3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diablo Predator 2003-05 Programmers are OUT!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torq limiter

Originally Posted by Mixer Man
This is perfect for me has throttle response like it should have been from DC and very little smoke . Trans shifts ALOT better due to torque limiters being disabled I think but it is real easy on the drivetrain and oh so smooth !!!! I am tickled pink with this thing just waiting for some input from the others with it . I run the 90 hp perf/econo tune daily and it is perfect with no codes or lights on .
Is the torq limiter gone on the 3rd to od shift??
Old 05-05-2006, 10:18 PM

good news

just ordered mine from PDQ today friday the 5th. It will be here tomorrow let you know how it stacks with the Edge juice and also find out that it does not mess with rail pressure at all and that is straight from diablo i think his name was kole,not sure, but he was very straight foward about the product and wanted to know as much feedback as he could get so the can have more downloads available. let you know what it does tomorrow around 2 a clock georgia time.BTW taking the EZ off and selling it if anybody wants it send me a PM.Hope I'm not supposed to say that on here sorry if I'm not

C-ya,bigsilver
Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
I have the six -shooter so I am not sure . Hey Pat you aware of anywhere around here that is selling B-20 ? Taking a roadtrip to Jeff City when my RDS toolbox/tank combo gets here and loading up on a 100 gals of the good stuff !!
Old 05-06-2006, 05:52 AM

B-20

Originally Posted by Mixer Man
I have the six -shooter so I am not sure . Hey Pat you aware of anywhere around here that is selling B-20 ? Taking a roadtrip to Jeff City when my RDS toolbox/tank combo gets here and loading up on a 100 gals of the good stuff !!
I'd try MCS. Keith has it or can get it. He's building a new shop at the Gray Summit exit on the South/East corner and off the access road. Still in Eureka right now though.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:10 PM

I am still figuring this thing out, but I have been running the extreme program for a couple days and its not slipping the trans. They have done something to affect the torque limiters though. The transmissions shifts smoother and quicker and feels bettern than from the factory. As far as the 3rd to od shift the limiter is still there sometimes, but not near as often. I haven't figured out how to set it off yet as it has only happened once after about 30 3-4 shifts. So if you are talking about the "hiccup" shift as I call it, it is practically gone.

This programmer is working great for me, the best improvement over others that I noticed is that it had finished programming in under five minutes.

Also, has anyone tried the boost live data setting?
Does anyone know if the output signal for this is giving absolute pressure instead of gage pressure like a mechanical gauge?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by blakedill

This programmer is working great for me, the best improvement over others that I noticed is that it had finished programming in under five minutes.

Also, has anyone tried the boost live data setting?
Does anyone know if the output signal for this is giving absolute pressure instead of gage pressure like a mechanical gauge?
i've been pleased with it too and i've been running it with my juice and
on 5x5 it makes alot of smoke and moves quick alot better then anything I've tried and that with diablo on extreme. But I did the same with the boost and I don't know eithier but i'll call tomorrow and let you know what he says. The TC mangement from Idle is still there is there a way to get rid of it with the diablo? I'll ask tomorrow about that too and also see if I can get release some of the downloads they have for it
Old 05-08-2006, 05:18 AM

Diable Predator

Originally Posted by bigsilver
i've been pleased with it too and i've been running it with my juice and
on 5x5 it makes alot of smoke and moves quick alot better then anything I've tried and that with diablo on extreme. But I did the same with the boost and I don't know eithier but i'll call tomorrow and let you know what he says. The TC mangement from Idle is still there is there a way to get rid of it with the diablo? I'll ask tomorrow about that too and also see if I can get release some of the downloads they have for it
What else have you run and what are you comparing with?
Old 05-08-2006, 05:23 AM

Arent the juice and the diablo the same idea as far as remapping the ecm? Would you want to stack it with a pressure box?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 PM

What else have you run and what are you comparing with?
OT-OF-here I've ran the EZ on 70 and the bullydog powerpup and the diablo is TO ME the best I've run
Old 05-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

AK RAM,

Doubt it as they are pretty "close to the vest" on their info, had a hard time getting them to tell me it was timing and duration as it is.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned

Mixer Man,

Hey great we just got some more in yesterday too, so far all the owners have sent back nothing but positive feedback too!

FYI, there will be a special "Stack" tune available down the road that will be free off of their site. It is specifiaclly designed for their Power Puck but will work great I suspect with the MP8 or other products too.

Looks like this is the next HOT item for the common rails!!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-09-2006, 09:56 AM

Will they be releasing this for the '06 anytime soon?
Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Banned

MegaBOMB,

Yes they wouldn't give me a date but soon is the word.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-09-2006, 01:33 PM

I will be awaiting more reviews on this one.. sounds NICE!
Scott
Old 05-09-2006, 02:14 PM

So what does it do for the 2003/2004 305/555 crowd that the TripleDog doesn't? What have you heard about a high power calibration similar to a Crazy Larry?

Andy

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator 2003-05 Programmers are OUT!!