3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diablo predator Question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo predator Question.

see i have the Diablo Predator on Extreme setting and i keep the Edge Juice with attitude on stock or level 1. only other thing i have is 5" exhaust and a home-made intake...and it never gets above 1350degrees..with the stock turbo. i have no idea why i dont have the same problems as everyone else? stock transmission also...but that will change soon.

also.. does anybody know which is better... do i use the power puck extreme tune because im using the edge also.. or should i just use the normal extreme tune and run the edge seperate? or for the guys that have this same stack... what do you do?

just trying to figure out what is faster and better....i did record a 14.1@104 on the Edge 1/4mile with the edge on stock and just the Predator extreme tune..spinning 4 wheel drive on the launch.( again.. stock turbo at stock boost, with intake and exhaust). i dont know how accurate the Edge is.. but my truck did run a 14.86@94mph with the edge on level 5 WITHOUT the predator flash...so i would guess its gotta be pretty close.

let me know

Thanks
Old 01-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, that doesn't sound like high enough egt. You might try another pryo. I had a plain-jane direct read pyro on my 97. No transducer, just a TC and TC extension wire hooked to a simple gauge (milivolt gauge with a temp converted face). I don't remember the brand but it wasn't Isspro. Then I switched to Isspro EV (transducer type that doesn't require TC extension wire for the extension) and egt was 150* higher with the EV. I'm not so sure every pyrometer vendor knows what they're doing when they add extension wires and "reference" junctions. Calibrating for the reference junction is paramount! I'd rather believe the EV without the reference junction under the hood - of all places. Anyway, they don't all read the same! Someday I will check my EV against my Fluke digital. Craig
Old 01-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Now keep in mind Idont have a stock turbo, but I was running 2 probes, pre and post. And with the edge on 5 and the predator on performance (the middle non stacking tune) it never went over 1200 ever. But alot of that is due to the better turbo

Kevin
Old 01-27-2007, 04:45 PM

ok... so what is the better tune to be on? and should i be using the Diablo power-puck extreme setting because im running the edge on level one as well?. as far as the EGT goes.. im really not sure what going on. it was about 100 degrees colder with the Edge on 5 and no flash... so with the edge on 1 and the Predator on Extreme...it only gained 100degrees. also, this truck ran a 14.8 with a 2.0 60'ft time. i have not seen any other 3rd gen trucks with intake, exhaust, and an Edge run anything faster than 15.2??? this truck just seems faster than it should be at this level. when its in lock-out it will break the tires loose at around 70mph if the road has had ANY moisture... i mean like a light drizzle for 5 seconds.. its just weird.

but let me know what tune combos you people have had success with.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:17 AM

well.. i went out tonight and put the Diablo Extreme tune in it( not the power puck extreme) and it went faster with a lot more smoke out the rear. i recorded a 13.8@104mph still loosing traction in 4x4 mode with the edge on level 3 now(15%backdown and 9% slip). but my EGT's will start to back down the Edge because they are climbing over 1350-1400ish by lock-out.

but im pretty happy.... i know that the trans wont really last too much longer, but i have in all honesty beat the hell out of it and im surprised that its lasted as good as it has( knock on wood). i think without loosing traction and with the Edge backing down...i think she has a 13.6 in her or so. i'll have to wait till spring and run it at the track..but the Edge is pretty accurate from what i have experienced with so far.

just thought this might help a few people out. gotta love how much fuel the Diablo throws out..my truck looks like a coal train coming down the road, i couldnt imagine having a bigger turbo and waiting for it to spool up.

see ya guys.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:09 AM

New tranny, boosted launch you will see high 12's with that combo. Hot juice and turbo mid 12's

Kevin
Old 01-28-2007, 08:49 AM

05SilvBullt.... looks like our combos are very similar except you have 5" exhaust and I have built tranny... I don't run the edge either. I don't understand how the Edge would help keep your egt's down. My combo gets way hot way quick... Can't be just the edge box helping you... Another thing I'm thinking is my billet triple disc converter is loading the engine far harder and earlier than a stock converter/trans ever could, so that extra load means more fuel, more heat??? Anyone agree?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:32 AM

yea i agree completly.. my stock convertor is slipping pretty good, the only time my rpms drop off of 3100rpms is when i hit 4th gear lock-out. other than that 1st through 3rd just sits at 3100rpms. is this normal?... does anybody elses trans shift like that?

i dont know why my EGT's were so low before with the power-puck extreme tune and the edge on level 1. but now with the normal Extreme tune and the edge on level 3 they are getting a lot hotter...obviously moee fuel is being added.

I should have a New AEM bruteforce intake here on tuesday, i put in in my signature allready, but i only had a K&N filter with the big black intake tube ported out....everything else stock with the intake to turbo. im hoping that i will be able to get a lot more air to meet the fuel with a really good intake system, that should help my EGT's a little bit.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:10 AM

With just the Edge I dropped my EGT's by probably 100* when I added the AEM.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by bighornram
With just the Edge I dropped my EGT's by probably 100* when I added the AEM.
wow, that would be pretty cool( literally)...LOL. maybe with the other Diablo stack it will cool down even more. i have gotta be getting close to the limit of the stock turbo as far as CFM numbers and cooling effect. i would imagine the truck would be around 425rwhp and somewhere around 800rwtq...but im not really sure.

thanks for the responses guys...i have been on a good amount of forums, and i must say that this forum is the best for people helping other people and quick responses. keep it up and i'll buy another Cummins...jk, but funny.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Stupid question but what does the Edge box do on it's different levels?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:46 AM

increases hp and torque like every other box. the Edge has 5 different levels of power that you can change on the fly( while driving).

Level 0: Stock
Level 1: 25 Horsepower - 80 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 2: 40 Horsepower - 120 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3: 60 Horsepower - 150 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 4: 80 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 5: 100 Horsepower - 250 Foot Pounds of Torque

and then you can get it upgraded to the "HOT" version, which then takes level 5 and makes it 180horsepower and 440 foot pounds of torque.

plus you can monitor all your components and guages too.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:20 PM

Do any of these boxs add pressure? I just ordered the Edge Juice w/ attitude and im unsure how to run it for everyday driving. I dont want to ever mess with the predator again, just put one tune in and leave it alone. The juice is the one I want to be changing. I want something thats a great driving combo like the predator on tune 2 and then just hit the button and the power is there when I want it. I also read that the middle tune you are not supposed to stack, and then I read that its not good to keep the predator on the extreme tune, so that would leave that itty bitty towing tune and I dont see the point of keeping the predator at all if its only giving me 40 horse. Am I missing something????
Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 AM

I did a bunch of dyno testing, and the I got the most hp running the diablo on extreme stacking, and edge on 5. Just so you know

Kevin