3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Did I miss some rule about posting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I miss some rule about posting?

I have been lurking around here for a week or so trying to answer some of my own questions. I found some answers but couldnt find a couple others so I posted a thread asking for advice - wow I got no replies. So my question is did I miss a rule about posting or was my thread not response worthy? I dont want to offend anyone so sorry if I did.

If someone wants to give me advice I will still take it- 03, going to try and get 200-275 hp to the rear wheels what update do I need to the torque, flex and do I need to update the input, rearend, universals. (3.73) I am also going to add ladder bars.

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TALK
Old 02-13-2006, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
I have been lurking around here for a week or so trying to answer some of my own questions. I found some answers but couldnt find a couple others so I posted a thread asking for advice - wow I got no replies. So my question is did I miss a rule about posting or was my thread not response worthy? I dont want to offend anyone so sorry if I did.

If someone wants to give me advice I will still take it- 03, going to try and get 200-275 hp to the rear wheels what update do I need to the torque, flex and do I need to update the input, rearend, universals. (3.73) I am also going to add ladder bars.

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TALK
1st off! Welcome to the DTR! Glad to have you aboard. After reading you sig, I'd say your already @ the 275+ hp mark. You want need to upgrade anything for now, as long as you stay in that Hp range.

Tye

P.S. Sorry no one responded to your previous post. Sometimes post slip through without the right people with the right answer can respond.This is a great group of guys and gals here.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I think everyone was intimitated to post a comment the great Dan Marino. You are the football star right?

http://www.danmarino.com/
Old 02-13-2006, 08:20 AM

Well I thought I was only getting around 100 horse now. 90 hp Diablo, 10-15 out of the intake and ehaust. That would put me around 400 maybe? I have read where the 48RE will take around 400 horse with no modifications. I did have a valve body installed so things should hold up to around 450 horse now - maybe? But I want to hit 500-550 and I know that the tourque probably wont transfer that power to the rear or hold up under the strain. Now, I still am not sure about the gross HP and the Net HP to the rear wheels. How should a person figure that.
Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 08:27 AM

I figured you would have said "no one likes you thats why you didnt get a response" - "but I have some great news" - "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

Seriously though- I lived a lifelong dream this summer when my wife surprised me by taking me to the Hall of Fame GAme, the induction and a meeting with Dan- shook his hand and he signed a rookie card I had since I was 11 years old. Pulled it from the pack way back in 84 or 85 when I was in middle school.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:31 AM

I bumped your advice for my 03 back to the top for ya- chock full of my lack of information
Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
put more info in the subject lines.....
i usually figured if the subject line is so generic, the answer is generic, so some one else will answer it.

??

along with the thread hijack, Dan Marino tried to get a tour on our Submarine, our topside watch told him to go away. (this was back when Dan would have been welcomed on board)

Dan tried for 20 minutes to get this guy to let him on, he WOULD not.

so Dan walks off, Duty Chief walks up, says "hey, who was that in the Dan Marino jacket"

he about KILLED the topside watch.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by 04ctd
put more info in the subject lines.....
i usually figured if the subject line is so generic, the answer is generic, so some one else will answer it.

??

along with the thread hijack, Dan Marino tried to get a tour on our Submarine, our topside watch told him to go away. (this was back when Dan would have been welcomed on board)

Dan tried for 20 minutes to get this guy to let him on, he WOULD not.

so Dan walks off, Duty Chief walks up, says "hey, who was that in the Dan Marino jacket"

he about KILLED the topside watch.
Dont worry about hijacking with me-I am just glad I am getting some feedback. I always thought to much info in the subject was bad but will keep it in mind now. so what do you think the upgrades should be to the tranny?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:56 AM

Well, if you are looking for an extra 275hp to the rear wheels then you have lots of work to do. Stack a couple of boxes, get some injectors, build a new trans w/ billet shafts and drum, and a new turbo or turbos.
Since you are the great Dan Marino you may even get some members here to help you install all this stuff. Wow! I'm starstruck..........

Old 02-13-2006, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Well, if you are looking for an extra 275hp to the rear wheels then you have lots of work to do. Stack a couple of boxes, get some injectors, build a new trans w/ billet shafts and drum, and a new turbo or turbos.
Since you are the great Dan Marino you may even get some members here to help you install all this stuff. Wow! I'm starstruck..........

By interpreting what you said I am comming up with this. If a box is rated at 130 horse you cant get all 130 horse to the rear - right? If I add on the 130 gross horse to my HO 305 horse with my current mods what net will I get to the rear?

How do you figure the gross horse at motor to the net at the rear?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:31 PM

I think you lose like 15% at the rear wheels. The good thing is that the box is probably giving you those gains at the wheels. That's how most of them are advertised. Your truck is probably around 340-360hp and 650-700tq at the wheels with a 130hp box on it. Not too shabby. It took me two boxes to get there....
I think the 305 engines make around 260hp at the wheels.....
Old 02-13-2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I think you lose like 15% at the rear wheels. The good thing is that the box is probably giving you those gains at the wheels. That's how most of them are advertised. Your truck is probably around 340-360hp and 650-700tq at the wheels with a 130hp box on it. Not too shabby. It took me two boxes to get there....
I think the 305 engines make around 260hp at the wheels.....
okay I think I am getting somewhere now. The 15% info is something I have been looking for. Lets just say for the fun of it I got 350 horse at the wheels now and I add a shot of nos claiming 200 Horse.

Then I can figure 170 horse at the rear with the nos added on to the other mods to bring it in around 500 horse power.

Now I upgrade the inputshaft, flex plate and tourqe- but - what brand, what strength level is good for this horsepower?