3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Di Procol fuel pressure isolator tubing kit, help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Di Procol fuel pressure isolator tubing kit, help

I have this

and this

Got them from DPPI about a year ago. I haven't installed any of it because I just put the FASS pump on a couple weeks ago.

In order to plumb this up, apparently I need a lot more than what the "kit" comes with. There should be a fitting from the G port on the FASS pump to the inlet side of the isolator, then the smaller nylon tube goes from the outlet of the isolator to the inlet on the gauge. The fittings included with the nylon tubing kit are worthless, or I'm retarded. Both ports on the isolator are female, meaning I need a male fitting on both sides. There is only one and it is just an adapter. The only other fitting that goes inside this male adapter is male on both sides, and nothing fits on the small male side of it. Then the two fittings that actually hook up to the nylon tube are female, which means I need a male to male fitting to even make them work.

Am I stupid, or does this "kit" totally suck? What do I do now, go to a hardware store and make this work with all new fittings?

I have the ISSPRO gauge and it is male and one of the female nylon tube fittings DOES fit that, but the other one won't go onto the outlet on the isolator.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really need two of those kits thats what I used. One from pump to isolater then from isolater to gauge. I have the same setup but off a banjo bolt on cp3 pump. You need to use the adapter in the iso first then male piece one of the compression end should come off the female ones and fit on the male to male one and fit the tubing in it. You need two like that one for gauge side of iso and the other for pump side.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its sort of a piece together setup but I believe it will work. use the male/ male fitting from the nylon hose (use one of the compression nuts and pieces from the 2 female fittings). Then there is a brass bushing that will fit the male and to the isolator. You will need a hose from the fuel line to the isolator, I used a grease gun hose. Hope this helps
Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Banned

This is on Danin / Di-Procol's site. This is what I should have purchased.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Banned

I called DPPI today and got the hose ordered, it was $19.95 plus shipping. It's only 2.5 feet long so the isolator has to be mounted along the frame somewhere, but that's fine with me. I don't have much room for anything in the engine compartment anyway.

They also explained the fittings to me. I'm still confused trying to read what you guys wrote but the guy on the phone made it pretty simple and now I feel like an idiot for not figuring this out before. Here is what you are supposed to do, FYI.

Here is what you have left after you put the one female nylon tube compression fitting on the back of the gauge:

So you take the nylon compression fitting part off of the other female fitting and put it on the male to male fitting:

And then you take that male to male and put it on the reducer, and that is the part that goes into the back of the isolator:

Hopefully this will help someone else out there.