3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

ddp injector install

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ddp injector install

i just recieved my 90hp nozzels and new injectors from ddp i was wondering why they dont attach the nozzels before they send the injectors and ive also been looking for a shop to install these as ill make some stupid mistake and mess them up as far as all the shops go they want to install the nozzel and then have them shipped out to be flow tested, i thought that they were all flow tested to match when they are sent, the guy at the shop that will be putting them in kept saying that it may sound like its making sence when he says they are all flow tested together like that but once he takes the stock nozzels off the new injectors he is altering the flow and spray patterns of the injectors and that even though then new nozzles are all the same they may be spraying different ccm's? does anyone have much info on these injectors bucause as far as ive heard they are pretty decent, has anyone had any troubles with them? will they be pretty reliable?...injectors should be in by tomowmrw night ill let you guys know how i like them.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:36 AM

when you buy nozzles thats all you get. you dont get the whole injector. I think you can buy the whole injectors from them for like 350 each. the 90s should help out pretty well. injectors period will help you out. they will help light your turbo up pretty well
Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 AM

yea i got all the new injectors as well since thats what they recommended and i thougth i might have had a leaky one, my truck has been gettin harder to start and it just idles rough once in a while.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is why my bad injecters went to formula one. Don installs the performance tips fixes the bad injecters flows the injecters makes sure everything is in perfect working order and returns them to you. All you have to do is reinstall and go
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 AM

Do a contribution test before you do anything if your this worried. If their flowin good it will show up on the scanner, if theres a bad one in there you'll see it.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 PM

well i got the injectors in...truck idles smooth and seems alright i did find when i was driving though that it pulls hard up to 2000rpms then after that it kind of sounds like its missing and then doesnt have the power it had on the bottom end, is there a break in period on these injectors, will it clear up with a few more miles on them?...this contribution test is that done at a dodge dealer with a scan tool or somthing? i think i may just be waiting till monday and see what the dodge dealer says about it before i take it on my 4.5 hour drive home.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Banned

The DRB will locate the dead or leaking injectors. Are you making any oil? The injector nozzle swap is simple just follow the installation guide on their website and it will be simple. A 3/4 crows foot and 3/4 line wrench will be the only real speciallty tools you will need. Also a deep and shallow socket set and FT lbs and IN Lbs torque wrenches. The only thing i have found to add to that install guide that helps alot is when you put the injectors back in their hole then slide in the feed tubes and feel them connect hand tighten the injector hold down bolts then back out this will seat them then tighten down the feed tube nuts then back them out this will seat the two together. Then torque the hold down bolts too injecotrs to 89inlbs then tighten the tube nuts to 33ftlbs and button everything back up. FYI only remove exhaust rocker arms and keep them in order the only real thing that has to go back exact and retorque them to 27ftlbs.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by moparmatt
...i did find when i was driving though that it pulls hard up to 2000rpms then after that it kind of sounds like its missing and then doesnt have the power it had on the bottom end...
If you figure out what that is, PLEASE let me know. I've got a buddy that has his truck as Scheid for a little over 5 weeks and they can't figure out why it's doing it. They've replaced the injectors, CP3, reflashed the ECM, installed bigger connector tubes, and still can't figure it out. Right now it has all three shops stumped. His white smokes when it starts cutting out around 2200 RPM and up. Don't mean to scare you. Could be something totally different. Good luck and please let me know.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:55 AM

(Creed) thanks for the good helpful post, im regreting gettin a shop to do this install i wish i would have done it my self and saved the extra money as far as everything goes he said that he went exactly by the instructions that dynotmite sent with the injectors, i couldnt tell if he reused the copper washers off the new injectors or if he used the ones with the new nozzles i forgot to ask either way though its a new copper washer and shouldnt matter should it?
(2whistlers) yea that doesnt sound to good but i havent noticed any white smoke coming from mine althoug i havent got to check while its light out i will be doing that in the morning..what kind of injectors did your buddy put in, i really wish i woulda put some formual 1s or stockers back in and had a fass put on from the first day i got that truck
Old 11-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

Yes as long as their was a new copper washer installed you should be okay. Also sometimes the o-rings on the injector bodies new or rebuilt can be missing common errror and this will cause a huge leak and a miss. Take it to a dodge place and pay the diagnostic fee for them to do a cylinder/injector cutout test with their drb. Its a well spent $50 and great piece of insurance and im sure that 450 mile trip will be alot easier with a piece of mind knowing all is okay.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:55 PM

yea im going to try that hopefully its just some stupid mistake, those injectors were pricy i want to keep them as long as i can get them running right other wise ill take the down time and go with f1s
Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 PM

well its not making oil and its not blowing any white smoke, i did notice however that they when they put the old tips back there was one thats missing a copper washer i dont know if they lost it after they took it out or if they accidently didnt take the old one off and left 2 on one injector and if they did would that cause teh problems i have?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 PM

well i looked in the box with the old injectors and they didnt change out the nozzles, so i asked them y they didnt do it and, it was because they would have had to send them away to be flow tested, they should have told me that they werent going to be puttin the 90 hp nozzles on, now i cant figure out why new stock injectors that were just put in have a miss after 2000rpms? hopefully i get this figured out soon as i need my truck for work, almost thinking about finding another 12v.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Banned

I think having 2 copper washers could possibly cause the problem you're describing.

The new nozzles don't need to be flow tested before installation. I would assume DDP flow tests them as part of their QC program. Assuming your existing bodies are good, then the flow would just be slightly increased across the board.

I would say look around for another shop that knows what their doing or try it yourself if you feel comfortable. People install new tips onto their existing bodies every day without any problems.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:28 PM

yea i went and found another shop and they just installed the same injectors on their boss' 07 just a few weeks ago and have had no problems with them

Quick Reply: ddp injector install