3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diesel Pie

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Pie

After neglecting my wife, ignoring my girlfriend, putting the kid to bed early, and blowing your tax dollars by spending countless hours on this web site while at work, I finally have the ingredients I'm happy with to bake my diesel pie. I'm not so much looking for anyone's blessing, or even to be told I'd get more power if I went a different route, but rather bring to my attention anything from the ingredients below that has been proven to not work well together with the other ingredients. Here it goes...
  • Edge Juice w/ Attitude HOT (timing and duration)
  • Edge EZ (mild pressure box)
  • HTT Super Stock 62/14 Stainless Steel Turbo (not yet released)
  • FASS 95
  • DTT Transmission to be installed by James Northum
  • ATS 2-Piece Exhaust Manifold
  • Magnaflow 30" Muffler
  • K&N Oversized Air Filter w/ Airbox Modification
When all that's said and done, I think I'll call it quits. It's just too easy to go on and on and on...

So...do I have warm apple pie (this is funny if you've seen the movie, otherwise I won't explain it ), or a Sarah Lee frozen pile of mush?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:47 PM

That route looks good to me. I want to do something similar.
-GDP 392 instead of FASS
-Goerend Tranny
-MBRP muffler (already on)
-AFE Stage 2 (already on)

Other than that pretty much the same for everything else. If you get your stuff before I do tell me how it works out.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lark
After neglecting my wife, ignoring my girlfriend, putting the kid to bed early, and blowing your tax dollars by spending countless hours on this web site while at work, I finally have the ingredients I'm happy with to bake my diesel pie. I'm not so much looking for anyone's blessing, or even to be told I'd get more power if I went a different route, but rather bring to my attention anything from the ingredients below that has been proven to not work well together with the other ingredients. Here it goes...
  • Edge Juice w/ Attitude HOT (timing and duration)
  • Edge EZ (mild pressure box)
  • HTT Super Stock 62/14 Stainless Steel Turbo (not yet released)
  • FASS 95
  • DTT Transmission to be installed by James Northum
  • ATS 2-Piece Exhaust Manifold
  • Magnaflow 30" Muffler
  • K&N Oversized Air Filter w/ Airbox Modification
When all that's said and done, I think I'll call it quits. It's just too easy to go on and on and on...

So...do I have warm apple pie (this is funny if you've seen the movie, otherwise I won't explain it ), or a Sarah Lee frozen pile of mush?
If you are stuck on FASS, why not do the 150, it will give you the opportunity to throw something else in down the road if you want, like a downloader or injectors.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Outstanding!!!

Looks good, I think you might be happier with a Walbro fuel pump from glacier diesel.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by blh1972
Looks good, I think you might be happier with a Walbro fuel pump from glacier diesel.
Ditto...

And what is the DTT going to run you(and installation), just curious and I know there arent many diesel tranny guys around here...
Old 03-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Forget the K&N filter and get a more diesel designed filter. (AFE, workhorse, BHAF)

Other wise I would go Glacier Diesel as well.

And other than that looks good!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:13 PM

I will have a similar setup at the first of May. I am hoping on at least 500/1050 at the rear wheels. I think that will be enough too, this stuff is more addictive than dipping. Hey man don't forget about studs, yes it's true, you probably don't need them, but it sure will be nice to crank up that wastegate and let that mother scream. Jay
Old 03-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by blh1972
I've been on the fence as to which one.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by subspd
Forget the K&N filter and get a more diesel designed filter. (AFE, workhorse, BHAF)

The over-sized in-air-box K&N is designed for diesels. Says so on the box, so it must be true!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by subspd

All I have is a Summit drop in filter. The only thing a AFE set up will get you is a lot of noise.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:49 AM

The 95 fass will be plenty for anything you can or want to do. It is amazing how the fass systems will hold the pressure, even when the cp3 has gone way beyond its limits. (I know from experience) If you go with that turbo, dont even hesitate, get head studs!! You will need them, no question. A couple of other suggestions, look towards the Dr Performance predator instead of the ez, and be prepared for a cp3 upgrade in the near future with all those mods.

Oh and one more thing, when getting the tranny, make sure you get a new flexplate, like a suncoast or ats unit. I fully recommend the suncoast unit

Kevin
Old 03-11-2007, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by omaharam
...The only thing a AFE set up will get you is a lot of noise.
AMEN!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by morkable
The 95 fass will be plenty for anything you can or want to do. It is amazing how the fass systems will hold the pressure, even when the cp3 has gone way beyond its limits. (I know from experience) If you go with that turbo, dont even hesitate, get head studs!! You will need them, no question. A couple of other suggestions, look towards the Dr Performance predator instead of the ez, and be prepared for a cp3 upgrade in the near future with all those mods.

Oh and one more thing, when getting the tranny, make sure you get a new flexplate, like a suncoast or ats unit. I fully recommend the suncoast unit

Kevin
Mork, thanks for the feedback. You're posts have been a big contributor to what I've learned on this site.

Two of the big players I've spoken to is Big Diesel Power and Floor It Diesel - both installers of the HTT turbos. I'm actually planning on visiting Floor It Diesel this summer for the turbo and manifold install. Both places have told me with this setup head studs are not necessary, nor is an upgraded CP3. I thought for sure Floor It Diesel would say just the opposite since a big part of their business is upgrading CP3's, but he was honest with me and said I didn't need it for what I'm doing. However, I'll run it by him again just to make sure - thanks!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Looking at doing almost the same setup. I already have:

Edge Juice w/ Attitude HOT (timing and duration)
Airaid Intake

Made 397.5 hp/737.3 tq on 2/17/07 on dynojet w/o hot flash. Looking to add:

Edge EZ
Turbo (not sure what yet, open for suggestions!)
Glacier w/big line kit
Billet shaft tranny w/flexplate (probably from Phil (McMopar))
5" exhaust
Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 AM

Thumbs up

Hey Lark, I am not an official Iron Butt Motorcycle member, but I did ride 8800 mile in 25 days once. I drove straight from K.City, to home, about 1100 or 1200 miles in 25 hrs. And twice straight from Kennebunkport to here in western nc. When I am on road by self and time to go home, I like to keep on going. Me and a buddy rode from North side of Lake Ontario straight home once too. I'm no expert, but your plan looks good, and you could add a cool blue hose. Funny thing---now the cool blue hose comes in red and black too. I got red.

Quick Reply: Diesel Pie