3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Cross Drilled/Slotted Front rotors??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cross Drilled/Slotted Front rotors??

Gotta replaced my u-joints in the front..so i might as well do the brakes...anybody know where i can get upgraded front brakes as well as sway bar bushings and maybe bars? I would like to go all aftermarket cause OEM parts are not cutting it...thanks
Old 11-17-2006, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drill and slotteds rotors will wear pads faster, drilled is old school amd slotted is new school, You have less surface to clamp too, I would do a search at ferodo and see if they have something more agressive but beware hipo pads need heat in them to work properly so that first time you hit the brakes you will get the oh chit factor, I have a roadrace Evo with killer pads to race with and somethings I street drive it and I have the oh chit factor, I personally wouldn't do it.....

More agressive pads kill the rotor life big time... I personally would go to autozone they have more agressive pads without the oh chit factor

cheese you got a Stang thrash that, lol
Old 11-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Banned

Drilled rotors are not good on heavy trucks like our's. Slotted are ok though but also have draw backs. Try a Search and you will find more info about what im talking about.

Brakes are a give and take sort of thing and the oem stuff is right down the middle. If your going to be doing alot of road racing then yeah look into some high performance stuff with high performance price and frequent replacing. Or you can keep your tired and true OEM stuff.

Think about how well your OEM stuff worked. The pads will last 60K easy, and the rotors looked perfect at 57K. Simple replacment oem pads work fine for me and they dont chew up rotors like some of the high performance stuff.

Hey if you got lots of $$$ then yeah step it up but if not keep your oem stuff.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:35 PM

thanks fellas, i guess i was goin off my stang cause the brake upgrade on my car made a hellova differnce in stopping power...i guess these trucks are just too dang heavy
Old 11-17-2006, 06:39 PM

i did however find these on the almighty ebay....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2157696&rd=1,1
Old 11-17-2006, 07:37 PM

I did slotted rotors on my old truck because I used to warp rotors while i was towing, they were great and I never had another problem. I would be nice if AP racing or Brembo would step up and make a brake kit for 8 lug dodges, they have them for Ford and GM.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by bbhzx12
I did slotted rotors on my old truck because I used to warp rotors while i was towing, they were great and I never had another problem. I would be nice if AP racing or Brembo would step up and make a brake kit for 8 lug dodges, they have them for Ford and GM.
AMEN to that! I love my Brembo stuff on my lambo and loved it on my Ferrari. Definitely the best way to go!