3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

diablo pred

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diablo pred

i just saw this on the diablosport forums.thought you guys with the preds might want to check it out.I wonder what dealer he his using.that sux for that guy.but like the saying always goes you pay to play.you can't expaect to add 2hp and then break and expect warranty lol.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...ewtopic&t=2704
Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by bigcat83
i just saw this on the diablosport forums.thought you guys with the preds might want to check it out.I wonder what dealer he his using.that sux for that guy.but like the saying always goes you pay to play.you can't expaect to add 2hp and then break and expect warranty lol.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...ewtopic&t=2704
That's one of the reason's I got rid of mine. I took my truck in for some A/C problems and the diesel tech told me that he could tell there was a programmer on the truck. He reflashed my truck to take care of it in the system, but warned me of putting it back on. I know the whole deal about "you pay to play" and I am a firm believer in that, but I don't want to get stuck some day on the road with a problem that wasn't caused by a programmer and an out-of-town dealer try and argue with me about it. I loved the power and everything, but needless to say it won't be going back on my truck.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:06 AM

i agree on the pay to play theory,i think power adders are made for trucks that are out of waranty or have owners that dont care.i have a little bit of time left on waranty and im fully aware that if my truck goes in for any repairs on the engine im on the hook for the $$$.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06CTDforAU
That's one of the reason's I got rid of mine. I took my truck in for some A/C problems and the diesel tech told me that he could tell there was a programmer on the truck. He reflashed my truck to take care of it in the system, but warned me of putting it back on. I know the whole deal about "you pay to play" and I am a firm believer in that, but I don't want to get stuck some day on the road with a problem that wasn't caused by a programmer and an out-of-town dealer try and argue with me about it. I loved the power and everything, but needless to say it won't be going back on my truck.
But you'll run the Quad race no problem?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by trik396
But you'll run the Quad race no problem?
Yes and I'll continue to until my "bumper to bumper" warranty is up. Then I'll add a programmer in the mix. Here is the way I see it; I know that a dealer can find a programmer OR a box if they look hard enough. But..... if you are having a problem with lets say your taillights; they decide to quit working. Now if you take the truck in to the dealer and the tech hooks it up to one of their scan tools and sees that there was a programmer on the truck, they are going to blame the programmer and want to charge you to fix it even if it has nothig to do with it. I know the whole warranty act deal, but you will have to argue with them about it while your truck is sitting in a shop waiting to be fixed. Now if there was a box on the truck, they can still find it but it will take much more in depth searching and chances are they won't go to that extent UNLESS there is engine damage present. Then I'm on my own anyways and I don't expect them to fix it. So I guess what I'm getting at is that a box is much less likely to be blamed when it comes down to warranty work on anything other than the engine. It just takes more time to search for one and most dealers won't even try.

Rest assured, once my "bumper to bumper" warranty is up I'll be looking for another programmer.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM

I had a bearing in a pully go bad but it was under warranty,i left my mods on there.and they said that it was cool.they fouund no cause of the mods to why the idler bearing went out.now if something happens to the engine then i will fix it.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love when people admit to fraud online in front of potentialy hundreds of people.

To each his own...
Old 07-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by trik396
I love when people admit to fraud online in front of potentialy hundreds of people.

To each his own...
trik.... are you referring to me?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

LOL...
wouldn't surprise me one bit if Cummins and/or DC had people scanning these forums.

Diablo isn't responsible because they didn't twist anyones arm to install it, and DC/Cummins can't be responsible because they sold a stock truck, not one that's had it's brain scrambled

It's unfortunate but, it can't be said enough.... you play, YOU pay
Old 07-26-2007, 02:46 PM

I don't expect the dealer to pay for anything that i do to my motor or trans.i work on diesels for a living.if i was going to worry bout my engine and drive terrain warranty i wouldn't have modded my truck.

you pay to play..........
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Under my VIN number, theres a flag that says something like "possible aftermarket products" or something like that. Basically puts me on high alert to any tech. One dealer didn't want any part of me or my truck when they saw that and another dealer didn't care at all.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
Under my VIN number, theres a flag that says something like "possible aftermarket products" or something like that. Basically puts me on high alert to any tech. One dealer didn't want any part of me or my truck when they saw that and another dealer didn't care at all.
ooooh..your on "the list"
Old 07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by butti
ooooh..your on "the list"
I wonder why
Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
I wonder why
When the last time your truck went to a dealer lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigcat83
When the last time your truck went to a dealer lol.
The last time my truck had been at a dealer was MONTHS until I went in to find out I was on the list.

after that, it was at a dealer for a month (ECM failure) when water/meth was still plumbed! I had the tank hidden in my toolbox and the techs couldn't wait to see what I had locked inside there when I came to pick up the truck

Quick Reply: diablo pred