3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DiabloSport Predator Powerpuck Combo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DiabloSport Predator Powerpuck Combo?

I recently purchased the Diablo power puck combo and a quad boost fooler. I installed the Diablo Predator on the performance tune along with the Quad boost fooler, and did not install the power puck. My hand calculated mileage has increased from 14 to 17.2 in town, and that is with 37" tires, and the truck runs extremely well now.
Right now I plan on selling the power puck since the combo I have runs extremely well with plenty of take off power, great passing speed, and tows the boat much easier then stock. I do have the 48RE tranny.
Would there be any benefit for me to install the power puck? The Quad boost fooler instructions mentions not to tie it in with any other performance modules like the power puck. Would I need to remove the boost fooler if I did install the power puck? Right now my plans are to sale the power puck since the truck seems very happy with the current setup.
Any thoughts out there on the puck installation?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:52 PM

I am getting 21.8mpg and i am running a one off non stack custom tune with the puck off and on 50/50 (90hp when on). Try the puck on the higher setting your mileage should go up at least 1.5-3mpg when stacked. My experience anyways.........
Old 05-13-2007, 11:20 PM

If you still want to sell that puck, I got my Diablo when they first came out. Been thinking of getting one.

Lee
Old 05-14-2007, 04:24 AM

The benefit of the puck will be more bottom end power. The puck should do boost fooling, I think, in which case you would not need the boost fooler....
You probably would need a better LP to run that combo too...
Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 AM

puck does not do boost fooling.....this is for diablo . i like my diablo stack very smooth!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 AM

does anyone know what kinda modification you have to do the wastegate on the 03-04's to not get codes thrown....?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM

You just need a boost fooler if you already have the elbow...

I got to try this combo today and all I can say is WOW!!!!! That is the smoothest power curve I have felt from any single box or combo of boxes on any of the trucks I have modded.. Very, Very nice..... I had the Puck on low and the DL on the Performance setting which is next to the lowest setting with two settings higher. I didn't want to try the higher settings due to my clutch not liking that much power. I did not have a Boost fooler so all I could get was 30psi out of the HTB2 but it was still nice.......
Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM

so when they say the wastegate needs modification then they are reffering to the boost elbow?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:03 PM

Yes. And since I see I contradicted myself about the boost fooling, The Puck does not do boost fooling so a fooler is needed if you want the extra boost....
Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 PM

i agree with Dodgezilla, after having the TST on my truck and now having the Predator/Puck combo, the difference is night and day. the TST did not have the power at take off but after about 40 mph it was an animal, but with the stack the power is very linear, power is immediate all the way thru the powerband, it seems to work better for me since i have larger injectors and a larger turbo. and i coupled the stack with the boost fooler and i could not be happier, now all we need is for Diablo Sport to get off there a$$e$ and release the Trinity.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:30 PM

You can either get a needle valve and splice into the hose to manually adjust the boost or you can just put a plug in it and bypass it completely. 03-04.5 trucks dont use a boost fooler. I have my stock fan on right now while my hog is being rebuilt/gone thru and i just put a plug in it. It has actually had a plug in it since about 300 miles, no worries. BUT........, you dont want to hold max boost on a stock turbo (38-44psi) for too many extended amounts of time because sooner than later it WILL fail. Get a gauge if you dont have one. After 32-35psi is where you loose usable pressure and just cause premature failure.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by neverenough
You can either get a needle valve and splice into the hose to manually adjust the boost or you can just put a plug in it and bypass it completely. 03-04.5 trucks dont use a boost fooler. I have my stock fan on right now while my hog is being rebuilt/gone thru and i just put a plug in it. It has actually had a plug in it since about 300 miles, no worries. BUT........, you dont want to hold max boost on a stock turbo (38-44psi) for too many extended amounts of time because sooner than later it WILL fail. Get a gauge if you dont have one. After 32-35psi is where you loose usable pressure and just cause premature failure.
so your saying the 03-04.5 DONT USE a fooler......that is different from everything i have read. not trying to call you out, just want to know everything I can about what i do to the truck
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was getting 0234 (overboost) til I got the Quad BF. I couldn't tell any difference at all (after BF) on the 100hp but from what I understand, boost fooling isn't needed til about 30-32 psi which is where I run with the 100hp. Before the BF, regular Extreme ran 35 psi and ~1350 egt. Now, with the BF I run the extreme stack (without a Puck) and hit the same numbers as reg. Extreme did before the BF and SOTP feels the same as reg. Extreme did without the BF. So I looks like the BF is working at the higher level. I haven't tried reg. Extreme with the BF - I like my clutch! Craig
Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 PM

Are you using the Diablo to read boost? If so you need to subtract 14-15psi from your numbers which would make sense and put you in the 21 psi range. the Diablo reads APSI which includes the atmospheric pressure.

If you are not getting the 0234 code any longer then the boost fooler is working and you are running a lot more boost than the Diablo will show.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:43 AM

atmospheric pressure is usaully around 14.7 psi also known as psia......which is 0 psig (gauge pressure)

Quick Reply: DiabloSport Predator Powerpuck Combo?