3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Did Juice w/Attitude kill my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, looks like most of them are fuel related errors. (not sure what the Crank Position error means) But they all look like failures to me. Like low voltage errors. Can that still mean the pump itself has failed. It almost looks like the output to control the pump has failed. I might be reading more into it than is really needed.

So I'm sure once I get to the dealer they're going to tell me the Juice put extra demands on the fuel delivery system and thus cause the premature failure. (no warranty) So if it's actually the physical pump, it can't be that difficult to replace. I should be able to pick one up (hopefully a better after-market version) locally.

Ken
Old 01-08-2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by MoparKen
Wow, looks like most of them are fuel related errors. (not sure what the Crank Position error means) But they all look like failures to me. Like low voltage errors. Can that still mean the pump itself has failed. It almost looks like the output to control the pump has failed. I might be reading more into it than is really needed.

So I'm sure once I get to the dealer they're going to tell me the Juice put extra demands on the fuel delivery system and thus cause the premature failure. (no warranty) So if it's actually the physical pump, it can't be that difficult to replace. I should be able to pick one up (hopefully a better after-market version) locally.

Ken

Well for my experiences a genuine cummins one is no more money than an after market one .. and also take all you edge stuff off before you go to the dealer.. i can guarentee it would have failed even if you hadn't put the box on the truck !! but maybe the box helped it along !!!

good luck .. keep us posted
Old 01-08-2006, 03:36 PM

Well, because of logistics I'll take it to a friend close-by who has his own shop. The dealer I trust is nearly 20 miles away and my friends shop is only 2. Seeing as I'll have to tow it there, the shortest route makes the most sense. Plus, if I take it to my friends shop I won't have to remove all the Edge stuff. The hardest part would be undoing al the dressed up wiring getting to the A pillar mount for the Attitude.

I also think I'm probably out of warranty range anyway. When I bought the truck new I did not go for the extended warranty package. I figured a Mopar has not let me down in over 30 years, why would one start now. If I recall the basic warranty is 3/36 and I'm at 40k miles now.

Ken
Old 01-08-2006, 03:42 PM

Lift pump and CP3 are covered under the 5/100 powertrain warranty. But if you want to go through and spend a little coin, check out SuperDuty's post on the board about his lift pump/CP3 pump fix. I'll be doing that to my truck at some point.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:18 PM

fuel systems

Not to hyjack as this is rather related but how do you guys like that FASS system? I keep hearing about brushes going out early on those as well.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:25 PM

Well, just found out it's the ECM (ugh). Apparently the ECM provides voltage to the fuel/lift pump when the key is turned to the 'on' position but goes away when turned to 'start' and doesn't come back when key returns to 'on' postion. Which explains why it would start and run for about 2 seconds then stop. So now it's off to the dealer.

Ken
Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 PM

Be sure and put an 1/8 inch pipe plug in your manifold if you take the egt probe out!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 PM

Be sure and put an 1/8 inch pipe plug in your manifold if you take the egt probe out!!!!
Yep, was planning to do that. Also looking to see if Cummins will warranty the ECM w/o having to go to the dealer. Cummins West is about a mile down the street and the Dodge dealer is close to 20 miles away. Will know more in the morning.

You just don't realize how much you rely on your truck until it's down. (geez)

2004.5 CTD, SLT, Heavy Duty, Quad Cab, LWB, 4x4, 48re.
It's a working truck.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:04 PM

Edge EZ 03 Dodge w/boost elbow Help

I have ordered an Edge EZ EZD 1000C W/Boost elbow, for my 03 Dodge Standard output. I will be installing it my self. Any suggestion? I am not a hammer foot. I pull a 27ft 5th wheel camper. Just want a little more HP. Thanks
Old 01-09-2006, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by MoparKen
Yep, was planning to do that. Also looking to see if Cummins will warranty the ECM w/o having to go to the dealer. Cummins West is about a mile down the street and the Dodge dealer is close to 20 miles away. Will know more in the morning.

You just don't realize how much you rely on your truck until it's down. (geez)

It's a working truck.

i maybe wrong .. but i think the ecm is a d/c item has nothing to do with cummins ..
Old 01-09-2006, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by swansong04
i maybe wrong .. but i think the ecm is a d/c item has nothing to do with cummins ..
I thought the same thing, but hey, what's the worse they can say, NO? Then it's off to the dealer. It's unfortunate they're so far away but I refuse to do business with the dealer who is closer. (they screwed me over several years ago) So by choice I travel a little farther to get treated better.

I'll keep updating this thread with new info as I get it.

Ken
Old 01-09-2006, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Javahjoeo
I have ordered an Edge EZ EZD 1000C W/Boost elbow, for my 03 Dodge Standard output. I will be installing it my self. Any suggestion? I am not a hammer foot. I pull a 27ft 5th wheel camper. Just want a little more HP. Thanks
Installation under the hood was a breeze. Just insert the 3 injector plugs(one plug for evry two injectors), insert the map sensor and plug in the data link. Then hook up power and ground. I don't know if the EZ has a pyrometer but if so you'll need to drill and tap the exhaust manifold.

You may want to start a new thread asking the same question so the whole group can see it and respond.

Ken
Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Banned

"Well, just found out it's the ECM (ugh). Apparently the ECM provides voltage to the fuel/lift pump when the key is turned to the 'on' position but goes away when turned to 'start' and doesn't come back when key returns to 'on' postion."

Nope, that is wrong. If you turn the key on and leave it in the on position the pump will run for 2 seconds and stop. If you turn the key to crank the lift pump will start and run for 25 seconds and then shut off **IF IT DOESN'T SENSE THE ENGINE RUNNING". I went through all this when I installed my Cummins.

So... I think you've got one of two problems. Either the key isn't telling the ECM it is in the crank position OR the engine isn't telling the ECM it isn't turning over. GIven your crankshaft sensor errors, I suspect the later.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:55 AM

SuperDuty, I see what you're saying. In my frustration I'm failing to using my basic troublshooting skills. Just because the ECM isn't sending a signal to the fuel pump doesn't mean the ECM is bad. It could mean the ECM is not being told to send the signal.

P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor Performance., is the code that could really be causing the problem. Hopefully it's just the sensor that's bad. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a working truck.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:52 AM

well I did see that you posted the crank sensor was flashed 3 times.. Sounds like this was maybe already going out..

Quick Reply: Did Juice w/Attitude kill my truck?