3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DDP custom injectors 03-06's

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDP custom injectors 03-06's

Anyone out there running 150Hp or bigger sticks on there common rail. If so what brand. Im getting my truck on tuesday and custom ordered some DDP's. The rating on them is high so I just wanted to hear some feedback from some people who might be using similiar size injectors
Old 12-30-2006, 06:39 PM

What do you plan on doing with your truck Blackbeast

Kevin
Old 12-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

Im going to work it. I also want to take it to dyno events and try and win onn #2 only. I want over 700rwhp on #2 only. I think its gonna do it. I got everything but head work and my rings done. Those do not increase HP though.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:12 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I scimmed through your sig but was wonderin, did you do the valve springs too, or did I just miss it?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 PM

That is an awfully big injector for a common rail, especially if you plan on driving it everyday..... I dont even think I would like to drive a truck with bigger than 90hp injectors.

Kevin
Old 12-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

Valve springs,Head work,Fire ring was the only things on the engine I did not replace. Springs are only for raising rpm which I dont think is a good idea. The ring and head are just for more boost. They just make it so your engine can handle a little more boost. People with studs run around 70psi without problems. Guys with the rings and head can run 80+psi. I will only spend money on headwork if my head breaks and still its just not worth it to me.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
wap

Good to know, I have thought about a cam down the road but the springs cost abou as much as the cam and I thought it was kinda necessary to do the springs with the cam. Good to hear it aint.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

wap I am no pro but I have talked to a lot of companies on the phone about my truck over the last two weeks and I am going off what they said. Plus I have learned a few things from some very knowledgeable folks around here. Some others will tell you to get aftermarket springs and and head work. I could see doing the rings if you want to blow 80+psi maybe but I still just think its unnecessary. Theres trucks out there with the same goal I have of 700+on #2 only with no head work or fire rings. The springs on a new stock dodge are 60+lbs thats alot.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

Morkable it is a big injector but I have to have 700 on #2 only so I went a little bigger. I also wanted to have the extra HP to get the DUally scooting.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:45 PM
wap

Same here, no pro but I am learnin. I have only been lookin into cams the last day or two and do be honest I have asked one person about the came and spings. I said "if I do a cam should I do the springs too?" and He said "wouldnt be a bad idea."

So thats what I was goin off of.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by wap
Same here, no pro but I am learnin. I have only been lookin into cams the last day or two and do be honest I have asked one person about the came and spings. I said "if I do a cam should I do the springs too?" and He said "wouldnt be a bad idea."

So thats what I was goin off of.
he was right, valve springs let your engine make more HP.
read this https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=126435
Old 12-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

Go for it try it out. I personally just got studs and a cam. I dont think you need the other stuff. I think that stuff is important when you start getting upwards of 800+HP. I have no intention of spraying except some water once in a while. I want #2 power only. Its not that much money once your where I am at to get springs and head work/fire rings but I really think its unnesscesary for my truck and goal.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:54 PM

Barry at NADP has 2 duallys that are both in the low 12's and he is only running 90hp sticks in both

Kevin
Old 12-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Banned

I know I talked to this guy about my truck yesterday from NADP and he thinks I will make my goal. He also said that I do not need head work or the ringing to reach my goal. Like I said Im not really against it its actually beefing your motor more but for me and my truck I dont think I need it. Im excited to get my truck its got everything that the NADP dually has on it and more.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:04 PM

I guess what I meant is that I think you wont be happy with the drivability of your truck with that big of injectors. Barrys trucks have excellent streetability and still go like stink

Kevin

Quick Reply: DDP custom injectors 03-06's