3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

control arms

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
control arms

hey all, I was just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the control arms offered by dt profab? I am wanting to replace mine. I would like to go with something like the ones that Carli or kore offers but those prices are ridiculous. So if you know anything or have them please let me know if they are worth getting. Thanks
Old 10-29-2006, 07:22 PM

what about this? ahs anyone replaced the stock control arm bushings? I have heard this is doable. Can anyone spaek to that, maybe some cost. thanks alot guys I just need to get started on this this week.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM

I have DT's radius arms....one of the best things I ever did to the front end. I was going to do the CA's, but they wouldn't work with 6" of lift. David Turbyfill talked me into test bedding the RA's and I've been thrilled with 'em.

For 4" or less, I'd highly recommend them.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:25 PM

im only at 2.5 inches. Are these the ones that you are talking about? http://dtprofab.com/large/02007-FULL.jpg.
Would these be upgraded from stock. stonger etc. I am just thinking that the bushings in the stock ones are junk and worn out and I am considering servicing them but I am just wondering if it would be worth it to buy these instead? **** trucks
Old 11-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by usedtostrokeit
im only at 2.5 inches. Are these the ones that you are talking about? http://dtprofab.com/large/02007-FULL.jpg.
Would these be upgraded from stock. stonger etc. I am just thinking that the bushings in the stock ones are junk and worn out and I am considering servicing them but I am just wondering if it would be worth it to buy these instead? **** trucks
I would probably just replace the stock ones. Poly urethane bushing like the ones used on the arms in the picture are just as prone to falling apart as the stock ones. The joints used in Carli's arms are sperical type joints and do not fall apart like rubber or poly urethane. They also have an adjustment ring so that you can tighten them up as you go, as well as a zirc fitting for greasing. You basically get what you pay for with the Carli arms, but if it's just the bushing you are worried about and want to save some bucks I would definately just replace the stock one.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Baja_Mike
I would probably just replace the stock ones. Poly urethane bushing like the ones used on the arms in the picture are just as prone to falling apart as the stock ones. The joints used in Carli's arms are sperical type joints and do not fall apart like rubber or poly urethane. They also have an adjustment ring so that you can tighten them up as you go, as well as a zirc fitting for greasing. You basically get what you pay for with the Carli arms, but if it's just the bushing you are worried about and want to save some bucks I would definately just replace the stock one.
I've been hammering those same DT bushings for better than two years in my truck and they're still in good shape.....and only one pair as opposed to two pairs in the replacement CA's.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:54 PM

Cow hand, you aint hammerin till you can keep up with me

Bob,with Carli arms.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 PM

Thuren Fab is about ready to release some
Old 11-21-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by bob4x4
Cow hand, you aint hammerin till you can keep up with me

Bob,with Carli arms.
Bob, my hammered 2nd gen 10 year old 243K truck will never keep up with that reprogrammed, 3" King sportin' off road Rolls Royce you're sportin' around town these days.

But it did pull my 11K lbs toy hauler out to Ocotillo and back in fine style.

Long about March I might be in a position to challenge......if the 6.7 is any good.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:41 PM

Digging the PC XTA's Cowhand?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Digging the PC XTA's Cowhand?
So far.....

I know this, I'll never go back to Swampers, and I had great luck with em. The improvement in ride quality is remarkable. And they're quiet

Pulled my trailer through the soft stuff in the desert in 2WD
Old 11-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowhand
I've been hammering those same DT bushings for better than two years in my truck and they're still in good shape.....and only one pair as opposed to two pairs in the replacement CA's.
I've built 2 championship winning off road race vehicles and numerous others and have tried making urethane bushings work on one of them because it progressed up from a stock based class. Urethane bushings are only marginally better than the stock rubber. If you're going to spend the money to make the jump I just think the money is better spent on superior joints. Just my opinion.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:53 PM

I am digging them big time...2' of snow the other day...not a worry. Just packed it down and floated on top with no spin. Sorry to hijack.

I am about ready for a suspension upgrade...Kings all the way around. Don't laugh...but I have had ZERO issues with my TUFF control arms and buskings...they are as tight as can be. What would be the advantage of a radius arm? Seems the caster change is the only disadvantage. Ride improvement or just an end all strength improvement?

Bushings still seem a litle more "rider" friendly...and would eat up some of the vibration that heim joints would transmit to the frame????
Old 11-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cquestad

Bushings still seem a litle more "rider" friendly...and would eat up some of the vibration that heim joints would transmit to the frame????
Yes bushings are a bit quieter, but they also tend to make the suspension movements "vague" for lack of better words. The joints used in the Carli arms are not heim joints where you are just riding on a very thin layer of teflon, instead they have delrin bushings inside so that they are more compliant and will last longer and are greasable. They offer a much more precise feeling to the steering and suspension movements. Because they have less stiction than a rubber bushing or urethane the suspension movements are smoother therefore leading to a smoother ride over expansion joints and all other types of bumps and holes but with the trade off of slightly higher road noise.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:51 PM

Ohhhh..I hate "stiction"...been fighting that for years on the moto!

Quick Reply: control arms