3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diesel Pie

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which foothills are you from? just being nosy
Old 03-11-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by nelrod
Hey Lark, I am not an official Iron Butt Motorcycle member, but I did ride 8800 mile in 25 days once. I drove straight from K.City, to home, about 1100 or 1200 miles in 25 hrs. And twice straight from Kennebunkport to here in western nc. When I am on road by self and time to go home, I like to keep on going. Me and a buddy rode from North side of Lake Ontario straight home once too. I'm no expert, but your plan looks good, and you could add a cool blue hose. Funny thing---now the cool blue hose comes in red and black too. I got red.
I prefer to ride by myself as well. I used to do the big group thing and now it feels kinda silly. A couple years ago I took a solo 5,000 mile / 8 day trip on a KTM 950 across the eastern U.S. and over the top of the Great Lakes in Canada and back home. It was almost all 2-lane backroads that I had loaded in advance on the GPS. By far the best trip I've ever taken - a lot of time to think about life...and turbos!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by morkable
The 95 fass will be plenty for anything you can or want to do. It is amazing how the fass systems will hold the pressure, even when the cp3 has gone way beyond its limits. (I know from experience) If you go with that turbo, dont even hesitate, get head studs!! You will need them, no question. A couple of other suggestions, look towards the Dr Performance predator instead of the ez, and be prepared for a cp3 upgrade in the near future with all those mods.

Oh and one more thing, when getting the tranny, make sure you get a new flexplate, like a suncoast or ats unit. I fully recommend the suncoast unit

Kevin
I don't know anything about the FASS, I was just told that if you want to keep up with sacked boxes and injectors you need a 150.
As far as studs, he doesn't necessarily need them. It's a wastegated turbo. He can run it at 30psi if he wants.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
...It's a wastegated turbo. He can run it at 30psi if he wants.
I'll definately want to run higher than 30, but probably nothing higher than 50.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:34 PM

I thought that too,,, lol,, yeah right,, crank that baby, it is a disease. It lasted about 3 days. And at 50 that is the threshold of troubles.

Im not saying that you absolutely need them, but I personally would never go without them at that level.

JMHO

Kevin
Old 03-11-2007, 05:17 PM

I thought that too,,, lol,, yeah right,, crank that baby, it is a disease. It lasted about 3 days. And at 50 that is the threshold of troubles.

Im not saying that you absolutely need them, but I personally would never go without them at that level.

JMHO

Kevin
I agree 110%. My point was simply that the $$ for studs is not an absolute necessity with the list of mods he had, if dealing with a budget.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:18 PM

JMHO

Kevin
I agree 110%. My point was simply that the $$ for studs is not an absolute necessity with the list of mods he had, if dealing with a budget.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:19 PM

well Lark i'm doing about the same thing as you. i have the edge hot juice and ez stack already, big line kit and 392 walbro compatition kit, afe stage 2 intake, silver line ansa dual 4" exhaust. hts full billet tranny is next then injectors and turbo. i'm thinking about doing the DIY CP3 mod. i'm pretty sure that i'm pretty close to 500 hp if not over that mark already.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:23 PM

How do you like that setup? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by skynyrd
well Lark i'm doing about the same thing as you. i have the edge hot juice and ez stack already, big line kit and 392 walbro compatition kit, afe stage 2 intake, silver line ansa dual 4" exhaust. hts full billet tranny is next then injectors and turbo. i'm thinking about doing the DIY CP3 mod. i'm pretty sure that i'm pretty close to 500 hp if not over that mark already.
Do you have any turbo upgrades and if so what are they? I am going to have about the same set up except for the Ez I have a MP-8, come a week or so. I want to get the aurora 3000 like OmahaRam or something similar wishing to make it into twins within a year. I have a dyno day planned at the end of April. I just hope to keep egt's below 1450 with stock turbo by the time rpm's run out. I get pretty hot without HOT program which I will have tommorow.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:51 PM

i like the setup so far only problem i have is the stock tranny doesn't like it at all. so i haven't been really able to play with it much. so tranny is next then injectors and a turbo i'm thinking of twins but not really sure yet and of course head studs.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by skynyrd
well Lark i'm doing about the same thing as you. i have the edge hot juice and ez stack already...
Did you notice a difference when you stacked the EZ? Any fuel pop-off valve issues with the increased pressure?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:07 PM

nah i haven't had and issues with the ez being on there and i ahve ran it on level 3 a bunch of times. i normally run it on level 2 for daily driving. but it did help with the lower end power.