3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diablo Predator and quad help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diablo Predator and quad help!

i already have a quad box that is pressure only and i want add a predator to the quad. i have no idea about this combo. i would just run a predator tune and when i wanted more turn up the box. what tune would i need and would it come already on the predator new? am i going to need anything else to run this?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you buy the regular predator, you will need to downoad the stacker tunes from diablo's website, the predators that are part of the stack kit come preloaded with stacker tunes that have less pressure
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 PM

where is a good place to buy?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM

The predator come with 3 tunes, tow and performance use no pressure, so you can use them right away with your quad. Extreme uses some pressure. I have ran there tunes that had pressure with some mild pressure from my quad. There are many other tunes that u can download after you buy the predator. I think I have 7 tunes total on mine right now. Can't remember who I bought mine from but I think I got it for $330 delivered.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 PM

Talking

theres a few in the classifieds on here for a good price with cables and stuff,for the 03 early 04s the pred is anawsome tuner with lots of custom tunes for free.it also does lots of diagnostics too,for the price nothing else can touch it for the pre 04.5s
Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by duallydave
theres a few in the classifieds on here for a good price with cables and stuff,for the 03 early 04s the pred is anawsome tuner with lots of custom tunes for free.it also does lots of diagnostics too,for the price nothing else can touch it for the pre 04.5s
what settings are you running on? i need to know where to start. do your egt get up pretty high? i have gauges but just trying to figure out whats normal.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by trik396
The predator come with 3 tunes, tow and performance use no pressure, so you can use them right away with your quad. Extreme uses some pressure. I have ran there tunes that had pressure with some mild pressure from my quad. There are many other tunes that u can download after you buy the predator. I think I have 7 tunes total on mine right now. Can't remember who I bought mine from but I think I got it for $330 delivered.
you seem to know alot about the diablo, i think i might have alot of questions for you in the near future.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:31 PM

Talking

i run the extreme rkl stacker with no timing added,i dont know if my quad has timing added so i didnt want to take any chances,and the quad on 50 or low i guess,egts and smoke are silly on anything higher,stacking anything with the pred will need a larger turbo to perform well.im pretty easy on my truck but i can see my turbo crappin out with this stack.the pred has lots of choices for tunes to stack with.try one out you wont be disapoited.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by bsj04
you seem to know alot about the diablo, i think i might have alot of questions for you in the near future.
Well, in 12 hours I will be out of country for at least 2 weeks. So you if you can hold on till then, I'd be happy to help.

DuallyDave, I cannot imagine running extreme RKL on a stock turbo. I just can't. I bet your throttle response is absolutely wicked... and you egt's kinda toasty...
Old 08-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Talking

throttle response is very quick and egts are very fast to go high,im pretty easy on her,i could probelay run a much lower tune but i like to step on her once in awhile.to get the tru power from the pred and any stack{even pred by itself}should probaly ahve a larger turbo.