3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

difference between cummins and powerjoke

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also how many semi's have a V-8 or V-anything in it few to none
Not wanting to just throw more fuel on the fire, but does anybody remember the detroit 8V92. These engines powered pretty much every bus, many heavy trucks, equipment of every sort and size, from scapers to graders, skidders and even farm tractors for 25 years. And they were indestructable. You could also get it in a V16, which was a pretty impressive engine.

So there were some good V-8 diesels.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:15 PM

Wow,, this has become a all out name calling contest, alot like what my kids went through when they were young. I think that no matter what brand you choose you can find good things and bad things. I have to admit that I was allways a ford man,, but chose to stay away from the 6 litre. And I was going to buy a chevy, but it was considerably more money than my dodge. But even though this is my first dodge ever, 3 years and 100+km later I am still loving it. Evn though until the latest set up upgrades my buddies duramax would kick my butt, with only a diablo on 65 hp. But I have fixed that problem

Kevin
Old 10-15-2006, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by whoahoss
if you use this calculator my old truck is making about 771+- hp @ 65 mph with the load of straw in my pic.
You took that load to the track and ran the 1/4 and turned 65 mph? Nice
Old 10-15-2006, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang, I am crankin 502 HP

sweet, that is what I am going to tell everyone.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IA_James
You took that load to the track and ran the 1/4 and turned 65 mph? Nice

Nothing was mentioned about distance.
I was making a point to Cook that there are many ways to "estimate " HP
and if we are not all comparing apples to apples

mayby it is green to red apples
Old 10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm im not understanding the calculator you provided. Im going of the one on thedieselgarage . com So at the track you race at they let you race with something in your bed,expecialy straw, im pulling the BS flag on this and i think your full of it. In DP he was runing a modified stock turbo, now hes running an aurora 5000, in DP he dynoed 521 now hes right at the 600 level dynoed not using a calculator, this was on #2 only because hit nitrous wasnt kicking in at DP. Im basing the 700 number on speculation though, tadd layton his partner ran a 708HP with the same setup hes runing on nitrous so thats where i got the 700 number.
[QUOTE=whoahoss;1166975]
Originally Posted by acook
I know the concept might be hard to understand since your driving a stock truck but theirs a machine called a dyno....go find a hp calculator and punch in 12.50 for an 8K pound truck and tell me what the HP is?

http://www.ajdesigner.com/phphorsepo...horsepower.php

if you use this calculator my old truck is making about 771+- hp @ 65 mph with the load of straw in my pic.

and we all know that ain't right
so HOW DID YOU CALCULATE THE FIGURE OF 600 + HP??????
Old 10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

did I say anything about racing ar a track?

I missed that statement
I was trying to prove a point wich I dont think you got so I will quit trying. there are only so many times that I will beat my head on a brick wall .

the working def. of insanity:
doing the samething over and over ; the same way each time ; and expecting different results.
I am walking on the edge apparently.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Banned

poof no eyebrows

Originally Posted by anni2VADER
acook, i only put CUMMINS in caps because i respect it. as u can see your name isnt in caps anymore envy boy.
That kicks <edit for language>
Old 10-15-2006, 05:08 PM

acook, Just curious but if you hate your 5.9 so much why don't you drive that hunk of metal down and get what you want? We could honestly care less if you hate the Cummins or are a die hard Ford fan. Don't fall off your horse yet but I think I can say for a good portion of us here that we don't want to see any more bickering in your posts.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

Thanks
Nate.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:19 PM

Np, im not trying to jump down his throat i'm just simply stating the obvious. I've read several posts over the past few weeks and have seen Mr.Cook chime in his 2 cents, & in almost every thread it started something like this thread were posting in here. I understand this is a fourm and your more then welcome to voice your opinion but for pete's sake if it's always going to be negative please refrain from posting it.

I don't want any one to take offense to this because we should all be able to discuss the topic of automotive issues like adults, so lets start doing so.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:31 PM

I beleive this thread has well ran it's course and then some. It needs to get yanked to the pit stop.

***In response to acooks post***

Great, im filled with joy that you like your Cummins, drive that sucker until you can feel wind comming in your cab from the holes of the floorboard. In response to your comment about the solution of your posts. How am I supposed to know you made a snide remark in a thread by a different thread starter? Exactly, im not. So why even chime in your 2 cents if everything you have to say on a Dodge site is about a Dmax or a PS? I don't even want to continue on w/ this. Were all feeding a dead horse here, yourself included.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

words from you.

Originally Posted by acook
Post like this are pointless, if you dont like them, dont buy them instead of posting and cloging space about them being crap. I think both chevy and ford are outselling dodge so their doing something right. I got the chance to drive a new LBZ the other day and i was more impressed with that then my 5.9, if i didnt have so much money into my truck id get a 6.0 or a 6.6.

words from you
Old 10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

Amen.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:08 PM

So my truck only really only has 6 cylinders I guess I should have bought a f**d

Quick Reply: difference between cummins and powerjoke