3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dash mount pod for gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash mount pod for gauges?

I am planning on installing some gauges and was looking at the 3 gauge dash pod. Does anyone have this set-up? How is the fit and finish? I am looking at the kit from Diesel Manor.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:17 AM

Maybe overhead

Originally Posted by 4wlow
I am planning on installing some gauges and was looking at the 3 gauge dash pod. Does anyone have this set-up? How is the fit and finish? I am looking at the kit from Diesel Manor.
I don't have the dash mount but if you look in my photos you can see the overhead mount. Admittedly the gauges will not be right in front of you, but they are right there when you look into the rear view mirror. Hopefully you are looking at front grilles more than tail lights.

L8r,............dogger
Old 09-01-2006, 06:35 AM

You can see the dashmount in my pics. I prefer it over the pillar mounts.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:49 AM

I have it on my 05. I have had the pillar mount and really like the dash mounted gauge pod more. The gauges do not obstruct your view at all, but easier to see than on the pillar. I got mine from Geno's. The wiring easily runs to the corner of the windshield and down thru the hole where the corner speak is. (Even if you have a speaker there.) I actually made up a harness with a connector in line. That way, if I ever needed to work on anything, I could just unhook it and remove the whole gauge pod and top dash piece together. Makes it so much easier to install too. I have done this to 4 trucks now and everyone seems to like it. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, but it is really straight forward.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Chapter President

I am uploading a pic of my dash pod now (not sure when it will be "available")...

I didn't like the pillar mount due to perceived visibilty infringement, so i went with the dash pod.....

The wiring was a bit of a pain, but do-able; the Post-Thingy sticking out on the left of the pod is a 1k pot so I can adjust the brightness of the gauges independently of the dash lights.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:05 PM

Hey dogger...

I dig the pod. I like it ALOT better than my in the dash style unit. Did it come in Taupe or did you have to paint it?

Thanks,

Damon
Old 09-01-2006, 11:48 PM

I love my dash mount. It looks great and fits perfect to the dash. A guy posted his install on dieselram.com in the archives, lots of pictures and where to tap into for wiring,it made the install alot easier.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:15 AM

Another vote for the dash mount. I have had mine for a while now and its in the perfect location. It does not obstruct your view and its just a quick eye glance down from where you naturally are looking. Doesnt create a blind spot and the best feature I have found, When that Ford or chevy guy pulls up next to you, he cant see them. Theres no tip off that you might have something like gauges usually give cause he cant see them. He gets the idea that he can woop up on you cause he is oblivious to the fact that you do in fact have something extra. Then he looks like a fool in front of his girl when you lay it down on him with that lil' ole 6 cylinder!!!
I promise thats never happened to me
Old 06-20-2008, 03:24 PM

where abouts on dieselram.com can u find it?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to the HOW TO SECTION
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 PM

where? i went to DTR resource and found nothing on 3rd gen dash pod install. where u c it?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:48 AM

Here's a few snaps---

Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 PM

Old thread, but how did you run the wires down? Did you drill a hole in your dash? Was there enough room to work ok?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 PM

I have both a dash pod and triple a-pillar. I don't know which I like better. The triple a pillar is color matched and fits real well in most cases. The dash pod has to be painted to match and they never seem to fit perfectly flush against the dash, probably due to the dash piece being so flexible and only having an attachement point toward the front of the pod. It usually isn't noticable though. But you do have to drill a hole in it to run the wires through and two holes for the screws that hold the bracket. The dash pod is a little easier to watch when driving. If you ever wanted to sell the truck and keep the pod and gauges you could always just replace that part of the dash which is only about 8 inches wide I guess. Tac
Old 01-27-2009, 06:53 PM

I like my dash pod. The only downfall is the l.e.d. lights i have reflect, to the windshield

Quick Reply: Dash mount pod for gauges?