters for the Cummins.
JIM
Old 10-16-2006, 12:51 AM

600HP on a stock engine, no studs, that will lower the engine live big time. I used to be a mechanic, am now an Engineer ect. I don't care who you are, aluminum will never be as strong as iron, or steel. yes it's light weight, yes it's this, but you will have head lift, this and that. yes super high power cars do it but get rebuilt after 1/4 mile. I like knowing I can get 400hp outa my cummins, and it will most likely hit the 350 thousand mile mark before a rebuild is required.

Wap, Your always arguing with me...... And no I'm not into serious racing, just want a truck to tow the toys around with = ) I want around 500hp daily driving (just need the trubo, tranny, and a few other things) I'm now taking donations
Old 10-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by northernwheeler
Not wanting to just throw more fuel on the fire, but does anybody remember the detroit 8V92. These engines powered pretty much every bus, many heavy trucks, equipment of every sort and size, from scapers to graders, skidders and even farm tractors for 25 years. And they were indestructable. You could also get it in a V16, which was a pretty impressive engine.

So there were some good V-8 diesels.
I drove concrete mixers for a decade and the only trucks that left me on the side of the road were the oil gulping Detroits ...... needless to say just about every single concrete co in St. Louis uses Cummins power . Those Detroits were wickedly fast empty but loaded was a diff story , but man those were a blast empty . Boss said to run it like you were trying to blow it up ......... no prob !!! Ever seen the drivelines on heavy haulers ? I have seen at least a dozen drivelines destroyed by a Cummins when you get an inexperienced driver in the mud with a loaded truck . Those probs disappeared when tq management entered the scene . Low end power was gutless till you got some revs and laid the boost on but they were fantastic road engines running down the road in a long haul truck .
Old 10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OK Guys, the bickering stops NOW!

For those of you who have been able to keep the thread on track without arguing, thank you

For those of you who feel the need to assault each other with childish insults and mind numbing banter, you are one step closer to be removed permanently from the forum.

Such behavior has NEVER been tolerated on this forum, and we are not going to start allowing it now.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Oh yeh!, well.........................my dad can beat up your dad!!!!
Crap...you beat me to it. Course' I knew what this thread was before I read it. I don't think there's much of this horse left....