3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diablo and milage

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo and milage

Has anyone seen any mileage gains with the predator-puck stack on the economy setting. I am thinking about getting this stack if it will increase mpg.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:40 AM

Has anyone tried the economy setting on the Diablo predator?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

No, please post up your reesults, as that's the stack I want to run...

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:03 AM

Im not running the stack just the predator and on the Performance/Economy tune I gained 3 mpg, no joke. I highly recommend this programmer!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by CoolumConst
Ive run it. Deerefarm is right. it will gain you some mileage...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:19 AM

I have a fuel usage of 59.05 gallons and 1291.42 miles for a real time average of 21.87mpg at an average of 62.346mph. Not bad at all considering all my mods....... I drive about 90% hwy and run mine on the regular extreme tune not the stacker tune (now a new custom tune) and the puck maxed out.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 AM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by CoolumConst
If I were to admit to the possible existance of a Diablo Predator in my truck, I would probably further admit to simular gains as witnessed by deerefarm06. I would probably further admit the "tow" setting is nice when hauling the 5th around but for everyday driving the "Extreme" setting is possibly the best of the best.

When driven gently, it has all the power you need for everyday driving, doesn't smoke unless you put your foot in it, or so I've been told. Stanadyne will keep your everyday driving from gaining too much attention due to smoke.

But.... since I live here in California, I can't even think of this type of mod...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 AM

FMB, is it true that in CA you can get a BIG ticket for clouding up the roads? My friend in camarillo said he got fined big.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Chapter President

I leave the Predator set on extreme & the Puck turned off most of the time (unless I wanna play) & I have gained almost 2 more MPG.....

And it's hand calculated.....not going by the overhead display....

HUMP
Old 04-24-2007, 11:38 AM

I really want to get the diablo predator, but I dont want to get extra guages that will give my mods away to the dealer. Do I need pyro and turbo guages if I run the predator? If I do can someone point me in the right direction.
-Eric
Old 04-24-2007, 05:05 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by neverenough
FMB, is it true that in CA you can get a BIG ticket for clouding up the roads?
It is not the ticket for smokin the roads I would worry about, but the citation for having predator program my engine. Not only a stiff fine, but I do believe I would be looking for a new set of wheels... or so I've been told.

Originally Posted by dodgintrouble
I really want to get the diablo predator, but I dont want to get extra guages that will give my mods away to the dealer. Do I need pyro and turbo guages if I run the predator?
You don't need extra guages to use the predator, although it would help to see what is going on. Additionally, just cause you have guages doesn't mean the dealer would 'know' you had any programmer. I'd say, get the DP and the guages. Unless, of course, you are in CA....
Old 04-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by FMB
It is not the ticket for smokin the roads I would worry about, but the citation for having predator program my engine. Not only a stiff fine, but I do believe I would be looking for a new set of wheels... or so I've been told.

You don't need extra guages to use the predator, although it would help to see what is going on. Additionally, just cause you have guages doesn't mean the dealer would 'know' you had any programmer. I'd say, get the DP and the guages. Unless, of course, you are in CA....

Im lost here what does CA have to do with it???
Old 04-24-2007, 05:53 PM

If you get the predator i would advise you to get gauges because your egt's will get high really fast. If your not in CA then dont worry. Sucks for those guys out there, but they do have better weather.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by neverenough
If you get the predator i would advise you to get gauges because your egt's will get high really fast. If your not in CA then dont worry. Sucks for those guys out there, but they do have better weather.
Okay I live in Ca and I really dont want to put gauges in my truck yet what should I buy to get the best mileage.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:09 PM

Im confused also.

Quick Reply: Diablo and milage