3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

CR Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:CR Injectors

I have extrude honed injectors for the CR (stage 1- stage 5). However, they do have a clatter that some folks don't like (including me). Call or e-mail for prices and details on whats happening.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:24 AM

I have Diesel Dynamics injectors in my truck. No clatter. Whos injectors are you selling that cause this clatter?
Old 12-08-2003, 01:43 PM

The ones I have tried come from Extrude Hone, via a distributor. I have also tried the Bully Dog CR's and they clattered the same. I am not too happy. I would try Diesel Dynamics, but I am not one of thier dealers, customers can get them direct as cheap as I can. I am at the mercy of others on this particular item.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:53 PM

My experiance with this is relatively small but of the 3 trucks (03)that I know of in my area that are injectored with the DD injectors none of them exhibit any clatter.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:03 PM

DD's

What HP level or Stage are the DD's you have experience with? These are all stage III's and V's. The V's are worse than the III's. I want it to be clear that these injectors are not going out my door to just anyone, I am installing them free of charge (no labor charge) and removing them if they are noisy, it is just frustrating to have these problems. I have absolutely nothing against DD, I just am unable to purchase and resell thier products at a competitive price.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:24 PM

All are 3's. Keith told me that this is the most they are going to offer for a time because they were not able to get much more out of em without problems. Im wondering if the clattering your talking about might be one of the things they were running into?
Old 12-09-2003, 08:21 AM

That is a good point, do you know how much HP you are getting from the III's? I wonder if thier (DD's) III's are equivalent in HP to the II's I am getting, or if they are right up there with the III's. On a HO the III's are good for at least 100HP, but the stock turbo is holding me back right now. I have been working with Pius @ Bell, should have another one of his turbos on the 03 next week, then we'll see what these injectors are capable of (besides clattering). Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:22 AM

Diesel Dynamics claims 100 hp for them. I did not do a dyno before and after that would verify that. Based on overall power they would be there or very close. My experiance with DD has been they pretty much give ya what they advertise. I did talk to another fellow about this last night and he told me that he had heard a truck with Dr. P injectors that was clattering and those were supposed to be good for 150 hp.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:14 AM

Thanks for the info, I am getting another set of III's today and will be putting them in next week. I know the Dr P's clatter, there was one of his jobs running at a tractor pull and you could hear the clatter in the stands.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:14 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DD has the goods. Their injectors are tops in the field at his time. The changes to the CR nozzles, the flow rates required, etc have thrown the other vendors off course. I found the new nozzles last fall to be less than perfect for anything over 100HP and maintain long term reliability. The EH process is not the same form vendor to vendor. This includes the patent holder for the technology most use.

Don~
Old 12-09-2003, 10:34 AM

Don M,
You are the man, thanks for chiming in. I need to get in touch with you and quit messing around, how long untill you get something out for the CR's?
Old 12-09-2003, 03:50 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea. After we discoverd the internals of the nozzles are coated with DLC to keep friction down and the close close tolerances used I knew it was not an easy replacement.

Bosch has the nozzles produced in Japan in a super high tech factory. They are so close it fit, its almost scary. Millionths of an inch. Bosch has had some failures as well. I am still lookinginto the fialures in hopes of dealing with it early.

I have several new designs in testing now. I always say "its a few months away" and then we find another obstacle.

The DLC was the worst hurdle. Finally, we have that licked.

Now its "another mess"

I decided to skip the extrude hone process for the most part and go right to a replacement high performacne nozzle like we use on the 24 valve.

As far as extrudes, I can do them now, but that is not the main goal we have. That is DD's forte, IMO.

Don~

Old 12-09-2003, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the honest answer. I am grateful that there are people out there like yourself with the knowledge and will to take something like this and make it better. As I said earlier I am a little frustrated with what I have been sold so far. I do not have the facilities or $$$ to design and build products like this, so I have to depend on others to figure it out and myself to market it. If you dont mind I would like to speak with you sometime, send me a pm with your contact info if you want.

Quick Reply: CR Injectors