3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DiabloSport Predator with Puck - U7134 - wrong tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DiabloSport Predator with Puck - U7134 - wrong tune?

Just received my new Predator U7134 unit this evening for my '06 (Predator and PowerPuck). I removed my BDDL CL tune, set the truck back to stock, installed the PowerPuck, then installed the Predator Extreme RKL tune.

Took the truck out for a spin and was a little disappointed. Compared to the BDDL CL tune, the Predator/PowerPuck does not seem all that powerful. Maybe I did not install the right tunes (I installed the PowerPuck tunes), but I cannot even break the tires loose. The truck did not have the same "zip" as the CL tune, and I really miss the low-end torque setting of the CL. The low-end grunt is not there even with the PowerPuck tune set on 90HP setting. Also, under WOT, I feel a slight "slip" that I never had with my CL (I have a built Goerend tranny).

Since I have heard so many good things about the Predator, I wonder if I downloaded the wrong tunes to my truck. Can someone with an '06 please give me some feedback on your experience with the Predator and PowerPuck tunes?

Thanks,
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM

I'd recommend you try the regular Extreme RKL tune as the stacker tune doesn't feel as powerful as the regular tune even with my PowerPDA turned all the way up. My max boost pressure is also 2-3 psi higher with the regular tune versus the stacker tune of the same level.

Also, I did a comparison of the rail pressure between the two tunes and they are identical and match stock rail pressure. I'd venture to guess the only real purpose of the stacker tunes is to limit the power output when stacking. Let us know how it turns out...
Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

The 7131 on 06 does raise pressure an will cause a rough idle. On the truck we checked the rp was 8600-9000 on extreme rkl and performance at idle. The stacker tune just takes some of the timimg out.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 PM

cl is rated at 230hp right? and this stack is worth about 200
Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the responses. Per MegaBOMB's comments, I put the regular Extreme RKL tune on this morning and the truck was much better. I did have a slight timing rattle at highway speeds - not bad, just more noticeable vs the CL tune. The regular tune seems to be much better than the puck tune. I was able to lay 50ft of rubber in the parking lot this morning - much better than last night.

Originally Posted by XtremeFlow
The 7131 on 06 does raise pressure an will cause a rough idle. On the truck we checked the rp was 8600-9000 on extreme rkl and performance at idle. The stacker tune just takes some of the timing out.
Thanks for that information. It looks like the regular Extreme RKL tune does have a slight rattle

Originally Posted by CATCRACKER2
cl is rated at 230hp right? and this stack is worth about 200
You are probably right, but I did not get this box for the (lack of) horsepower. I got it because the CL tune (with low-end torque option enabled) made my transmission shift bad. I was afraid of busting something due to the 1-2 mis-shifts.

All-in-all, I am more pleased with the unit now. I do miss the low-end torque setting of the CL tune, but this new box is more drivable (not as touchy on the pedal) and will probably save me fuel $$$ in the long run.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:41 AM

quad claims we could see an extra 20hp is we use a boost fooler? i thought i did not need on on an o3 since i have the tst elbow in...i am going to find out more info. I would say on your 06 you have to have it though ( not sure why)
Old 04-13-2007, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XtremeFlow
The 7131 on 06 does raise pressure an will cause a rough idle. On the truck we checked the rp was 8600-9000 on extreme rkl and performance at idle. The stacker tune just takes some of the timimg out.
What rail pressures were you seeing with just the power puck?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 AM

I'm glad that worked out for ya... Here's an official answer from Johan with Diablosports about the difference between the regular and stacker tunes:

The difference between the 2 tunes is not a direct pressure table it is one that will affect pressure indirectly and it will not increase max pressure just pressure down in the low rpm's, With a pressure box and that table adjusted it would throw a check engine light for low fuel pressure during cruise so hence we had to make that mod.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by surfram
What rail pressures were you seeing with just the power puck?
We didn't check it with puck yet this was using a TSTr49 on 0 just for rp gauge. Should have scanner back next week its off getting updated an will check with puck. On the track the diablo did make the truck 1/10 faster 60ft over BD C/L this is from the added pressure down low I assume but didn't pick up any more mph.