3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diablo Predator 2003-05 Programmers are OUT!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abc4yew
King D, What did your rail pressure peak at and sustain under WOT and 3/4 pedal. ks
on 2x3 with the tst it is around 22000,with just the diablo extreme it holds that same pressure.on i hope to hit the dyno tommorrow and get some diablo numbers
Old 05-03-2006, 05:17 PM

Called and ordered yesterday at noon and that baby is in my grubby lil hands less than 24 hrs later.............. Mark you "DA MAN " !!!!! Have only run the middle tune as my pyro is acting goofy and with the perf/econo tune all I can say is WOW !!! Lays a scratch in every gear without trying and I see a lil smoke now not too bad but man sure wakes this baby up . Haven't ran the diagnostics yet but this thing is well worth the $$$ just for the slew of parameters you can follow and record in real time . Thanks again Mark I am a very happy customer
Old 05-03-2006, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by king d
well i went to the dyno over the weekend but due to some problems i didnt get to dyno the predator,after my first run on the dyno we thought the motor was trying to run away so i opted to not dyno the pred.however i have been using it to look at rail psi to see what is going on with my truck.i like the rail pressure ,the cylinder contribution levels and cylinder performance data doesnt seem to be reading for some reason.i like how you can scroll down the options and pick the live you want to look at and then flash to the data page and see the info.i think the diablo has more off idle smoke but perhaps not as much full boost smoke as say the cldl or ppe hot. i dont have twins and have had sevral reflashes of the cldl and 1 for the ppe hot and 34 is all i get.
I too experienced the feeling of it trying to run away but I think it's part of the programming to keep it on boost between shifts . Doesn't really " run away " just holds the rpm for a bit longer instead of dropping real fast on each gear change . I do have the brake and ABS lights on went back to stock and then reloaded tune so we will see not too worried about it . Definately helps fuel mileage mine is reading 99 mpg I ONLY WISH !!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know what each of the settings exactly do? Does 1st only do timing, etc... or is it all timing and more duration all of the time, each setting? Is timing controllable?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:28 PM

Mark posted earlier in this thread that it is all duration / timing according to Diablosport . This thing ROCKS I was waiting for Quads Commander but temptation got the best of me !!! Rail press hasn't topped 22,500 on Extreme tune but it's too early to tell .
Old 05-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Chapter President

What kind of price we looking at here? I may be looking to replace my BDPP with a downloader that only does timing duration to go with my Edge when I get it upgraded to the "HOT" tune. Then I really dont want to be double stacking pressures.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Banned

Mixer Man,

Looks like the brown truck did the job for you!!! Enjoy it and let us know what you think of it as you get used to it etc!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Banned

streetsmoker,

Site rules don't allow us to post prices sorry, just ring us up!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 AM

Just remember that when using any diagnostics machine the readings will be false on the tool if you have a tune or a module that alters rail pressure.

I am not sure what truck you have, but a stock 04.5-06 truck will easily top 23K when it is bone stock.

Just keep that in mind.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:12 PM

According to what I've read in this thread this tuner is timing and duration only .....similar to TST. With an adjustable TST where you can change timing it should be ideal. If it is duration and timing then rail pressure should be as indicated. Even if it was altering rail pressure....if it displayed the unmodified pressure before alteration it would be accurate. Duration and Timing "Boxes" tend to keep Rail pressures lower than stock as they don't need max stock pressure to make reasonable power. Just remember when stacking timing boxes that are advancing timing at high fueling can raise cylinder pressures to gasket popping levels pretty quickly. You might want to check your stock head studs to ensure even torque before crankin 'er up. With aggressive advanced timing ....pressure at the head and the turbo can be much different. ks
Old 05-04-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Just remember that when using any diagnostics machine the readings will be false on the tool if you have a tune or a module that alters rail pressure.

I am not sure what truck you have, but a stock 04.5-06 truck will easily top 23K when it is bone stock.

Just keep that in mind.
Hey Quad any chance of getting a race box to play nice with the Diablo ? They say they can custom tune anything you desire and I sure would like to add a bit of smoke when the temptation arises !!!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark Craig
........as well as disabling some torque limiters.
Mark, could you ask Diablo to expand on that? Which torque limiters?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:46 PM

Well mark sold another one today! Mine should be here next week and i already cant wait.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by dodgetech77
Well mark sold another one today! Mine should be here next week and i already cant wait.
This is perfect for me has throttle response like it should have been from DC and very little smoke . Trans shifts ALOT better due to torque limiters being disabled I think but it is real easy on the drivetrain and oh so smooth !!!! I am tickled pink with this thing just waiting for some input from the others with it . I run the 90 hp perf/econo tune daily and it is perfect with no codes or lights on .
Old 05-05-2006, 06:37 PM

I was originally going to get the TST but to use it to its full capacity i would neeed alot of costly upgrades and for a work truck its not practical. On the other hand i wanted to get away from the EZ on level 4 stressing my injectors and CP3 and go more for timing and duration. So ill see how this works out

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator 2003-05 Programmers are OUT!!