3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diesel Shops in Edmonton, Alberta Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Shops in Edmonton, Alberta Canada?

Hi!

I'm looking to see if anyone could suggest any GOOD shops in Edmonton, Alberta Canada that can (would) install aftermarket products.

I know there is NADP, but they seem awfully busy. I'd like to find/support a smaller shop. It's easier to develop a working relationship with a smaller shop.

For right now, I'm just looking to have a bigger fuel tank installed with a FASS or Airdog fuel system.

In the future, I'd want to get a new tranny, head studs, injectors, twin turbos, etc. installed.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 PM

NADP is the only place I would take my truck, They are busy for a reason, they are they best in Edmonton that I have heard of. When you are looking for a tranny buy there, they custom build them in house and they are bullet proof
Old 06-15-2009, 12:32 AM

And sometimes business are busy simply because they advertise a lot. I mean, peope take their cars to the dealership shops when in fact, there are smaller independent shops out there wih more tallent.

And as for waiting a few weeks to get NADP to install a fuel tank and filter system, it's is not worth the wait. (If I only had my own lift...)

The 4-5 times I have been to NADP to make purchases I got the vibe that they didn't care too much. And two of those times, customers had come in to talk about something wrong with their bullet-proof trannies. So I thought to try somewhere else for a change. Who knows, I might get burned at another shop...but that's why I am asking here.

Anyway, I recall someone the forum that referenced other shops here in Edmonton who could rebuild trannies just the same but without so much overhead. Maybe these same shops would do more than trannies, as was my thought...(if I could only find those old threads!)
Old 06-15-2009, 03:22 PM

I get the same feeling @ nadp, so your not alone. Guess thats why we have chocies in life. As far as anybody to install stuff, not sure. I do my repairs myself. From what I heard there is a top notch trans shop in Red Deer, its a smaller shop. I can get you the name. In edm heard A&C transmission a good trans shop. Out of prov to the west there is bd & DTT in the lower mainland.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Excell transmisson, Red Deer, AB.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:08 PM

armor inc is in red deer, great place, donavan always has time to answer questions/get prices. great shop all around. a shop on the rise comparable prices to nadp. they can get you anything you can possibly think of and install it too. even if you do your installs and foul it up(do dee do) they do everything they can to help a guy out.

Tel:403-346-9188
Email:donavan@armorinc.ca
Address:#2, 4621-63 St
Riverside Industrial Park
Red Deer, Alberta

trannies...nadp obviously makes good ones. nothing inside is their own though. they used to buy from a&c transmissions in edmonton. i have an A&C transmission and i have zero complaints. they have awesome knowledgeable staff, custom made parts there (hell even take you on tour), the customer service is phenominal. bob clarke is the owner and kevin is his son, both stand up awesome guys, quick service and they take the time to explain every part of the transmission to you no matter how long it takes. cant say enough good about those guys obviously.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will second Excell Transmissions in Red Deer. As for other installs most of them you can do yourself, or even get together on the weekend with some of the guys in or around you and they can help you out.
The guys on the Alberta Chapter are an awesoem group who can answer your questions, assist you in the worst situations and also show you the easy way to do it.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:59 PM

This was my post from last year!!!!
Went to NADP first and was treated let's just say "less than desirable" or like dirt. - Then posted this.

Well boys, I just can't bring myself to deal with NADP.
I stopped in at Mr. Transmission (2 blocks away) today and talked to him (Glenn) about a full build. Much to my delight they just finished one yesterday. Redline triple clutches, valve body and supporting shafts and all. He informed me that they have a new flushing device that hot flushes the entire system rads and all. He will give a 2yr. 60,000 km warranty.
He has rebuilt a 98 stocker for me before and I had no issues with that job. Best of all he uses my tranny/housing not some 300k plus junkyard special that was brought back to life from some scrap yard.

Originally Posted by sjjjojjj
NADP is the only place I would take my truck, They are busy for a reason, they are they best in Edmonton that I have heard of. When you are looking for a tranny buy there, they custom build them in house and they are bullet proof
Old 06-15-2009, 06:02 PM

I purchased a Banks High Ram at Edmonton Fleet (by Flying J on 170) I think they install also - good prices don't know about the service side.

Originally Posted by EdmontonCanada
Hi!

I'm looking to see if anyone could suggest any GOOD shops in Edmonton, Alberta Canada that can (would) install aftermarket products.

I know there is NADP, but they seem awfully busy. I'd like to find/support a smaller shop. It's easier to develop a working relationship with a smaller shop.

For right now, I'm just looking to have a bigger fuel tank installed with a FASS or Airdog fuel system.

In the future, I'd want to get a new tranny, head studs, injectors, twin turbos, etc. installed.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 PM

Dude you have to relax, you asked a question I gave you my opinion, apparently it is wrong in your mind. I have a few buds with thier trannies, and no problems, but anything can be destroyed if you abuse it. so you have a nice day and try a positive attitude when dealing with the shops, they appreciate it. good luck
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 PM

Yes cdndd...that was the post!

I really appreciate the leads from everyone...there's nothing like word-of-mouth recommendations.

And I'd go to Red Deer without a problem...heck...earlier this year I bought a Carli suspension and had it installed: HRT Offroad in Okotoks!!! Guys from ONTARIO had even driven to that shop for suspension upgrades! Crazy.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 PM

I think it's a safe bet ignoring NADP. Glad to see I am not alone thinking they are retards. Talked to one a couple years ago about some things, the guy didnt know his head from his a$$, would never dream of going to NADP. Their attitude is just terrible.

However, yet to find a decent shop or parts place local, seems like you must order from the states.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 AM

X2 on that

Originally Posted by Mocho
I think it's a safe bet ignoring NADP. Glad to see I am not alone thinking they are retards. Talked to one a couple years ago about some things, the guy didnt know his head from his a$$, would never dream of going to NADP. Their attitude is just terrible.

However, yet to find a decent shop or parts place local, seems like you must order from the states.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Altitude adjustments in red deer is really good. When i had questions ( and i had lots) they took the time to explain things. Eric really knows his stuff and good to deal with.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by 69nova
Altitude adjustments in red deer is really good. When i had questions ( and i had lots) they took the time to explain things. Eric really knows his stuff and good to deal with.
X2 for Altitude...