3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Crazy Larry stacks

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy Larry stacks

What stacks well with a CLDL? Any dyno or track tangible data to support the use of a given box with the CLDL? Tks.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Tire Hater

I don't think there are even dyno results of the CLDL so far.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:26 AM

Talking Your tag,....

Originally posted by John Rodriguez
I don't think there are even dyno results of the CLDL so far.
John,

I like your tag,...."tire hater". From what I've seen of your burn outs, then you've earned it. bought any tire stock lately??
Old 05-05-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Piers posted 554hp with Crazy Larry, 565hp TST and 675hp stacked.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...69#post1200369
Old 05-05-2005, 07:00 PM

i ran the larry and the tst same day and the tst walked all over it and when i stacked them it sounded like a barrel of hammers rolling down a hill...not good ,my cldl didnt do 500 alone it has been sent in for a reflash,and will be installed back in the truck soon
Old 05-05-2005, 08:39 PM

king d, what version did you have?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:10 PM

CLDL and TST

Originally posted by king d
i ran the larry and the tst same day and the tst walked all over it and when i stacked them it sounded like a barrel of hammers rolling down a hill...not good ,my cldl didnt do 500 alone it has been sent in for a reflash,and will be installed back in the truck soon
King d,

Which version of each box did you run? I never ran the TST, but the CLDL I have is hot as I have other gauges so didn't get the Outlook. That means NO defueling. I know everyone says the TST is king, but I'd have to see it to believe it walks all over the CLDL. There are guys on the forum that have dynoed right at 500hp with the CLDL and I haven't seen anyone do that with the TST alone,..not saying it can't happen, but just going by the numbers. I'm hoping someone says that maybe a VAC3.2 will stack with the CLDL. Still waiting to hear it.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:17 PM

i just got the lates cl version from bdog in the mail this week,but havent had time to put it in.on my truck even though the cl program was in the tuner it didnt work...it seems there may have been an issue so it has been reflashed and i will reinstall soon..as far as real world the cl was faster on the street but tst made almost 70 more hp
Old 05-05-2005, 09:26 PM

70 more HP???

i just got the lates cl version from bdog in the mail this week,but havent had time to put it in.on my truck even though the cl program was in the tuner it didnt work...it seems there may have been an issue so it has been reflashed and i will reinstall soon..as far as real world the cl was faster on the street but tst made almost 70 more hp
You've got me curious. Are you saying head to head with the same truck and the same everything else,....then the TST puts down 70 more hp than a CLDL? Or are you saying that in a stacked situation the TST put down more than the CLDL when stacked with a given box? If it's the first premise then you'd be saying the TST lays down around 270hp by itself while the CLDL puts down around 200HP? Or am I missing something here?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:53 PM

Re: CLDL and TST

Originally posted by OT-OF-Here
I'm hoping someone says that maybe a VAC3.2 will stack with the CLDL. Still waiting to hear it. [/B]
OT OF HERE, why don,t you try running your juice with the cldl? I don't remember where but I read that the cldl downloader raises pressure to as high as you'd want to go, so I wouldn't use a pressure box untill your sure what your at now.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:57 AM

Re: 70 more HP???

Originally posted by OT-OF-Here
You've got me curious. Are you saying head to head with the same truck and the same everything else,....then the TST puts down 70 more hp than a CLDL? Or are you saying that in a stacked situation the TST put down more than the CLDL when stacked with a given box? If it's the first premise then you'd be saying the TST lays down around 270hp by itself while the CLDL puts down around 200HP? Or am I missing something here?
head to head on the same truck the tst spanked the pup alone and in stacked combinations..my pup numbers were crazy low,so much infact that bdog wanted the tuner back to look at it..the correct part number was programmed into the pup but they think erhaps the program was not installed by some fluke...i have heard rumors of the cl not giving the extra hp on some trucks and have been contacted by a few with similar results,perhaps it was a screwed up batch released,i hope to know more soon...also my truck only had about 1200 miles on it at the dyno with a stock fuel system
Old 05-06-2005, 05:50 AM

Re: Re: CLDL and TST

Originally posted by yzfr6
OT OF HERE, why don,t you try running your juice with the cldl? I don't remember where but I read that the cldl downloader raises pressure to as high as you'd want to go, so I wouldn't use a pressure box untill your sure what your at now.
The idea is great and I tried it a couple months back. Performance wasn't helped and the engine didn't sound happy. It was that kind of sound that you knew you better back off. Since the Juice apparently doesn't do pressure then I can only assume that the combined timing was probably too much. I believe AK RAM has said that the BDDL works great with the VA C3.2 but I was trying to get some confirmation that it would also work with the CLDL and if so at what level? Or if there are other boxes that interface well with the CLDL then I'd like to know what they are.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:11 PM

as of this weekend cldl only netted 419.6ho and 804 tq when stacked with tst 508.3hp and 932 tq,had decent smoke left,but didnt have the nos tuned in yet so i didnt try it...this cldl has been sent back and still didnt make the power on my truck,why...i just dont know...the stack made good power but the shitfs with the tst are pure junk...i picked up a power play from ts this weekend so il try it with the pup if i am not happy its edge hot next.....
Old 05-08-2005, 06:44 PM

More does not always net more??

as of this weekend cldl only netted 419.6ho and 804 tq when stacked with tst 508.3hp and 932 tq,had decent smoke left,but didnt have the nos tuned in yet so i didnt try it...this cldl has been sent back and still didnt make the power on my truck,why...i just dont know...the stack made good power but the shitfs with the tst are pure junk...i picked up a power play from ts this weekend so il try it with the pup if i am not happy its edge hot next.....
What the heck? What I mean is by your attachment I can clearly tell something is wrong with your CLDL. I'd stop just short of saying you probably have the BDDL and not the CLDL by the HP and TQ you have listed. Why is more not always more? In your sig you add in a C3.1 with the TST and the CLDL and you've got 40HP less and about 100TQ less by adding the C3.1 in the mix. I've seen some posts, assuming the accuracy of what is posted, that showed 504HP with just the CLDL. Based on my own experience with the stacked standard Juice and EZ which netted 430+HP, ...I'd have to say the CLDL I have has got to be close to the 500HP mark. Addmitedly I haven't dynoed it yet as our local dyno took a dump, but is now back in good health. So that will be something I'll be doing shortly. Meanwhile I have had my Juice bumped to the HOT. Another example of why more is not necessarily more. The HOT when stacked with the same EZ, and using the same Attitude, netted me slower 0-60 and 1/4 mile than with the stock Juice and EZ. Go figure. Bottom line is that the HOT apparently doesn't like the EZ stack. I'm sure some will argue with that, but my own exhaustive performance tests (not dyno tests) have shown it's not a happy marriage. One caviot is that the HOT is showing tremendous backdown or defueling (around 43% to 47%). I've got a plan to handle that situation so I can see what the HOT will really do for me. While I'm on this defueling thing, let me say that my CLDL is just the downloader without the Outlook and therefore it doesn't defuel which may be why my dl is soooooo strong. I have X-monitor in addition to the Attitude so I can keep track of critical mass. Still much to be tested for me with the addition of a new turbo soon. According to my reading on the forum a real affective turbo can account for 10% power increase so I'm hoping that is good info and I intend to validate it myself.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:32 AM

this is the crazy larry program,the little electic numbers that printed on the screen said so but bdog said matbe the right program was not installed,so i sent it back and it was flashed to crazzy larry with out a doubt...this time the clcdl was dynoed by itself on a mustang not dynojet and netted more hhp and tq but no were near what i expected..when i added the tst to the stack it made 88 more hp and like 126tq more..now on to your seat of the pants performance and gtech stuff,i feel you the crazy larry by itself will smack the clcdl and tst stack,,why seemless power no slouchy shifts,i dont have an outlook monitor and although my tst has the built ingages it doesnt have the pyro connected any more and still no better...i have heard rumors on the cldl but i want to find out more before i post,i will contact bdog today and see what they say