3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Devilsown kit arrived... no tubing... help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Devilsown kit arrived... no tubing... help

Okay so I am stoked that my water/meth system arrrived today... Open the box to find that there is no water/meth tubing.... EVERYtHING else is in the bag... Just missing the tubing.

Where can I get the corrrect diameter tubing so that I can install this weekend in the Seattle area? Is it something like nylon tubing? Would some of the leftover lines from my airbag install work?

Anybody have any clever Ideas as to where to get the tubing. The fittings they sell all say that they accept the 1/4" tubing made by devilsown but are not guaranteeed to work with other brands of tube.

I just want to make some progress on my truck this weekend and was really looking forward to getting this outta the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chad
Old 04-26-2008, 01:06 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

1/4 in DOT air line should work. You can get it at any heavy truck repair shop. The stuff from Devilsown is a little thinner walled, but the outside diameter is still 1/4 and that is how the fitting grabs a hold anyway.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:05 PM

If your wantin to do somethin this weekend you might try a truck stop that sells air horns and stuff. Its a real common material actually.

So just "......pop tha clutch, give the tranny a spin and slide on into the stinky pinky gulp-n-guzzle, big rig snooze-a-stop" and gitchoo sum.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:55 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Tristan, do you frequent the stinky pinky guzzle-gulp? It seems you are a wealth of information on all things white trash!
Old 04-26-2008, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by matego
Tristan, do you frequent the stinky pinky guzzle-gulp? It seems you are a wealth of information on all things white trash!
hahahaha and the comprehensive knowledge of the "lingo" was right on!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I often wonder that myself! LOL... barrel of laughs he is
Old 04-26-2008, 06:31 PM

Born to the kansas in-gin town of Manhattan (read that :man-with-hat-on), raised by a pack of camel wides an spanked with a belt buckle that reads "Big Momma". I meerly amplify and reverberate tha missour-uh feelin for tha betterment of DTR-kind. Yer idol-worship will however not be tolerated.

But you kids want a magical mystery tour of the trailer park tornado known as Tha Trystan. Simply dirrect your honkey finger to tha followin hillgrass bluebilly myspace pages an youtube videos an fill yer flask an yer ear hole full of the followin:

Scott H. Biram ("low down truck driver", "18 wheeler fever", etc. my favorite)

Left lane cruiser ("big mama")

Also noteworthy bands to brain warsh yer feeble minds are:

Hank (Williams) III, Tha Legendary Shack Shakers, Bob Log III, Joe Buck, and Split lip rayfield.

After hours of that white trash trainin youll be just like me.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

I have just spent 6 hours on Youtube to try to relate to you. Still nothin'

I believe it is in your DNA. You could have gone to Oxford and studied with some of the greatest professors or traveled the world 20x over and still be the same.

YOU CAN'T HIDE WHATS INSIDE!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:38 AM

Okay I had a bunch of airline leftover from my firestone airbag install. Used it. Its HDPE (which I guess it rated to support methanol) even though I'm just going to be shooting water... Got it all installed.. Now happy! Wish it would have come with proper tubing though. In their (devilsown) defense they were close for a move when I put in my order and the guy had to dig thru boxes to get me all my stuff. Put a 6 gallon HDPE jug in the toolbox and it works out real nice.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:34 AM

Glad it worked for ya. Let us know how ya like it, ive been lookin at that kit for a while. I wonder if it would be any use for the towing setup with there controller?

On a side note I had a pilot for the lead on a new tv show afew years back. Turns out I was to "Original" for them, so sadly My Name Is Tristan never made it. Stinkin Earl. Truth is I was voted most "original personality" in mt. grove high school as my senior noteable back in 95'. Thats not a good thing is it???
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

I have a Devilsown in the car and the Coolingmist in the truck. They are both real good and I cant complain about either one. The reason I went to Coolingmist in the truck was the lifetime warranty. Plus the controller is custom programmable with a PC, but I dont think it is necessary. If you are using it to tow, you better get a 6 gal. tank. I fill my gallon tank 1 time a week just driving back and forth to work.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:25 PM

I have a Devilsown in the car and the Coolingmist in the truck. They are both real good and I cant complain about either one. The reason I went to Coolingmist in the truck was the lifetime warranty. Plus the controller is custom programmable with a PC, but I dont think it is necessary. If you are using it to tow, you better get a 6 gal. tank. I fill my gallon tank 1 time a week just driving back and forth to work.
Got a 6 Gallon tank in the bed... Ready to tow!